Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 6:02:42 PM
DMW78 wrote:
I'm having issues with colonizing asteroids and gas giants.

Did you merge my mod with another? I didn't run into that problem in my test version so far so i suspect it's cause by conflict with files from another mod. If not, i have no clue right now what could be causing this.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 6:55:03 PM
hello foraven,

it seems you made a good work here and i will take a try on your mod

regards
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 7:08:11 PM
Foraven wrote:
Did you merge my mod with another? I didn't run into that problem in my test version so far so i suspect it's cause by conflict with files from another mod. If not, i have no clue right now what could be causing this.

No. I only have your mod installed. I was able to colonize asteroids and gas giants by using colonizer-ships.

Does this happen because low resolution(1280x800)? I'm playing this game with laptop.

Support modules are overlapping. This happens also with weapon- and defense-modules.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 16, 2013, 9:26:23 PM
Does Radar Link seem bugged to anyone when you block with it? I'm noticing quite a few less hits when I block than if the card is just played normally. I checked the card descriptor .xml and it seemed setup properly, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Actually now that I think about it when I block it's usually vs Sabotage, so maybe Sabotage is still being played? Dunno, you can disregard this unless someone else has been noticing the same thing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 12:13:41 AM
DMW78 wrote:
No. I only have your mod installed. I was able to colonize asteroids and gas giants by using colonizer-ships.

Alright.

Does this happen because low resolution(1280x800)? I'm playing this game with laptop.

Support modules are overlapping. This happens also with weapon- and defense-modules.

Thanks for reporting that. I had not fully tested my mod to the end game so i wan't aware of the overlapping problem. The game wasn't intended to have so many modules in a row. I will try to fix that by creating a new row for the Elite modules.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 12:43:08 AM
Things don't look good for the overlapping problem; there is just too many modules and i haven't found found a way to split them so they don't end up all on the same line. I will probably have to disable the Elite modules until a workaround is found.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 2:49:27 AM
Still working on it. I decided i would just remove a few low tier Elite weapons, defense and armor so by the end game they won't overlap, the rest will remain in. I'm working on revamping the AI's ship designs right now so the AI keep meaningful designs around and don't "upgrade" them to other designs at random. Will reduce the variety a bit but will ensure fleet composition makes more sense; no more fleet of scouts or invading fleets made of support ships.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 2:38:06 PM
New version up (1.26). Fixes a lot of issues and does a bit of re-balance, as well as improving the AI's designs and fleet composition. Enjoy!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 4:51:21 PM
Is there a reason Medium and Large size Arctic holds fewer Population than the Desert equivalent? The others tiers have the same Pop, and their FIDS output is the same.

You might also want to take a look at A-Entropic Flak Defense (lower interception accuracy than predecesor with no upside that I can see) and Gravitic Energy Power Module (should be -25% HP on ship not on Fleet I believe)

Apologies if these was fixed in 1.26.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 5:15:32 PM
Is it possible I can increase the research time/cost of the various researches? I noticed that at the beginning of the game every research is at about 30% cheaper to get compared to the vanilla (also compared to the earlier versions of your mod)

I'm playing on slow, all I need is a way to make that modification myself

thanks for all your work smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 5:59:02 PM
every single tech? You're gonna need a batch editor. Either a XSLT or a programming language, i fear.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 6:16:29 PM
hypersot wrote:
Is it possible I can increase the research time/cost of the various researches? I noticed that at the beginning of the game every research is at about 30% cheaper to get compared to the vanilla (also compared to the earlier versions of your mod)

I'm playing on slow, all I need is a way to make that modification myself

thanks for all your work smiley: smile

What I've been doing is upping the research cost multiplier for Slow in GameSpeedDescriptor.xml

I started out editing individual techs (which still isn't too bad with Notepad++ Find & Replace) but keeping up with Foraven's rapid updates made that impractical. With the Slow gamespeed multiplier it's just 1 number each time.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 7:00:28 PM
Kolaris wrote:
Is there a reason Medium and Large size Arctic holds fewer Population than the Desert equivalent? The others tiers have the same Pop, and their FIDS output is the same.

Hum... I checked my files and everything seem as it should. Don't forget some anomalies and race traits can affect how much population a planet support.

You might also want to take a look at A-Entropic Flak Defense (lower interception accuracy than predecesor with no upside that I can see) and Gravitic Energy Power Module (should be -25% HP on ship not on Fleet I believe)

Will take a look, though i redid the flak defenses in 1.26 so the interception discrepency should be gone now. As for the Energy module, i will take a look.

Hypershot: I will check if i can include a modifier for technology cost so you won't have to redo it every time i update my mod smiley: stickouttongue.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 9:30:13 PM
Is it a known issue that all of the game music is gone when the mod is enabled?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 17, 2013, 9:48:13 PM
Known issue, just copy the "Music" folder from ES\public to FairFight folder.

Foraven, you know how to make an installer? Ideally, you should make one which fetches the installpath from the registry (In the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\Uninstall\Steam App 208140\InstallLocation for steam versions), and then creates a symlink from InstallPath+"\public\music" to \%documents%\EndlessSpace\Modding\FairFight%currentversion%\public\music.

If you aren't used to do that, i guess i'll do it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 1:13:53 AM
Aureon wrote:
Foraven, you know how to make an installer? Ideally, you should make one which fetches the installpath from the registry (In the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Microsoft\Windows\Uninstall\Steam App 208140\InstallLocation for steam versions), and then creates a symlink from InstallPath+"\public\music" to \%documents%\EndlessSpace\Modding\FairFight%currentversion%\public\music.

If you aren't used to do that, i guess i'll do it.

Never tried to make an installer, so if you can do it (or show me how), go ahead smiley: approval.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 1:27:51 PM
Well, for next version i'm considering lowering my Pilgrim's evacuation fleet cost to 600. After some testing i realized 1000 was a bit too high and made it a lot less useful. Besides that i haven't found anything else in need to be changed. I'm waiting for some feedback before releasing another version.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 4:00:00 PM
I didn't realize, wether there is a solution on the terraforming cost "issue" or not, but who about adding some negative anomalies to the planets, when they get terraformed. So you could decrease the costs for terraforming but it wouldn't be used in such an excessive way, cuz it would also need some time to eliminate the negative influences. If the elimination of the anomalies is too cheap and therefor too fast, increase the costs a bit. So you have the chance to terraform a planet, but you have to put some effort in it, make it worth living there ^^.

EDIT: Another thing could be the introduction of a new anomaly, for the same purpose. Call it "planetary stress", "planetary reformation" or what ever. It should introduce some negative traits to the planet it belongs to.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 4:16:36 PM
nToxic wrote:
I didn't realize, wether there is a solution on the terraforming cost "issue" or not, but who about adding some negative anomalies to the planets, when they get terraformed. So you could decrease the costs for terraforming but it wouldn't be used in such an excessive way, cuz it would also need some time to eliminate the negative influences. If the elimination of the anomalies is too cheap and therefor too fast, increase the costs a bit. So you have the chance to terraform a planet, but you have to put some effort in it, make it worth living there ^^.

That would be a nice way to handle it, but i'm not sure i can mod that from the xml. Will have to check it out.

EDIT: Another thing could be the introduction of a new anomaly, for the same purpose. Call it "planetary stress", "planetary reformation" or what ever. It should introduce some negative traits to the planet it belongs to.

I think it should also remove some anomalies depending on type... Some anomalies for example makes no sense on certain planets, like a swamp on a barren world or ice on a laval world. Not sure if i can mod that though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 5:06:32 PM
Foraven wrote:
That would be a nice way to handle it, but i'm not sure i can mod that from the xml. Will have to check it out.

I have found a way, to make it possible. It is quiet simple. You have to use the anomaly's name it the descriptor.

This example blows up a planet and adds an anomaly to the resulting asteroids field. In this case, "Meteor Strikes" is the corresponding anomaly. I've tested it, it works.

[CODE]

PlanetTypeAsteroids;PlanetAnomaly39

!($(PlanetTypeAsteroids) or $(PlanetTypeGasMethane) or $(PlanetTypeGasHydrogen) or $(PlanetTypeGasHelium))

%Title1

%Description1

[/CODE]

So feel free to add and use new anomalies within your terraformation modifications smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment