Liked Super Nova
Didn't like Super Nova
Never tried Super Nova
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 4:34:01 PM
Another Pirate issue. If a pirate starts to invade a planet, and you destroy them, the negative effect on your system stays(including the galaxy map ring around the system). Also, if I were to load a save, I start running into the issue like the previous pirate issue. Blank galaxy map, bunch of error messages

Re: the AI not building more ships. I've actually never encountered that issue. If in a war, they'll continue to build and send fleets at my fleet, usually at their fleet cap. One issue, though, is that they seem to only use one weapon on their ships.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 5:54:06 PM
hello,

i 've tried the mod today in a 2 player private MP Game. There is a problem i have an uncolonized planet-system in my constellation. the system is defended/blocked (Shield Symbol) by a pirate fleet. i have no chance to fight against it every ship i send to this system is no longer selectable. The ships are there, as i can see the fleets on the map but can't command them to fight or back from the system. Its since the 15 th round and now we are on turn 200. The Problem is still there. We tested what happended if my friend sends ships to the system to. I get a battle message and can fight against him. After this i still cant fight against the pirates or colonize the system and my fleets in it are locked again. Does anyone know this ?

greetings.

Robert

P.S. : i would like to translate your mod files for german players, if you permitt. I can mail the translated files to you.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 7:02:42 PM
Hi Robert,

Does this sound like the problem you encountered? If so, then it's a bug in the game and the devs will have to fix it.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?18927-Fleets-bug-....

If not, can you attach a savegame with the problem and perhaps a savegame before the problem?

Some of the titles and descriptions were hard-coded in the xml files. Before you translate the localization files into German, get the Super Nova 1.0.5 patch.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 5, 2013, 9:59:45 PM
The save crashes as soon as I load it. The log shows the same exceptions as the previous pirate bug so I increased the minimum pirate strength to the same as vanilla.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 6, 2013, 4:59:20 PM
i have raed the link you posted - it really sounds like my bug. i have posted my problem also there. thank you for the hint.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 6, 2013, 7:51:16 PM
My issue occurred like this:

I own System X.

Pirates arrive and begin to invade System X, which results in the grey, dashed circle around the system that happens whenever anyone invades a planet(other than the grey, obviously. it's the faction's color).

This also results in a happiness and resource maluses, as is normal for any system being invaded.

I send a fleet which kills the pirate fleet, but the system still has the grey, dashed circle around the system.

The system also retains the happiness and resource maluses.

AUTOMATONS - Turn 147 - Pirate Blockade Still There.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 6, 2013, 8:20:57 PM
I'm sorry, but that's not a bug with the mod. It's a bug with the game and the devs will have to fix it. You might want to post the problem on the tech support forum.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 7, 2013, 4:52:46 PM
Hello,

So far very much enjoying your mod! Ran into a few little questions/comments that I'd like put forward.

1. The planet counter dots above star systems appear as a blacked-out square instead of a dot in cases where the planet has a special anomaly such as Dust Nebula etc.

2. Text subtitles during manual battles are also appearing as black squares instead of actual text characters (such as when it would say "Battle at Earth" and/or "Victory/Defeat at Jupiter" etc.

3. Star connectivity setting seems to be off; in 10 games randomly generating, my home system always started with no less than 4 star lane connections even when the setting is adjusted to low.

4. Technology description for Basic Education, once you have unlocked prerequisites and finished researching it, shows the associated techs as something like %whatevertechtier1name or something (sorry don't remember the exact code, but looks like a coded query for the tech name its looking for.)

I started playing around with your mod about the third beta, and never encountered the graphical issues before - not sure if this helps?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 12:54:53 AM
rmv wrote:
My issue occurred like this:

I own System X.

Pirates arrive and begin to invade System X, which results in the grey, dashed circle around the system that happens whenever anyone invades a planet(other than the grey, obviously. it's the faction's color).

This also results in a happiness and resource maluses, as is normal for any system being invaded.

I send a fleet which kills the pirate fleet, but the system still has the grey, dashed circle around the system.

The system also retains the happiness and resource maluses.

I've destroyed pirate fleets as well and their blockade persisted even after they were destroyed. Theres a game bug where it doesnt update the change in status after the fleet has gone. To change it I 'Defend' the system and toggle that on and off which clears it. Easily fixed. That what you are talking about? The only problem you get is when both fleets are destroyed and you have no ships nearby to toggle defend... heh.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 1:08:59 AM
JEIA I has a Core Tap Installation and the dots above the star system appear normal.

Do you get the same problem in Endless Space without any mods?

I wasn't able to reproduce the problem you reported with text subtitles?

This mod doesn't change anything related to galaxy generation.

You might want to replace:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding\SuperNova\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator

with:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\Public_xp1\Plugins\GalaxyGenerator

to ensure you are using the latest vanilla galaxy generator.

I was able to generate a map with only three star lanes using default settings.

I was able to reproduce the problem with technology prerequisites. This is caused by a bug in the game. The XML files allow techs to specify prerequisites with tag; however, the game does not resolve the name from the localization files. Since none of the technologies in the vanilla game define prerequisites like that, it's only a problem for modders. Short of a fix, the only way I can solve this is by hard-coding the technology names in the XML files instead of the localization files. That will then force the English name on anyone who translates the mod. I think that's what I'll do.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 5:16:34 PM
Hello again - reloaded my game completely then fresh-applied the mod; this seems to have cleaned up the weird graphical issues I reported so problem was local. Sorry for wasting your time with those. I tested 50 random generations with the galaxy maker and while connections on home system still trended statistically high vs what the setting suggests it seems my run of 4+'s was an anomaly (as you said, not modded anyway.)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 11:53:55 PM
dizzy_xc wrote:
I've destroyed pirate fleets as well and their blockade persisted even after they were destroyed. Theres a game bug where it doesnt update the change in status after the fleet has gone. To change it I 'Defend' the system and toggle that on and off which clears it. Easily fixed. That what you are talking about? The only problem you get is when both fleets are destroyed and you have no ships nearby to toggle defend... heh.

Well, my issue was not the pirates blockading, but invading. Different galaxy map visual, dashed circle, not the shields. Also, different system maluses, IIRC(specific malus for being invaded). Is probably the same bug as blockading, just a different status getting stuck. Can't fix it at this point because if I load the game, I'm unable to see anything other than the background galaxy.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 4:41:46 AM
I was trying to have one good human faction, one neutral human faction, and one evil human faction.

Given the state of affairs, perhaps you're right.

I'll make the Sheredyn evil in the next patch.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment