Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[RELEASED] alternativ Galaxy Generator

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 20, 2013, 5:30:48 AM
Just ran into an issue in a 500ish system game. I do not recall all of the settings, but I do know I selected many systems for creation. I found a single planet system, the problem with that is the game cannot load the planet as it seems to be looking to load the arrows, but it cannot find the instanceid or whatever it is. I used the map editor to add another planet and it works fine. I had tried removing the system and recreating it, but that didn't fix it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 21, 2013, 4:17:39 AM
Yeah, I thought the game did not handle single planet systems, but apparently it does on other computers. So forget this then. Sorry.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 26, 2013, 12:29:17 AM
This is an awesome mod, I've always felt the largest galaxy maps were too small. That being said, I'm getting choppy game-play on Enormous (1000+ star systems) and seems to really go out of control past turn 40. If what I understand from previous comments in this thread - this has more to do with Endless Space not supporting multi-threading than the mod, is that correct? Just making sure there's nothing I can do to try and fix this, barring buying a newer computer!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 27, 2013, 4:24:42 AM
Steam-JAM wrote:
this has more to do with Endless Space not supporting multi-threading than the mod, is that correct?
yes, it's because of the game engine (unity).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 24, 2013, 6:50:46 PM
hey i need help getting this working with my steam version

in my files i have no Modding folder so i created one on my own.

problem now is i dont see it ingame at the mods. hhow to load it in?

or was it wrong to create the Modding folder?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 9:36:13 AM
Is the Modding directory you created in \Users[yourusername]\Documents\Endless Space[/B]? I've seen some people mistakenly place it into \SteamApps\common\Endless Space[/B] despite the installation instructions.

Also, if you placed the mod there while the game was running, you'll have to restart it to see it in the mods menu.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 25, 2013, 4:15:19 PM
Saerain wrote:
Is the Modding directory you created in \Users[yourusername]\Documents\Endless Space[/B]? I've seen some people mistakenly place it into \SteamApps\common\Endless Space[/B] despite the installation instructions.

Also, if you placed the mod there while the game was running, you'll have to restart it to see it in the mods menu.[/QUOTE]

sorry i missreaded the introduction several times yea documents .....

i restarted game about 10 times but if its in wrong direction it cant work

thanks bro!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 12:55:02 AM
Hi all,

Since I get it Im loving this mod, but i have an issue and a question:

Issue: Since i use this mod, I got no new heroes, i mean i can hire the 3 heroes i got at the begining of games but no new heroes are available for me to hire after, even if the counter (to get a new heroe to hire) get to 0 several times during a game, could this be related to the new release of ES (i didnt use the mod in previous versions of the game).

Question: i read the amazing times some comps takes to create a really-very-extra-huge galaxy... in my machines the times are not the same, but thats ok... my wife dont allow me to get the machine i want to... but, i started a game with 1024 starts... and after 15 turns... the game become so slow i had to quit. With a 512 starts... i can play till turn 80 approximately (slow game) and then again... performance drop... machine dead. I couldnt check the perfmon of my machine to realice what im missing. So my question: what should i add to my i5 - 4 Gb of memory machine to play a really huge and slow game? new cpu? more memory?

Cheers!

P.S.:Hope you can understood my tarzan-like english!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 9:19:19 AM
rockator wrote:
Hi all,

Issue: Since i use this mod, I got no new heroes, i mean i can hire the 3 heroes i got at the begining of games but no new heroes are available for me to hire after, even if the counter (to get a new heroe to hire) get to 0 several times during a game, could this be related to the new release of ES (i didnt use the mod in previous versions of the game).

New hero arrive only when in academy is minimum one free slot. (you must recruit one hero, or fire anyone from academy).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 6:43:14 PM
MacDante wrote:
New hero arrive only when in academy is minimum one free slot. (you must recruit one hero, or fire anyone from academy).

Yeah, thanks, i knew that, but even with free slots in the academy.

In my last game, i hire one hero and kick the other two but again, no new heroes arrives smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 7:48:38 PM
uhhh can i use this MOD for Multiplayer Games? And need everybody these MOD, or only the Host?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 12:23:54 PM
RudiRatzinger wrote:
uhhh can i use this MOD for Multiplayer Games? And need everybody these MOD, or only the Host?

You should be able to, and everyone would need it unless you want to wait half an hour for them to load.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 5, 2013, 2:34:52 PM
RudiRatzinger wrote:

Mod should be instaled on all players who want play on it. Because his use some solution from local xml mod files like planet names.

And if someone don't have this mod hi can see strings instead name of planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 4:04:32 PM
very nice mod, but are the circles around your planets suposed to be distorted on big maps ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 10, 2013, 3:33:31 AM
stas_18 wrote:
very nice mod, but are the circles around your planets suposed to be distorted on big maps ?

You mean the influence area around systems? No, it's a bug with the game engine not being made for big maps. Sadly nothing we can do about it, as far as I know.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 9:10:07 PM
Anybody else has the problem with very slow invasions? Game version is 1.0.65 and the mod is for 1.0.46 - maybe this is the reason?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 12:06:27 AM
Seik2000 wrote:
Anybody else has the problem with very slow invasions? Game version is 1.0.65 and the mod is for 1.0.46 - maybe this is the reason?

There were some tweaks made to scale the selected game "speed" with invasion time in the last patch - however if you are playing a map started prior to 1.0.65 you could see oddities. -> http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?16488-Is-this-right-Super-slow-Invasions...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 3:42:51 AM
Seik2000 wrote:

If you have unusually slow invasion, likely you are still using an old savegame. Game started prior 1.0.65 are likely to be corrupted by the patch changes (had issues with ships refusing to retreat), just start a new game and it should be fine. As for the mod, depending on what it change it could still be working, or it may be lacking some of the changes of the patch. The game has some curious way of handling mods as it load the vanilla game and paste over modded code so even if some code is missing it may still be working...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 5:40:24 PM
Thanks for your answers, but we do not use an old save game, we started new games - all with the same result: very slow (>50 rounds) invasions even for outposts. Invasions without the MOD are fine.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment