Super Nova (Disharmony)

Liked Super Nova
Didn't like Super Nova
Never tried Super Nova
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 5:33:02 PM
I fixed that in the patch and will publish it as soon as possible.

[Edit]

The patch which fixes the AI colonization problem is now available.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 9:18:11 PM
Not sure if this was what you were referring to in your 1.0.2.1 notes, but in 1.0.2, without actually having researched warp drives, I'm able to travel off the string at a speed of 2.

Save File: UNITED EMPIRE - Turn 12 - Traveling off of string.zip

The auto-path for the scout at the Cran system to the uncharted red dwarf is to warp there. After playing a few turns, the scout is able to travel there with warp.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 9:40:00 PM
That is working as designed. I wanted the smaller ships to be faster than the larger ships so I gave Corvettes +2 to speed and free speed, Destroyers +1, etc. A side effect of that is they can travel without warp lanes before researching the technology. I decided I can live with that in the beginning of the game because they are so slow - in order to get the desired benefit for the rest of the game.

I use it consistently to break out of my home constellation earlier than I otherwise would. Basic Hyperwarp Drive grants +2 to the free speed movement, doubling it, so the tech is still necessary/useful.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 9:42:20 PM
Ahhhhhh. Gotcha. My first inclination was to ask if it was WAD, and, surprise, it is.

Nice. I like it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 11:14:28 PM
Is it WAD, after researching endothermic structures, for small planets to have a higher population cap than medium-sized planets? i.e. small terran planets w/ endothermic structures have 7pop, while medium planets only have 6(until much later tech)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 12:27:03 AM
Good catch. I'll reduce Endothermic Structures from +2 pop to +1 pop so small planets don't surpass medium ones. Thanks smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 12:11:13 AM
Ran into a ghost pirate issue. Very early in a game, hit an exploration event where it had me choose between 3 options for pirates. I'd picked 2 pirate fleets at the location of the exploration event. The pirates, with no caps, blockaded the system. During the run of play, I'm unable to get rid of the pirates and my fleets are stuck in that sector. That is, if I load a save, they disappear. Not a huge issue now that I know what to do, but I'd wasted a few turns trying to figure out what was going on.

And it happened again in a different game. Once again, really early in the game. This time the exploration event just gave me a pirate fleet at the event planet.

Save File: AUTOSAVE 145.zip

And, like the previous time, saving and loading after the event makes the ghost pirates disappear(but continuing without saving and loading makes their blockade invincible)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 12:30:21 AM
One thing I'm seeing on my home planet is the population dropping to 2 after the first turn. It moves back up to 3 the turn after, but I'm wondering whether that's supposed to happen.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 12:37:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I fixed the ghost pirate issue. It was also the cause of corrupted saves. I published beta patch 2 so the fix is available.

The population issue happens in vanilla too. It's a side affect of a fix the devs made.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 12:47:12 AM
I edited the previous post before seeing your new one.

Gonna check out the new version now.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 7:30:04 AM
LetoSilvermane wrote:
Good catch. I'll reduce Endothermic Structures from +2 pop to +1 pop so small planets don't surpass medium ones. Thanks smiley: smile

That is intended, at least it is in vanilla.

After tech, medium worlds are the worst, while Huge are the best, unless you have faction traits that permit overcrowding on planets, in which case tiny planets tie with huge planets.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 2:48:06 PM
Iliuthenin, I hope you like it.

NewAgeOfPower, they may have had a reason for that, but I'm comfortable with maintaining the relative sizes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 3:10:10 PM
NewAgeOfPower,

Well, vanilla endothermic structures is +2 tiny and +1 small. In this mod, it'd been 2+ tiny and 2+ small, which is why I was wondering.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 3:48:19 PM
The Living Habitats improvement doesn't seem to add the +2 pop.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 6:44:45 PM
Question: Following what you said about maintaining relative sizes, are you going to look at reducing the effect of the extreme habitation, "self-replicating habitats" +2 medium and +2 large? The +2 on the large makes it have a higher pop cap than same quality huge planets, if I'm not mistaken. Definitely with barren planets.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 7:49:39 PM
I appreciate your help testing this mod.

I fixed the problem with Living Habitats. You make a good point about the planet sizes. I've changed the habitat techs to grant +2 to max pop for Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, and Huge worlds. It seems like a nice pattern, bringing them up from the bottom; having them surpass temporarily to make the effect seem stronger, then ending up with the same relative sizes. It also makes habitat use a different pattern than FIDS which apply to moons and asteroids.

I published Beta Patch 3 to make the fix available.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 2:01:54 PM
Sheredyn seems to be missing the "Star System Recycling" tech. There's a gap between "Star System Destruction" and the faction-specific techs. Speaking of, the improvement that is unlocked with "Sheredyn Domination" seems to have some issues.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 3:54:35 PM
Possible Issue: Playing Sheredyn; when I looked at my approval on a system(I found this was affecting all my systems), I noticed that one of the factors was "-10 from Faction Trait"

The only faction trait that would've caused that was Sheredyn Integrity that's supposed to kick in if I ever break a deal. However, I've never actually broken any deal in this game.

I've never played Sheredyn, so I don't know if this is a Vanilla issue or not.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 4:45:12 PM
Hi rmv,

Thanks for the feedback. In the vanilla game, the Sheredyn and Harmony don't get Star System Recycling. Since I don't have a good reason to change that, I'll leave it in place. I updated Sheredyn Edge and Harmony Edge to have Star System Destruction as a prerequisite instead. Then I retested all of the faction unique technologies and debugged them.

It looks like the Sheredyn Integrity bug is a problem with the base game, not the mod:

/#/endless-space/forum/27-general/thread/10360-a-bug-about-sheredyn-integrity-in-disharmony

I'll publish patch 3 shortly.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment