Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hectic Combat

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 27, 2014, 4:22:14 AM
So yes, you would copy the files over, but you also need to modify the index file so that all the "repository" references are also copy over.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 27, 2014, 9:49:16 AM
So I have to just copy all the "Repository Target" lines from the database section of the index.XML of AFTM to the same section in the index.XML of Hectic Combat?

What about the EmpireTraitDescriptor.XML and FactionTrait.XML ?

Both AFTM and HC have one. Same with Technology.XML of AFTM and TechnologyWarfare.XML of HC.

Any changes needed there?

Many thanks.

PS: I think I found a small bug in the TechTree. The tech right after "Gravitronics" with that barbell symbol seems not to be displayed properly. It says "Warp interdicter placeholder text."
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 6, 2014, 5:02:36 PM
Is it that easy to merge it into AFTM? I'm making a special compilation of mods that's going to be kept private from my friends, because I don't know the policy of mod merges between authors (Namely you, your mods are good, and easy to merge into others). Would it be a plan of yours to make different mods that modify different aspects and then merge them into a super mod?
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 7, 2014, 12:03:08 AM
Antera already replied saying they intended to combine their Trait and Combat mods, just later. As for merging, I can't comment on others, but Antera said they were fine with it (Just don't steal credit for their work).
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 23, 2016, 6:20:00 AM
FullyAutomaticWafflePress wrote:

Color me stupid, but how do I download your mod? I can't find the link. Am I just blind?

Sorry for the late reply, but the forum move killed lots (LOTS) of links on the ES modding boards. I'm in the proccess of contacting forum admins to see about any possible solutions.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 19, 2016, 8:07:39 PM

Any updates on getting the links restored? Estimates on if/when they might be back?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 21, 2016, 6:30:33 PM

sorry, I forgot about my post here

Frogsquadron said that, according to DarkHerumor, the threads' authors will need to update them to put the links back in.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 24, 2017, 4:17:58 PM

This is going to be a bit of a stupid question, my apologies in advance but wheres the download link to this mod? Like as in how do i download and play this mod?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 9:18:58 AM
Miniboobs wrote:

This is going to be a bit of a stupid question, my apologies in advance but wheres the download link to this mod? Like as in how do i download and play this mod?

As what bigbantha said from the previous page, "Sorry for the late reply, but the forum move killed lots (LOTS) of links on the ES modding boards. I'm in the proccess of contacting forum admins to see about any possible solutions."

So the author has yet to put the link back again

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 28, 2017, 1:28:11 PM
vegimata wrote:
Miniboobs wrote:

As what bigbantha said from the previous page, "Sorry for the late reply, but the forum move killed lots (LOTS) of links on the ES modding boards. I'm in the proccess of contacting forum admins to see about any possible solutions."

So the author has yet to put the link back again

Ok thank you for the reply. So shall i just keep checking back here if I still wish to download this?

0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 24, 2013, 11:01:31 AM
I'd suggest getting the formulas and damage mechanics balanced and worrying about names and fluff later. Part of the problem with the Disharmony mechanics is that the devs added things that sounded like good ideas (EvasionDisorientation, HullWeakness, Bombers, Fighters, Short Range Kinetics versus all other weapons, etc), but the math demonstrates that it just didn't work very well. It is much easier to start with a balanced system than it is to piecemeal mechanics together.

Your proposed evasion maneuvers card is another good example of how you can get into trouble with things that seem like good ideas. Short Ranged ships would either always use the card or never use the card. If the card "works" then the long range damage potential of a long range weapon will be reduced. However, if it is reduced too much, then it doesn't make sense to ever use long range weapons, but instead to use medium or short range weapons. Alternatively, if it reduces the damage too little, then it doesn't make sense to ever use the card.

One thing that helps is to plan out the scenarios of what you think should happen and confirm that it does happen with your mechanics.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 13, 2013, 3:10:51 AM
Changelog:

[HCv1.1.3.0]

*Fixed techtree and hull compatibility with the Vaulter faction

*Revamped the starting set of battelcards, which now contains Retreat, Energize Weapons, Energize Defenses, Standard Tactics, Evasive Maneuver, and Steady Advance

[HCv1.1.2.0]

*Fixed compatibility issue with the Auriga wonder from the Auriga add-on

[HCv1.1.1.0]

*Implemented a new cost formula that brings the initial cost of warships closer to the stock game; this way people will get less of a sticker shock when switching to HC

*Implemented indvidual weapon module icon for all 9 weapons

*Heavy missile damage reduced 33%; RF missile damage reduced 20%

*Fighter/bomber/PD re-balanced

*Both fighter and bomber attacks 4 times per phase and takes 1/2 phase to cross the battlesfield

*PD expanded to 4 levels, corresponding technologies added

*Fixed bug where retreating fleets retreat too quickly and no damage can be done to them

[HCv1.1.0.0]

*Hectic Combat mod created, it will take over all the features of the Carrier Mod
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 13, 2013, 12:50:18 PM
heya

I've been playing this mod only for an hour. So i can only say something about the visuals, not the balance:

the idea of a hectic combat by increasing the rate of fire is a good thing, but the fast flightspeed of the ammo in this mod destroys a lot of the epicness of the manual fights (for me)

sry for bad english^^

Talvas
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 14, 2013, 3:10:54 AM
Are you talking about the laser? Or in general?

For the laser, I tried to make them fast to mimic real lasers. I would prefer making them into continuous beams instead but there's no way for me to edit the prefab atm. I can slow down the laser speed if more people thinks that's better.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 14, 2013, 2:52:02 PM
Antera wrote:
Are you talking about the laser? Or in general?

For the laser, I tried to make them fast to mimic real lasers. I would prefer making them into continuous beams instead but there's no way for me to edit the prefab atm. I can slow down the laser speed if more people thinks that's better.

and make it so ships on both sides actually take damage or tell me how to do it myself lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 15, 2013, 2:36:45 AM
What was the ship load out and combat card played on both side when it happened?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Oct 15, 2013, 3:59:51 AM
doesn't matter what I do or what card is played there is no damage on either side ever...I had 1 scout that 5 enemy ships couldn't scratch lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment