Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Official Star Wars Mod

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 10:44:19 AM
fair enough on te star forge

well there's "Zombies" on Korriban as well as ghosts the valley of the sith could be a wonder

one ghost on Yavin, but the temples could count as wonders

Ambria as a dark side focus, samewith Dagobah

Ruusan could be either an anomality/ or a wonder

Ziost has similar problems to Korriban

Zonama Sekot is both

Mists of Forgetfulness and the Lake of Apparitions as anomalies

Byss is a focus of the dark side/all are mostly controlled by the Emperor

fair enough on the sith alchemy point

just a few
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 7:20:39 PM
Here it is: The official Star Wars Mod, with the running title of - Endless Star Wars!

We are currently in the planning stages of the mod, but rest assured, we are working our hardest to make this the best mod for you the player!

If anyone wishes to help be a part of this, we could use a few extra people to assist in planning and XML and in graphics. If anyone wishes to help with any one of these, please let me know!

Here is the current list of proposed changes:

-Build factions

-Build faction traits

-Name planets

-Create Heroes

-Build technology tree

-Create planet anomalies

-Build battle cards

-Build thumbnails

-Build graphics

No, they will not be done in that order! Those are all the things that need to be done.

Post any questions, comments, or volunteer below! Let's make this mod the best mod for Endless Space ever!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 3:19:46 PM
Sounds very nice.I know a good graphic designer and I've contacted him.Maybe he is willing to help you
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 6:30:14 PM
To be honest, the hardest part will be the reskins for the units. Otherwise, it is just creating the factions, creating traits, battle cards, AI, and then making planet names and types.

Yeah, it won't happen overnight, but be assured, you won't find this mod in the dead mods section ever.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 12:58:09 AM
Hope it turns out as great as the Third Age (LoTR) mod for the Total War games! One of the events could be a Pod Racing tournament. xD And i know it would take (assuming) a lot of work,but have a short clip of soldiers invading after you capture and enemy planet!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 6:47:08 AM
For the ship models, if any of you own the game Empire at War, I think this program allows you to convert the ALO models from the game to a format useable in game. I know a modder on here used something like it previously to pull some files from one of the total conversion mods for the game to use as ship models for the Sheredyn. This could make your lives a lot easier, though I dont know about the legal issues involved in ripping it straight from the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 14, 2013, 7:12:22 PM
I will look into that to see how well it works and if it is legal, or if it is in the grey area.

Does anyone know what format the models are for this game?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 5:48:20 AM
Hmm, where would I put those in the Mod? In the example they have provided, the skins are in .jpg and .mtl
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 18, 2013, 6:35:03 AM
bhssinger3 wrote:
To be honest, the hardest part will be the reskins for the units. Otherwise, it is just creating the factions, creating traits, battle cards, AI, and then making planet names and types.

Yeah, it won't happen overnight, but be assured, you won't find this mod in the dead mods section ever.

Bah, sorry to break your spirits, but there's a TON of work ahead for that many races. Just try and set reasonable goals for each week/month.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 1, 2013, 4:47:56 PM
This will be a great mod when it gets done. I'm rubbish at coding and graphics, but I would like to make one suggestion for another faction:

The Chiss Ascendancy would make an excellent faction, since they are a powerful force around the Unknown Regions of the Star Wars galaxy (in the Expanded Universe material, anyway). Ever since reading Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy featuring the ingenious Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn, I've really liked the lore about this race and hoped for their inclusion in a strategy game. So, please consider them for this mod.

I just downloaded your initial release of this mod, so I'll give it a spin now and review it soon.

Edit: I just thought of another faction that could make a good addition to your list. The Infinite Empire of the Rakata. If you've played Knights of the Old Republic, you'll know all about them. Otherwise, there's that Wookieepedia article I just linked to. Even if you don't include this faction, perhaps you could include their Star Forge as a wonder to be found and restored (just as Revan did in the backstory of KotOR). It would provide an extreme bonus to ship construction and industry.
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 1, 2013, 4:50:48 PM
What are your plans to make each factions gameplay unique?

How do you plan to balance the tech tree (Techtrees?) for factions that come from different eras?

How do you plan to stop the Galactic Empire from winning every game? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 1, 2013, 6:30:36 PM
bhssinger3 wrote:
First update:

Here is a list of factions that would be included, what do you think?

The order that these will be implemented is yet to be decided:

Fringe

Galactic Empire

Mando'ade

New Republic

Old Republic

Rebel Alliance

Galactic Republic

Separatist Confederacy

Sith Order

Yuuzhan Vong

Jedi Order

Any that I should include in this list?

I'd suggest cutting the republics down to the Old Republic, as the Republic in the prequels is basically the empire(and if you still want new republic, then take out rebel alliance as they are the same), as said earlier chiss ascendancy is good, hutt cartel is also good but should replace fringe

so a new list would be-

The Old republic

The New Republic

The Galactic Empire

The Confederacy of independent systems

Mando'ade

Yuuzanh Vong

Sith Empire

The Jedi Order

The Hutt Cartel

The Chiss Ascendancy

Sought victory conditions probably would be

The Old republic- Economic, Military

The New Republic- Economic, Military

The Galactic Empire- Military, Science

The Confederacy of independent systems- Economic, Military

Mando'ade- Military, Culture

Yuuzanh Vong- Military, Culture

Sith Empire-Military, Culture

The Jedi Order- Culture, Military

The Hutt Cartel- Economy, Culture

The Chiss Ascendancy- Science, Military

Heroes could be-

Luke Skywalker

Darth Vader

Han and Chewbacca

Princess Leia

Yoda

Bastila Shan

Revan

Zayne Carrick

Warmaster Tsvong Lah

Thrawn

Jaina Solo

Karnass Muur

Mara Jade

Obi Wan

Grievous

Dooku

Naga Sadow

Tarkin

Palleon

Admiral Daala
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 8:34:36 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
What are your plans to make each factions gameplay unique?

How do you plan to balance the tech tree (Techtrees?) for factions that come from different eras?

How do you plan to stop the Galactic Empire from winning every game? smiley: stickouttongue

As far as I can tell, there's not much technological difference between the Old Republic/Sith Empire and the New Republic/Galactic Empire. Technology seems to be fairly static in Star Wars. The only examples of radical new technologies I can think of are things like Kamino's cloning chambers, the Death Stars, or the Infinite Empire's Star Forge. So basically, there's no reason to differentiate between factions of the galaxy's past and future except with a few faction-specific technologies.

Just like in vanilla Endless Space, I imagine that the faction affinity, traits, and exclusive technologies will make each faction's gameplay unique.

What I'm interested in is the question of wonders, anomalies, etc. I'd like to see things like the Star Forge, Maw clusters, Kolto deposits, etc. These would all add a lot of flavour to the mod. For some of them, you could use the graphical effects from vanilla Endless Space. But for others, the graphics would have to be custom made.

Also, I agree with Saseav that it would be better to just combine the Rebel Alliance and New Republic into one faction called 'New Republic'. The Hutt Cartel is a good idea, too, although I would also like the Infinite Empire.

Oh yeah, and what about 'Dust'? What will you replace it with? Credits? Some other resource like Spice?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 9:53:50 AM
Sechrima wrote:
As far as I can tell, there's not much technological difference between the Old Republic/Sith Empire and the New Republic/Galactic Empire. Technology seems to be fairly static in Star Wars. The only examples of radical new technologies I can think of are things like Kamino's cloning chambers, the Death Stars, or the Infinite Empire's Star Forge. So basically, there's no reason to differentiate between factions of the galaxy's past and future except with a few faction-specific technologies.

Just like in vanilla Endless Space, I imagine that the faction affinity, traits, and exclusive technologies will make each faction's gameplay unique.

What I'm interested in is the question of wonders, anomalies, etc. I'd like to see things like the Star Forge, Maw clusters, Kolto deposits, etc. These would all add a lot of flavour to the mod. For some of them, you could use the graphical effects from vanilla Endless Space. But for others, the graphics would have to be custom made.

Also, I agree with Saseav that it would be better to just combine the Rebel Alliance and New Republic into one faction called 'New Republic'. The Hutt Cartel is a good idea, too, although I would also like the Infinite Empire.

Oh yeah, and what about 'Dust'? What will you replace it with? Credits? Some other resource like Spice?

Bacta/Kolto reserves are limited to two or 3 planets in their natural form

Star Forge is an anomally?

sith alchemy creation of new anomalities via random events?

Credits might be best as it's usually used universally since the creation of the republic in 25,000 BBY
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 10:33:05 AM
Saseav wrote:
Bacta/Kolto reserves are limited to two or 3 planets in their natural form

Star Forge is an anomally?

sith alchemy creation of new anomalities via random events?

Credits might be best as it's usually used universally since the creation of the republic in 25,000 BBY

Yes, you're right about Kolto/Bacta. I guess those will just have to be covered by technologies and/or Hero Abilities.

I was thinking that the Star Forge could replace one of the Endless Wonders. Based on Star Wars lore, what other sorts of new anomalies and wonders could replace the ones in the vanilla game?

The Sith alchemy idea is pretty cool, but instead of a random event, maybe it could be a faction-specific technology for factions with Sith affiliations (Sith Empire, Galactic Empire, etc.).

And I agree, Credits would be best as the replacement for Dust.

Is there any conceivable way that the Death Star could be included in this mod? Maybe a final exclusive military tech of the Galactic Empire could unlock the Death Star. It would require a ridiculous amount of industry to build one, however. More than what would be required for a large fleet of Star Destroyers. Would it be possible for a Death Star to 'terraform' planets into asteroids?
0Send private message
11 years ago
May 2, 2013, 12:31:06 PM
For the Old Republic, I think a good superweapon would be the Mass Shadow Generator, which was used by Jedi General Meetra Surik to decimate Malachor V and end the Mandalorian threat. It should add a terribly negative anomaly to target worlds, so that they end up covered in fierce storms, and it should also terraform planets into barren worlds (if such a thing is possible for a fleet to do in the game's engine). The negative anomaly should probably supply a strong bonus to the Sith Empire and Galactic Empire factions, since they could tap the immense dark side energies of the anomaly.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 25, 2022, 5:38:44 PM

New Star Wars Mod in development if anyone is interested.

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space/forums/37-modding/threads/49482-endless-space-2-%E2%80%93-post-endor-star-wars-mod#post-357792

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment