Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 6, 2014, 12:04:35 PM
I than asking an dumd question what is than basemod. I play Fallout 3,Oblivation and Morrowind with mods this is the first time I hear the term basemod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 7, 2014, 8:21:11 PM
I'm finding this mod unplayable past 500 systems (even 250+ is pushing it) due to the messed up zooming. Either you are zoomed so far in that you are hugging one system and cant see anything surrounding it, or you zoom so far out that all the system nameplates overlap and you cant see whats going on inbetween. There is no comfortable midground.

I tried enabling that option about showing a galaxy UI scale or something? Hoping it would give me more zoom options, but didn't actually do anything at all. Is there anyway I can fix this zooming issue and actually play at a decent galaxy size?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 2:07:14 PM
@Vakna: I have the same problem but if I was correct on reading up on through the thread then the moment when the zoom makes the huge switch in distance it actually switches between a fixed distance view and a relative distance view that is hard-coded in the game and can't be removed unless you clutter the galaxy closer together and adjust all the speeds and such which would make this one hell of a mod to merge with others because of all the parameters involved in it that would also need to be adjusted in the other mods.

So the short answer is no.

The long and annoying to keep compatible with other mods answer is yes, but there will always be some trouble with the nameplates because of the hard-coded zoom function
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 4, 2014, 3:07:47 PM
I have dropped the the required files into the mod folder in my documents but it never appears as selectable in the mod section in the game menu. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong based on that?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 14, 2014, 10:22:12 PM
gorillacakes wrote:
I have dropped the the required files into the mod folder in my documents but it never appears as selectable in the mod section in the game menu. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong based on that?

Same problem here. I haven't figured out how to fix yet, but when I do, I'll post here.

SOLVED: The games creates a Mods folder, but when it looks for mods in harmony, it's looking for Modding. So, with Win7, it should go in c:\Users\\Documents\Endless Space\Harmony\Modding.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 15, 2014, 3:35:16 PM
Raszagal wrote:
@Vakna: I have the same problem but if I was correct on reading up on through the thread then the moment when the zoom makes the huge switch in distance it actually switches between a fixed distance view and a relative distance view that is hard-coded in the game and can't be removed unless you clutter the galaxy closer together and adjust all the speeds and such which would make this one hell of a mod to merge with others because of all the parameters involved in it that would also need to be adjusted in the other mods.

So the short answer is no.

The long and annoying to keep compatible with other mods answer is yes, but there will always be some trouble with the nameplates because of the hard-coded zoom function

So basically the vast majority of this mod is literally useless if you actually want to play a serious game of ES? Pretty much can't go above 250ish systems and still perform well in higher game difficulties due to the visual obstructions, and to traverse the camera through a large galaxy at a low zoom where you can actually see stuff will make turns take like 20 mins+ each.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 15, 2014, 11:22:15 AM
I tried to use the generator but got an NullReference exception. Game Versio is 1.1.42 and mod version is 0.5

I tried everything. Changing every file with an original but I always the this exception.

Does someone know a solution ?

output_log.zip
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 15, 2014, 4:10:14 PM
Well, to my knowledge, the mod hasn't been updated since January of last year.

What do you want to change about your galaxy generation? I could just give you a couple quick steps on how to edit the files.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 15, 2014, 4:58:41 PM
I already tried to use the original galaxy generator and editing the amount of stars in the xml file. I think I used something like 300 stars. Problem was that even after 15 minutes or so the loading screen wasn't finished. Playing in a way bigger galaxy would be a cool new experience I think.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 16, 2014, 12:10:00 AM
The highest number of stars I have been able to get to run is about 160 (plus the high density option, which gives +33%). If I set the number to 180-200, the game wouldn't load after three hours. Now, if you want a pre-made mod that will already do that for you, you can download my Anomaly Overhaul mod--the huge setting is already set like that.

For around 160 stars, it takes about 10-20 minutes to load a galaxy. I usually start the game to making a map and then go cruise youtube until I hear the game music begin. If you set the options for high wormholes/warp lanes, your loading times will increase dramatically because each lane/wormhole has to be tested against ALL of the others for consistency during galaxy generation.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 4:39:06 AM
Is it possible to hook up Dagobert's mod to yours Tiaximus. I like the massive galaxies of Dagoberts a lot. But i also like all of your anomalies
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 6:25:48 AM
For combining a mod with this mod try the Modding section in the first post.

@NonameFTW: it should work. Maybe AGalaxyofEndlessDiversity has something to do with it?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 30, 2015, 4:32:21 AM
hello all.

where i can download this mod? the link on first page doesn't exist
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment