Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[WIP] "Fair Fight" combat re-balance mod.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 7:52:38 PM
I wasn't paying extra attention but I think I spotted some of the normal and special modules of the same type (level) have the same stats which is not WAD but then again maybe I haven't looked long enough to spot a difference there. smiley: wink Might be worth checking out.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 8:21:53 PM
Hister wrote:
I wasn't paying extra attention but I think I spotted some of the normal and special modules of the same type (level) have the same stats which is not WAD but then again maybe I haven't looked long enough to spot a difference there. smiley: wink Might be worth checking out.

Oh, those are the Elite module. They have the same description, but they requires ressources, are more expensive but provide a bit more than the standard ones. Their icons have a yellow square rather than a red one to spot them with ease.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 8:44:00 PM
Version 1.29 up. Fixed the 2 reported bugs, nothing else changed this time. Should be safe to continue games started in 1.28. Enjoy.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 10:42:28 PM
Foraven wrote:
Oh, those are the Elite module. They have the same description, but they requires ressources, are more expensive but provide a bit more than the standard ones. Their icons have a yellow square rather than a red one to spot them with ease.
Oh I know what they are - the only problem is that if I remember correctly reported stats were the same for each the normal and elite module. Elite should be more powerful but numbers seemed the same. This happened only in 2 or 3 early-on modules. As for the icon color you might want to make it more distinguishable - as is does not provide much of a contrast. At elast for my eyes that is.

Excellent mod if I may say so. Just crazy how much balancing needed to be done from vanilla game. Now if devs would incorporate it in hteir patch that would be swell.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 22, 2013, 11:11:07 PM
Why is it that some of the Elite support modules can go on ships that don't accept the regular version? And visa versa the ships that can take the regular version won't accept the Elite? Looking mostly at Repair modules here.

Also, anyone know why Optics Research Center doesn't apply to Gas Helium planets?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 23, 2013, 12:21:21 AM
Kolaris wrote:
Why is it that some of the Elite support modules can go on ships that don't accept the regular version? And visa versa the ships that can take the regular version won't accept the Elite? Looking mostly at Repair modules here.

Also, anyone know why Optics Research Center doesn't apply to Gas Helium planets?

Hum... There must be a few errors here and there in the requirements. I will check that out.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 12:44:15 AM
Not able to colonize Gas Giants. I have learned Atmospheric Filtration. But the in system colonization shows it as a missing technology.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 1:26:29 AM
Alright guys, i'm checking out the reported bugs and will post an update as soon as i have located all of them. Should be done tonight.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 1:31:53 AM
Kolaris wrote:

Checked that out and the only difference between standard and elite modules is Pirates are forbidden from using them (ie pirate affinity).

Kolaris wrote:

That's because it's this way in the stock game and i haven't bothered to change that. Seem to me they intended that upgrade for planets that aren't already good for research.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 5:03:57 PM
Foraven wrote:
Checked that out and the only difference between standard and elite modules is Pirates are forbidden from using them (ie pirate affinity).

Hmm. Went back and looked, this is what I noticed:

Starting class ship and Destroyer class can equip Elite Adaptive Glue, but not regular. Cruiser, Battleship, and Dreadnought can equip normal Adaptive Glue, but not Elite. I think I remember the same thing being true for the Repair Tool one tier past that, but I didn't have it unlocked in the save game I checked.

Starting class and Destroyer can't equip Elite Power Modules, while Cruiser and higher can't equip normal Power modules. But that one might be intended.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 24, 2013, 5:42:10 PM
So, this type of declaration

[code] !$(../ClassEmpire,AffinityPirates) [/code] works in any object?

Interesting.

(Please, please balance out the multiple resource thing. 3 resources means a cost of 34.3% (0.7*0.7*0.7). One resource per weapon, or it gets out of control.

Also, for example kin 6:

'normal': 28 ind

'elite': 210 ind, which (with 3 monopolies!) gets to 72, which is still 3x. Didn't we settle on about x2.5 costs? three monopolies + 3x costs is kind of harsh.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 12:32:43 AM
Kolaris wrote:
Hmm. Went back and looked, this is what I noticed:

Starting class ship and Destroyer class can equip Elite Adaptive Glue, but not regular. Cruiser, Battleship, and Dreadnought can equip normal Adaptive Glue, but not Elite. I think I remember the same thing being true for the Repair Tool one tier past that, but I didn't have it unlocked in the save game I checked.

Starting class and Destroyer can't equip Elite Power Modules, while Cruiser and higher can't equip normal Power modules. But that one might be intended.

Well, i didn't intend to be any difference between Normal and Elite module besides preventing the pirates to mount any of them, and from the code i used it's supposed to be that way. The effect you are experiencing seem like a corrupt savegame or you are using some other mod along mine. At least i can't find a mistake in the module code... I didn't have the time to test it out though, i really should play a game and see myself.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 12:35:14 AM
Aureon wrote:
So, this type of declaration

[code] !$(../ClassEmpire,AffinityPirates) [/code] works in any object?

Interesting.

There are a lot of things we can put there. Any affinity can be used to enable or disable stuff. In this case it's "not pirate", but anything else would work.

(Please, please balance out the multiple resource thing. 3 resources means a cost of 34.3% (0.7*0.7*0.7). One resource per weapon, or it gets out of control.

Also, for example kin 6:

'normal': 28 ind

'elite': 210 ind, which (with 3 monopolies!) gets to 72, which is still 3x. Didn't we settle on about x2.5 costs? three monopolies + 3x costs is kind of harsh.

I really need to figure out if i can change how monopolies works (didn't find it last time i checked). I want my elite module to require ressources to use, but i don't want them to be ultra cheap... I have to figure a way to make that work, i don't want to have to remove requirements smiley: frown.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 3:18:19 AM
Anyone has anything to say about my AI? Is it more challeging than the stock one? Is it still easy to beat? I want to know if all the work i did on it actually works as intended.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 4:00:39 PM
Foraven wrote:
There are a lot of things we can put there. Any affinity can be used to enable or disable stuff. In this case it's "not pirate", but anything else would work.

I really need to figure out if i can change how monopolies works (didn't find it last time i checked). I want my elite module to require ressources to use, but i don't want them to be ultra cheap... I have to figure a way to make that work, i don't want to have to remove requirements smiley: frown.

Uh. I'm currently trying to have different base planet yields based on Affinity, but i haven't found a better way than tying it into the colony base. (Which isn't visible where i want it =\)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 5:30:27 PM
Still early in the stages of a 1.30 party: the AI seems able to come up with fleets of varied sizes mixed as well as multi-weapons mounted. So far so good for me.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 25, 2013, 5:34:35 PM
Multi-weapons as in multiple types on the same ship or multiple ships with different types?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment