Super Nova (Disharmony)

Liked Super Nova
Didn't like Super Nova
Never tried Super Nova
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 1, 2014, 6:08:05 AM
Ok, I extracted it to disharmony modding folder, but I cant load it, i cant see it in my MODS screen menu
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 4:18:39 AM
All, there is nothing broken with this mod if you actually read the directions! I didn't the first time. I really can't believe that this mod is not being developed any further? What I see here is a diamond in the rough. I am only playing through my first medium game and I am liking many facets of it.

Don't stop developing this mod. I see it as a great base mod for many others, I do know first hand how hard it is to mod and keep up with changes, but that is what good tools are for.

So here are some kudos.

+ great tech redesign, it just needs a few functionality tweaks and it is near perfect.

+ changing of ships and modules to have much better balance. The only thing I would change is have plasma have more damage per shot with less shots. As opposed to projectiles which would be 2x the projectiles but do half the damage. Missiles would do the same overall damage but fire just a few strong missiles and should give a few more invasion points. This adds flavor to the combat style, currently it feels too sterile the way it is. This way the balance would not change.

I will play more and post some more observations later.

Thank you for taking the time to make this mod.

Xeryx
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 4:25:24 AM
Triple check your path and look at the pictures in the first post. It does not go in the steam game directory. It goes under your user directory
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 4:32:36 AM
Laz3456 wrote:
Great mod, I'm impressed with your work it really improves the game. If the poll was still open it would definitely get a like from me.

Unfortunately I have the latest patch with the Vaulters available so it crashes whenever I reload a save which is a shame as I can't play an extended game unless it is in one sitting.

Has anyone developed a work around for this for their own versions as development seems to have has ceased on the mod?

Cheers,

Laz

I would verify you steam install. I have not had any issues yet with a newly started game. I reloaded a few saves today.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 28, 2015, 1:18:15 AM
I am playing my first and last game of this mod.

I am at turn 100, and it has been pretty slow going for the AI. Technologically, I have outpaced all races on easy 2:1. When I have explored the small galaxy that has been full expanded in, there are many issues found.

1) The scavenger (forgot the name sorry) race has expanded way beyond it's means, it has 3 planets that are empty that were colonized. I only found one 3 ship fleet in their vast domain, and crushed it easily. When I quit the game it says this race is doing quite well, but I doubt it. It would only take me a matter of 20 turns to crush them with 3 small fleets. There is also a problem traveling their systems. I actually had to travel in "dark space" to get home.

2) the Harmony, are not quite in as bad of a boat, but I also outpace them in tech 2:1 but they have an pretty equal foot hold as I do.

3) the Automatons are way behind in tech as well. Even though they are slow at expansion in the games I have played, and have never really been a threat.

This leads me to, one of two conclusions; either the AI cannot handle this tech tree or there is something that has broken/or made incompatible with the latest patch.

Not sure what else to say except that I am sad now.

xeryx
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment