Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 4:49:11 PM
Anyone having trouble downloading ANYTHING from this thread? Main mod link is broken and all of those nice attached Zips are denied access to me.

I'm sad. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 5:03:58 PM
@ Dagobert, the main download link in your OP seems broken. It is an offsite link (not an attachment) and it gives me a 404 error.

@ Temperhoof, to download attachments,

1. Log out and log in again.

2. If that does not work, try a different browser (IE vs firefox, etc)

3. If that does not work, try clearing your browser cookies

@ Dagobert, please put this text into your OP and everyplace you list an attachment.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 5:15:09 PM
Thanks Davea,

By the way, I resolved the Download Link issue with the OP. Upon inspecting the link, it would seem he deleted the original file where the link was going to. Just change the file name destination from: /alternativeGalaxyGenerator 200.4.0b.zip to: /alternativeGalaxyGenerator 0.4.1.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 6:44:50 PM
that was exactly the problem.

I first had it to alternativeGalaxyGenerator 0.4.0b.zip

then i tested the mod but it did not load because the versioning was not supported so i had to change it to 0.4.1.

On the first post there are 2 links to the mod.

And i forgot to change the quick link i added in 0.4.0b

I now also added directory listing. for all of you who want to download older versions.

http://es.racing4all.com/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 8:06:55 PM
Dagobert wrote:
that was exactly the problem.

I first had it to alternativeGalaxyGenerator 0.4.0b.zip

then i tested the mod but it did not load because the versioning was not supported so i had to change it to 0.4.1.

On the first post there are 2 links to the mod.

And i forgot to change the quick link i added in 0.4.0b

I now also added directory listing. for all of you who want to download older versions.

http://es.racing4all.com/

ye now it works fine smiley: smile

Tnx
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 7, 2013, 1:15:26 AM
it takes 11mins to generate "Disk with Core" "Super Massive" 8 Arms. i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz. And cause terrible lags when it's done. when i tried to save - Game just Crash ^_^ Due to PRocess Explorer game eated 2+ GB memory and 100% 1 of the cores before crash

Massive generated in 1 min 20 sec.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 7, 2013, 1:47:14 AM
Umm frankly the supermassive is just there for proof of concept IMO.

I have a beefy machine and find anything above gigantic to be unplayable once generated.

Still an awesome tool that solves the larger galaxy issue elegantly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 7, 2013, 2:46:24 PM
BorHblK wrote:
it takes 11mins to generate "Disk with Core" "Super Massive" 8 Arms. i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz. And cause terrible lags when it's done. when i tried to save - Game just Crash ^_^ Due to PRocess Explorer game eated 2+ GB memory and 100% 1 of the cores before crash

Crymson wrote:
I have a beefy machine and find anything above gigantic to be unplayable once generated.

This is because the game is not multi-threaded. Really a big shame to be honest, since it would be epic.

I really wish they could fix that, because some people even have lag with the original galaxy sizes.

Dagobert, I just realized I replaced the original names. I've attached the fix, which also includes 309 new constellation names. They are in plain text, just copypaste into the correct files.
es_names.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 7:57:18 PM
prassel wrote:
They are in plain text, just copypaste into the correct files.

you mean GalaxySettings.xml and Localization_Locales.xml ? =) why then names # starting not from 1 but from 82?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 7:56:10 PM
MacDante wrote:
I make polish translation to this MOD.

alternativeGalaxyGenerator_0.4.1_pl.rar

Nice!

Just have to replace all "%StarName#" lines with the updated ones I attached above, or you wont have the original names.

Is there a way to load names from a separate file?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 9:31:51 PM
How did I not find this earlier?

Anyway I'm glad to be able to get a larger galaxy, but with 4,096 or 8,192 stars the FPS is unplayable. Granted I'm running this on a 2-year-old triple-boot laptop, but it's got hardware that's still pretty impressive by today's standards. I'll play around with with other sizes and some of the graphics settings to see if I can find the optimal settings per size and let you know what I get.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 11:04:41 PM
BorHblK wrote:
you mean GalaxySettings.xml and Localization_Locales.xml ? =) why then names # starting not from 1 but from 82?

because the default names uses them.

Sargatanus wrote:
but with 4,096 or 8,192 stars the FPS is unplayable. Granted I'm running this on a 2-year-old triple-boot laptop, but it's got hardware that's still pretty impressive by today's standards.

like i already said on this page: the game is not multi-threaded.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 11:24:53 PM
I cant seem to get this or big galaxies to load as soon as i click the confirm button to load mod and it exits the game to reload it ...it just shuts down...what can I do? I cant even find a crash log
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 12:02:58 AM
So it turns out the graphics quality has no impact on FPS whatsoever, at least on my machine. 1,024 stars runs like a charm and loads almost immediately. 2,048 is fairly choppy and takes a couple of minutes, not sure if I could sit through it for a whole game.

Note: I'm running this in tandem with Imperium Aeterna and Endless Genetics.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 1:02:52 AM
Sargatanus wrote:
So it turns out the graphics quality has no impact on FPS whatsoever, at least on my machine. 1,024 stars runs like a charm and loads almost immediately. 2,048 is fairly choppy and takes a couple of minutes, not sure if I could sit through it for a whole game.

Note: I'm running this in tandem with Imperium Aeterna and Endless Genetics.

I've noticed that myself. I'm what I like to consider a middle-of-the-road PC (FX-4170, HD6770, 8Gb of ram), and yet cranking this lady up to max-spec doesn't seem to turn it in to a slideshow.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 4:41:33 PM
Is Possibilty Set/Add to script Option to set type of HOME SYSTEM ?

Now its totaly random, and one player get 3 planets with asteroid and barren, and else player take 6 planet and 3 oceanic inside!

better resolve is set for home system planets, planets from all tiers:

planet 1: from faction AFFINITY

planet 2: [TUNDRA/ARID],

planet 3: [ARCTIC/DESERT],

planet 4: [LAVA],

planet 5: [BARREN/ASTROID],

planet 6: [TERRAN/OCEAN/JUNGLE]
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 10:13:05 PM
Belisarrius add this to the shortcut for the game in steam +mod "alternativeGalaxyGenerator"

to reach the spot to put that in open steam, right click the game name in your library and choose properties, on the window that comes up click the button marked "set launch options"

This will cause it to load this mod every time you launch the game.

The issue with the game quitting out when trying to load a mod is an issue with the game not the mod it happens alot of the time the mod screen isn't particularly useful.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 13, 2013, 4:52:58 AM
I can't thank you enough (and any one who helped) for getting this mod working again! Without a working galaxy generator I had to go play MechWarrior Online for two weeks... ;P
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment