Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Imperium Aeterna

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 2:30:06 AM
gmkmay wrote:
Hey, thanks for the mod. I just got the game over the weekend and tried this out, really nice changes/additions. There is one fairly large issue I've run into tho, and that's the AI. It seems they refuse to build up a military (I've only tested at normal difficulty). Mod was still great in the multiplayer game I ran but the AI refusing the build up military is a little disappointing especially as you said you tweaked them to use the new hull designs. I'm wondering if I'm the only one encountering this issue and if so what is it I need to do to get it working correctly?

You aren't. I came here to post about the same thing. Just started using this mod, and I love the changes and additions of the minimods. I don't want to go back to vanilla, but as the guy above me said - The AI doesn't build any military assests. I am on my 3rd game with the mod on hard difficulty, and when at war the AI throws colony ships at you or turn zero ships. They build planetary defenses it seems, but that is it. Hopefully this can be looked at. Thanks for your work, it's a large mod!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 3:15:14 AM
Just wanted to let you know that i love your mod. I played the vanilla version over the free weekend and ended up buying the game. I liked the game before but your mod makes it soo much better, I hope they incorporate many of the features you have eventually into the vanilla.

One my favorite changes were Asteroids into Barren. This was always one of my favorite things to do back when I played MoOII and was dissapointed that it wasent in the vanilla version.

I have spotted a few odd bits though.

The bonuses from the power systems start off at the basic with the original +40% max/min damage and such but the higher level ones list bonuses like the engines give.

Was this intentional or just a display error?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 10:28:37 AM
@The folk above in regards to the lack of military ships by the AI - I've not come across this yet myself. Are you playing on any particular settings? If this is indeed the case then I'd like to look into this in more depth and obviously resolve. I do know that there is an issue with the core game (not related to the mod) where the AI goes bankrupt and then doesn't build any more ships. If the mod inadvertently introduced a new issue then I would love to find out more information.

@ pnthrmgck - Could you elaborate? The power systems have not been altered and should be giving the same bonuses as the vanilla ones. Note that they all give different bonuses - some defensive, some offensive, etc. There are indeed higher level ones which give bonuses not unlike the engines in the mod. In fact - the engines give a bonus not unlike the power systems if we want to be precise smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 3:43:46 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm playing on normal speed, normal difficulty, normal just about everything. I can make a save file available if that helps. If you could let me know what settings you're playing on I'd like to try that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 4:06:16 PM
I'm always on normal speed, hard difficulty, large universe with most things set to random. I only have expansion, military and science victory enabled. All other game options are enabled. Always 8 players. (I wish I could add more :P)

A save game would be much appreciated, as would any other input.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 5, 2012, 10:00:27 PM
I've enclosed two different save files. I believe one is normal and the other is on hard. All the remaining AI have funds, but only scouts and colony ships. I play with only expansion, military and diplomatic victories enabled.

Examples.zip

If possible, I would inquire about possibly integrating the mod Endless Genetics, as it adds an amazing amount to traits to custom races, and allows for even greater diversity. Even better would be the Devs allowing support for multiple mods, but that is another thread. Thanks again for your time and the tech support.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 7:40:31 AM
EvilTactician wrote:

@ pnthrmgck - Could you elaborate? The power systems have not been altered and should be giving the same bonuses as the vanilla ones. Note that they all give different bonuses - some defensive, some offensive, etc. There are indeed higher level ones which give bonuses not unlike the engines in the mod. In fact - the engines give a bonus not unlike the power systems if we want to be precise smiley: wink

I went and took some screenshots and cropped out what i am referring to.

]

you can see in the first one it adds a damage bonus.

the second one however adds a defense bonus.

If that is how it is supposed to be them my bad. I didnt pay much attention to the power systems since after the forst one giving a -20% to health i pretty much ignored them after that.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 10:02:02 AM
@pnthrmgck - that's exactly what they're like in vanilla :-) A lot of the support modules give completely different bonuses, allowing for different set-ups.

I might look into this at some point. I would have preferred to see a few different varieties but each with a couple of tiers as your technology gets better. Tbh the whole tech tree could do with an overhaul, it's one aspect of the game I am not overly fond of. The pacing and branching of the tree are not brilliant. I'd like to see what the upcoming add-ons bring first, though.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 7:33:33 PM
Hi smiley: smile

Thank's for this mod, it is great ! smiley: smile

You say that: "PlanetSize Terraforming, new technologies which enable you to increase the size of planets."

The size of planets, so the population ? How that's work ? smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 7, 2012, 8:03:35 PM
xHeiZzeN wrote:
Hi smiley: smile

Thank's for this mod, it is great ! smiley: smile

You say that: "PlanetSize Terraforming, new technologies which enable you to increase the size of planets."

The size of planets, so the population ? How that's work ? smiley: smile

Essentially, it changes a Tiny planet into a Small planet, or a Small into a Medium, or a Medium into a Large, or a Large into a Huge.

The population increases accordingly - and becomes exactly as it should be for that planet size.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 8:22:33 AM
Any idea as to why the AI isn't building ships in my saves? Does it have to do with victory types or some such? Every game so far has been devoid of AI military presence. Not trying to harass you, I do not want to go back to playing with out it smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 8:58:05 AM
I generally run Imperium Aeterna with ONLY the supremcy victory (usually for testing purposes on things I'm changing) and I have no problem with a lack of AI ships. From what I remember, isn't there some part about the computer AI working towards the victory condition? In other words, without Supremacy Victory, will they still build defensive ships?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 2:40:16 PM
Tiaximus wrote:
I generally run Imperium Aeterna with ONLY the supremcy victory (usually for testing purposes on things I'm changing) and I have no problem with a lack of AI ships. From what I remember, isn't there some part about the computer AI working towards the victory condition? In other words, without Supremacy Victory, will they still build defensive ships?

Have you noticed any behaviour in regards to ship building in the latest version of the mod?

PharkinBastage wrote:
Any idea as to why the AI isn't building ships in my saves? Does it have to do with victory types or some such? Every game so far has been devoid of AI military presence. Not trying to harass you, I do not want to go back to playing with out it smiley: stickouttongue

Not sure at the moment, I have not been able to replicate the problem yet smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 6:11:02 PM
I am having the same no ai ships problem, two empires much bigger than me declared war...yet I am beating them both, havent seen a ship other than colony or scout yet.

Huge galaxy, 2arm spiral, serious difficulty, all vic conditions
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 6:55:16 PM
I have found this type of problem when modding ship definitions before. Nobody knew the underlying reason.

/#/endless-space/forum/37-modding/thread/15876-ai-lost-ability-to-make-colony-ships

It is painful, but if you overwrite the actual game files in the install directory with the mod, then do you see the proper behavior? If you want to try this, you should take care. Create a backup of the game files first. Or, rely on steam "verify game cache" to fix it for you, which may work or not.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 10:15:16 PM
I am going to try to overwrite the original game files for now, after backing them up. I really really do not want to go back to playing without all the options this mod implements. Tried a game in the authors style of only supremacy, same result. No AI navies to speak of.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 10:32:27 PM
I haven't had any problems, but I will do more extensive playtesting over the next couple days. I have a Twilight Emperium game tonight though. :-D
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 12:34:37 AM
Tiaximus wrote:
I haven't had any problems, but I will do more extensive playtesting over the next couple days. I have a Twilight Emperium game tonight though. :-D

No worries. I should be doing homework anyway. Finals, FML.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 9, 2012, 7:13:53 AM
Ok I am just playing the mod for the first time and I'd like to firstly say, very nice work and very well thought out.

I am however having an issue with the Microplanet Expansion technology.

I researched it but I see absolutely no way of implementing the impreovement, how is it supposed to show up?

Is it a planet level improvement, a system level improvement?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment