Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 5:28:37 PM
nToxic wrote:
I have found a way, to make it possible. It is quiet simple. You have to use the anomaly's name it the descriptor.

This example blows up a planet and adds an anomaly to the resulting asteroids field. In this case, "Meteor Strikes" is the corresponding anomaly. I've tested it, it works.

So feel free to add and use new anomalies within your terraformation modifications smiley: biggrin

Nice find, i will check that out and see what i can do with this smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 5:38:11 PM
About Ocean Worlds...I might be missing something but -2 FIDS compared to Terran/Jungle and the same Population.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 7:07:09 PM
Kolaris wrote:
About Ocean Worlds...I might be missing something but -2 FIDS compared to Terran/Jungle and the same Population.

You are right, will fix that for next version.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 1:48:12 AM
Kolaris wrote:
Compact Refrigeration adds +0.2 Food, maybe should be % or + per Pop?

Ouch, that is a bad mistake. I meant it to be +20 system wide. Grrr, so easy to mess up.

Btw, any comment about the revamped AI's fleets? Do they work well or it's still messed up?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 4:05:11 AM
New version 1.27 up. Only minor fixes this time, should be safe to continue games started in 1.26. Have fun!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 4:42:43 AM
Not sure about Mediafire. I had 2 virus attacks just downloading their installation software...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 6:01:58 AM
tirane wrote:
Not sure about Mediafire. I had 2 virus attacks just downloading their installation software...

What installation software? You don't have to download any software from them to get the mod or to host files...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 19, 2013, 6:47:27 PM
You were probably duped into downloading something through their false ads, which are like 'you msut install this to download this'

Ignore them. The first download button you see usually isn't the right one :P
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 20, 2013, 10:05:17 AM
[Possiblebug]

I got an exploration event whereby an Elite Defender ship is received - the ship has no weapons. I wondered if this relates to the earlier points re-pirates appearing without weapons.

(Steam game v1.066 with 1.27 Fair Fight)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 20, 2013, 1:55:06 PM
Greyborea wrote:
[Possiblebug]

I got an exploration event whereby an Elite Defender ship is received - the ship has no weapons. I wondered if this relates to the earlier points re-pirates appearing without weapons.

I found that bug also smiley: frown

Also AI is not upgrading ship designs; only producing basic default ships... fighting cravers fleet of 19 patrollers with basic tech equipment is not fun smiley: frown
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 20, 2013, 2:48:43 PM
Greyborea wrote:
[Possiblebug]

However the appearing pirates seem to be well armed smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 20, 2013, 4:39:40 PM
Memnon wrote:
Also AI is not upgrading ship designs; only producing basic default ships... fighting cravers fleet of 19 patrollers with basic tech equipment is not fun smiley: frown

I'm noticing something like this as well.

They really love spamming low tier ships and leaving them on one side of a wormhole. This specific situation has occurred with 4 different races in my last 2 games.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 21, 2013, 1:28:05 PM
Sorry guys for not replying earlier, my internet has been down since Friday, just came back on today. Anyway, here version 1.28, it should fix the issues with AI not updating ships (it did in my tests). There was a few mistakes in the ship templates and i only found out when i did sit down to actually play my own mod :l. So here it is and hopefully i cleared all game breaking bugs. Enjoy!

P.S.: I'm moving to a new appartment right now so i'm not sure if i will be able to use the net again today.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 21, 2013, 9:59:08 PM
Apologies if you fixed this in 1.27 or 1.28

Found the issue with multiple size Arctic Transformations being available

line is this

$(PlanetTypeTundra) or $(PlanetTypeBarren) and $(PlanetStatusColonized) and $(PlanetSizeTiny)

should be this

($(PlanetTypeTundra) or $(PlanetTypeBarren)) and $(PlanetStatusColonized) and $(PlanetSizeTiny)

Just a small issue with the parenthesis. I didn't notice the first few times I looked at this section.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 3:00:25 PM
Hister wrote:
I have discovered a bug - best way to show it is via a screenshot. smiley: wink

I'll check that out.

Kolaris wrote:
Apologies if you fixed this in 1.27 or 1.28

Found the issue with multiple size Arctic Transformations being available

line is this

$(PlanetTypeTundra) or $(PlanetTypeBarren) and $(PlanetStatusColonized) and $(PlanetSizeTiny)

should be this

($(PlanetTypeTundra) or $(PlanetTypeBarren)) and $(PlanetStatusColonized) and $(PlanetSizeTiny)

Just a small issue with the parenthesis. I didn't notice the first few times I looked at this section.

That might explain it, i will fix that.

Nothing else?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment