[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Sep 2, 2012, 1:01:25 PM
Version 0.2.0 is out.

Bugfixes:

-now works with less than 4 arms.

Freatures:

-new config which will randomise the amount of starsystems a constellation will have.

-also the possibility to check against other constellations while generating wormholes.

Source is now under the MPL2. But i didn´t changed it in the source files.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 2, 2012, 5:26:48 PM
It sounds awesome as always, and it saying the amount of stars per constellation is fine, but please, make it also tell me how many stars there are in total >.< Thanks tho! smiley: biggrin

And i've come across a problem:

http://i.imgur.com/g2x0B.jpg

I couldn't press continue playing and had to end task...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 2, 2012, 6:14:38 PM
The forum makes screenshots mostly illegible. Please post the screenshot somewhere else, perhaps steamcommunity, and post a link. Or, please find the related lines in text file (steam dir)\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_data\output_log.txt and paste them into a post.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 2, 2012, 6:32:56 PM
Please confirm you are using the version which goes with 1.0.18 and that your game is updated to 1.0.18. The galaxy generator is very fussy about mixed versions.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 2, 2012, 6:37:42 PM
and as davea posted.

please look at (steam dir)\Endless Space\EndlessSpace_data\output_log.txt search for modding and paste the error in a post or PM.

And i need all lines of the error. not just the last one.

as for the amount of starsystems.

i can only give an estimation since constellation (arm) number and the the galaxy shape changes this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 7:46:21 AM
Awesome mod, thank you! However, if I try to create a spiral galaxy I run in the same error as Lolwut, other kind of galaxy are ok. Here is what you asked (I think)

[CODE]

[ApplicationState_CreateGame] GameManager_CreateGameCompleted: game creation has raised an exception.

System.Exception: assertion failed: [ApplicationState_CreateGame] GameManager_CreateGameCompleted: galaxy generator returned invalid number of home systems (0 instead of 4).

at Diagnostics.TAssert (System.String message) [0x00000] in :0

at Diagnostics.TAssert (Boolean condition, System.String message) [0x00000] in :0

at ApplicationState_CreateGame.GameManager_CreateGameCompleted (System.Object sender, .CreateGameCompletedEventArgs e) [0x00000] in :0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d9c061b1c154f5ae/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

[Game] Disposing(True)...

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d9c061b1c154f5ae/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 43)

[Galaxy] Disposing(True)...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Galaxy.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in :0

at Galaxy.Dispose () [0x00000] in :0

at Game.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in :0

at Game.Dispose () [0x00000] in :0

at GameManager.ReleaseGame (.GameSaveDescriptor gameSaveDescriptor) [0x00000] in :0

at ApplicationState_CreateGame.Run () [0x00000] in :0

at FiniteStateMachine.Update () [0x00000] in :0

at Application.Update () [0x00000] in :0

[/CODE]

I will take a guess and say its an issue with the number of home system in spiral galaxy! :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 5, 2012, 11:55:40 AM
Patched to 0.2.1.

Just forgott to update to the newest dll.

So that problem should be fixed.

and yes but its not all.

I also need the file (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding\alternativeGalaxyGenerator\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator\GalaxyConfiguration.xml

This are all settings you choosed to generate the galaxy.

So you don´t need to write it down.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 6, 2012, 12:44:08 PM
Love it, thanks!

Game crashes on me though, after a while. I think it is a ram issue. I noticed about 10-20 turns before the crash that the game was using 1.9gb of ram.

I used LAA to make it use more then 2gb of ram. Hasnt crashed yet. Will test better later.

EDIT - Anyone have any idea how we can request from the devs a proper 64bit client? I got 24gb of ram I can use :-)

EDIT 2 - turn length doesnt really change. Someone games had larger turn lengths for more people.

Side note: Does anyone know if it is possible to add more then 8 players per game, and to remove the pirates completely and have them as an independant player nation?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 8, 2012, 12:05:32 PM
I have a what would seem a little picky problem when I load your mod I am either zoomed in to close on the map or slightly to far out, I think its something to do with my setup but not sure

Edit: This is only a problem for me on the 2 disk map
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 9, 2012, 6:59:37 PM
this mod only generates the map. how it is presented is up to the game.

Since it isn´t prepared to be played on such large maps there might be problems with it.

The reason why this only happens at the 2disk galaxy could be that it is 2 times as big with the same settings.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 10, 2012, 5:18:44 PM
GalaxySettings.xml in this mod has statements such as:

"NominalPlayers="16" StrategicResourceNumberPerType="12" LuxuryResourceTypes="8"/>" line but the list box never supports more than 8 empires regardless of what size map I select. I tried modifying EmpiresNumber from 8 to 12 in Galaxy.xml and GalaxyConfiguration.xml and updating the EmpiresNumber settings in GalaxySettings.xml to support the additional empires etc. and that modified the list box as expected, but whenever I selected a number larger than 8 it caused an index out of range exception.

How do you play with more than 8 empires?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 5:07:27 AM
it doesn´t work. The game is hardcoded to a maximum of 8 Players.

Or there is some hidden setting in another xml file.

Also you have to come up with 16 visual different colors. Or 32 for the biggest one.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 11, 2012, 1:37:21 PM
I can live with some empires using the same color. My experience is that once they are done scouting, most empires don't send ships very far from their territory unless they're attacking/blockading somebody, so there is less chance for confusion. If it becomes a problem I could use the save game editor to change the color of any empires I'm in frequent contact with.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 13, 2012, 7:56:05 PM
Dagobert wrote:
for me the mod works fine with 1.0.19 and is listed.

I think I see the issue. I may have been downloading the source code instead of the install file.

The links are the same name on the original post. And I thought they were the same file.

DOH!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 2:03:55 PM
I put the folder in \my documents\endless space\modding\ like the instructions said but my "mods" button is still greyed out in the main menu.

I have v1.0.19
0Send private message
12 years ago
Sep 22, 2012, 4:16:49 PM
prassel wrote:
I put the folder in \my documents\endless space\modding\ like the instructions said but my "mods" button is still greyed out in the main menu. I have v1.0.19

That is curious. Even without any directory "modding" the mods button should still be available. Are you sure that the version number, in the lower left hand corner of the "new game" screen, is 1.0.19? If not, please upgrade and retry. The mods button was permanently greyed out in previous versions.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment