Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 11:43:43 AM
seems like 8GB is not enough memory lolz.

maybe i can find something to delete.

Or i put some GC calls in there.

I can see that it is basicly the last part of the Generation ie. wormholes or writing to file.

But i can´t realy test it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 12:58:01 PM
well, most of the memory use is because i haven't restarted my laptop in a week and it probaly has been building up stuff in there(not to speak about the 1.3GB chrome use) xD

I made some stuff dissapear and now its down to 3.82GB use, with endless space running for 1.5GB, so that is finesmiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 2:38:44 PM
the problem with a 5000 starSystem Galaxy is the warps.

And i don´t mean the memory usage as the generator only uses around 20MB.

Its the way warps are generated.

The normal settings generate an avg of 3 warps per system.

To archiv that it will first generate 6*5000 warps and then slowly remove not needed ones.

They use about 36% of memory. But the problem is the count.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 3:47:08 PM
hence what i said in a previous post in this page. If one to really speed up the generation, the only way is to rewrite from scratch the generation part (and it will lead for different galaxies generated between vanilla and reworked generator, for the same seed, inevitably).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 4:38:58 PM
Ravine wrote:
it will lead for different galaxies generated between vanilla and reworked generator, for the same seed, inevitably).
I don't see this as a problem. If seed X in release Y gives a different result than seed X in release Z, I doubt people will complain much. The main point is for several players all using release Y to put in the same key X, and get the same result. So cross-platform compatibility is important, but backwards compatibility is not.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 10:35:15 PM
FIX THAT LAAAAAAAAAAAG PLEASE

4250 starsystems.

Generation time: 4min.

Filesize: 4,5MB

File load time: 5min.

Memory usage after loading: 1.6GB

FPS: realy bad. Yes thats ingame footage.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 30, 2012, 11:05:18 PM
Is a map with 4000+ systems really useful to play on? What does that bring you which 1000 does not, or even 500?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 12:26:59 AM
well, im playing on a 1k star map atm, and if you want to play on such huge maps, you should also disable overpopulation and expansion dissaproval, because playing with them active is really...stupid, i guess, since you can't take over 200 stars without being a 0 happiness smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 3:22:15 AM
The larger a galaxy is, the more private development each empire gets. In a gaint galaxy, when the factions meet it's going to be all out war everywhere all at once.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 5:41:59 AM
1. You can find optimisations better with a larger Galaxy.

2. You also see how fast it is.

3. I want to play with 64+ enemys.

Right now i can generate a 10000+ Galaxy in less than 10min.

Wan´t it to be less so that old computers are also fast to get a game started.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 7:37:46 AM
but with 64 enemies, wouldn't loading a new turn be VERY slow? since it would need to do 64 ai turns as well when loading the new turn...Unless there is some way to make that load faster as well, I'd imagine it might take 5 mins just to load a new turn until you take out alot of your enemies?

Edit: This is just a fear of mine smiley: wink Nothing certain since I never tried it...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 8:48:54 AM
Don´t forget the ship movements that they do in your turn.

And you need 64 Different looking colors.

unfortunately you can´t get past 8 Empires.

Changing the settings will result in an Exception.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 4:39:49 PM
Tried to load this mod but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I extracted to the folder specified but when I go to load the mod, ES goes from full screen to windowed and then promptly disappears. No error message popups etc...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 6:29:47 PM
Would it be possible to get the updated source code for v0.0.2. I want try messing around with wormhole generation, but don't know enough to fix original code. Unless its just deleting any line that references system.drawing?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Aug 31, 2012, 7:47:56 PM
you need to put the folder Drawing from the original source into my source and change all references from System.Drawing to Amplitude.GalaxyGenerator.Drawing

for the problem of not loading.

Have you changed anything in the xml files?

Please Look at /EndlessSpace_data/output_log.txt and search for the string "Modding"

maybee the error is listed there.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 1:33:24 PM
Version 0.1.0 out now.

There is a bug in ES.

When you don´t change the config it will not be saved to disk.

The old version didn´t have a default config file in it. now i have included one so it should work now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 1, 2012, 5:32:19 PM
Dagobert wrote:
Version 0.1.0 out now.

There is a bug in ES.

When you don´t change the config it will not be saved to disk.

The old version didn´t have a default config file in it. now i have included one so it should work now.

----------------------

Thanks alot for the update.........we will see when i find time to try it......
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment