Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 12:28:59 AM
I learned in another thread that the cravers can build trade buildings... I always assumed they could not trade due to the eternal war trait. I guess i have a few things to fix there; that should put them back in line. A rampaging locust horde that also trade is ridiculous... And OP.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 2:45:32 AM
With all the balancing needed I'm wondering what the hell were developers thinking... They should finalize base game before even thinking about any expansion. smiley: wink Luckily we have you fine lad Foraven on board to the the devs job!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 3:01:28 AM
you really should NOT remove trade for cravers. Think about it... CUSTOM FACTIONS! Not all cravers use the endless war trait. Not all cravers DONT use blockade breakers. Limiting options is a bad idea considering how little we have with the custom factions anyway (not saying we don't have a lot but i'm greedy smiley: biggrin)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 3:15:38 AM
Hister wrote:
With all the balancing needed I'm wondering what the hell were developers thinking... They should finalize base game before even thinking about any expansion. smiley: wink Luckily we have you fine lad Foraven on board to the the devs job!

Well, thanks. But be gentle on the devs, having messed with their databases i can understand why nobody sat down to do it (it's huge!). One really need to be crazy and have lots of time to spare to do it.

Besides, now that i got VIP status, i can probably get a few things done in that regard.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 3:17:39 AM
Gameslayer989 wrote:
you really should NOT remove trade for cravers. Think about it... CUSTOM FACTIONS! Not all cravers use the endless war trait. Not all cravers DONT use blockade breakers. Limiting options is a bad idea considering how little we have with the custom factions anyway (not saying we don't have a lot but i'm greedy smiley: biggrin)

Don't worry, i just disabled trade from Endless War, not the craver trait itsef. If you want to make a trade happy locust horde, you will be able to.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 1:05:32 PM
Still on it. Things go along well and i'm about done adding comments to the AIParametersTechnology so i can mess with AI's tech priorities. Probably release a new version of the mod soon after.

The next version of the mod will have my experimental new planet attributes; we will see if they work well and don't unbalance the game too much, if not i can easily reverse the change and return stock attributes. It would be sad to do so though, i spent a lot of time creating new terraforming tech so each planet size cost is different, no point in keeping that with the stock planet attributes that makes planet size almost irrevalent. Anyway, will post more later.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 4:33:48 PM
Foraven wrote:
Well, i like when things make sense, and terraforming a planet should be a major task, not just a thrivial one. However i agree it may not be very tempting to do in this incarnation as the cost may be too high. Adding ressource requirement may have the impact i seek; ie something to hold back mass terraforming while not making it too prohibitive to do.

When and clash, gameplay is more important.

Terraforming at base values is not overpowered, probably the only commonly used one is Barren to Lava, and perhaps ->Terran for the unique techs.

Terraforming for food is hardly ever used, and that's the main gain in FIDS when going down the tiers. It's all about the +1 pop and minor fids bonuses.

(Lava and Barren hold the best exploitations, i'd like to remember: Lava is already pretty damn good in itself, especially for specialized systems)

Full-terraforming is already a pity when confronted with techs such as Hydrosequencing and Infinite variable computing. Making it even worse means flat-out taking it out as a feature.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 5:02:07 PM
Aureon wrote:
Terraforming at base values is not overpowered, probably the only commonly used one is Barren to Lava, and perhaps ->Terran for the unique techs.

Overpowered would not be the word i use, more like it's just an upgrade among many others, one that the governors are all too happy to do as soon as they can. But upping the cost it become less used, more unique. The price will still be high in the next FF, but much lower than it currently is. At the very least, it will be used a lot on the smaller planets.

Terraforming for food is hardly ever used, and that's the main gain in FIDS when going down the tiers. It's all about the +1 pop and minor fids bonuses.

(Lava and Barren hold the best exploitations, i'd like to remember: Lava is already pretty damn good in itself, especially for specialized systems)

Full-terraforming is already a pity when confronted with techs such as Hydrosequencing and Infinite variable computing. Making it even worse means flat-out taking it out as a feature.

Well, more population equal more influence, and more influence (in my mod) mean easier to colonize nearby systems. With the changes i made to planet fids and size, there should be more reasons to play around with terraforming.

That makes me think i should undo one change i made in an earlier version; there is no need for 2 lines of terraforming anymore so i will combine the 2 again so it be easier to switch back and forth between planet types..
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 5:26:07 PM
An upgrade that pays for itself in 100+ turns shouldn't ever be made, that's the problem.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 6:05:24 PM
Aureon wrote:
An upgrade that pays for itself in 100+ turns shouldn't ever be made, that's the problem.

At some point you should have more than enough production to do it in 2-4 turns, cost efficiency should not matter anymore unless you really need to convert that production (but you are wasting 75% of it)... But then again, at that point in the game you will probably blow just as much, if not more in new ships.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 12, 2013, 6:45:44 PM
New version up. Improved the AI, made a few tweaks and revamped planets attributes and terraforming costs. Enjoy!

Note: My new planets fids output may still need some balance, so are the terraforming cost.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 2:43:06 AM
Foraven wrote:
At some point you should have more than enough production to do it in 2-4 turns, cost efficiency should not matter anymore unless you really need to convert that production (but you are wasting 75% of it)... But then again, at that point in the game you will probably blow just as much, if not more in new ships.

Of course you will. Also in setting up science/dust farms in the zones too far.

Thing is, look at Non-baryonic Shell. A terraform chain (Barren->Terran) can't possibly cost more than the improvement which gives +2 FIDS.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 3:01:56 AM
Aureon wrote:
Of course you will. Also in setting up science/dust farms in the zones too far.

Thing is, look at Non-baryonic Shell. A terraform chain (Barren->Terran) can't possibly cost more than the improvement which gives +2 FIDS.

Not sure i follow what you mean there.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 11:50:46 AM
The improvement Non-Baryonic shell is stronger than a terraform chain on every single planet on the system, and it's much cheaper currently.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 12:56:30 PM
Vanavaramban wrote:
Foraven, could you use my german localization for the next pkg please? I have uploaded it here: /#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/16338-released-colored-anomalies

The current german files are mostly in English lol

Alright, i'll use it.

Edit: That made me notice the french translations are mostly english as well, will have to fix that.

Aureon wrote:
The improvement Non-Baryonic shell is stronger than a terraform chain on every single planet on the system, and it's much cheaper currently.

I guess i will increase the cost of that upgrade instead, less work smiley: stickouttongue.

Edit: Well, that upgrade just makes everything better, that doesn't replace terraforming per see. Besides, have you looked at the new output of planet in 1.23?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 12:59:30 PM
Loving the new work that you have done. It's keeping the game fresh and fun - thank you once again.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 1:05:44 PM
handers wrote:
Loving the new work that you have done. It's keeping the game fresh and fun - thank you once again.

Thanks smiley: approval.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 13, 2013, 2:18:52 PM
Memnon wrote:
in new version 1.23 are pirates without weapons smiley: frown

Damn, i was sure i had fixed that... No idea why it happen, will have to figure this out.

Edit: Will try to post a fix as soon as i make this works.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment