Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tool to move your Star Systems around ESMapEditor

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jul 16, 2014, 2:05:46 PM
xander1100 wrote:
have steam, getting an error saying "the application has failed to find, or could not access, your Endless Space save folder, unfortunately this is a critical parameter that will keep the application from working totally in this build, particularly the save feature.

anyone else ran accross this?

Here is the fix that I discovered to 'force' it to operate.

1. Create a shortcut of ESMapEditor.exe (right click, Send to, Desktop) This will create a shortcut link to the executable file.

2. Right click on the newly created link, select 'Properties'

3. Enter the following in the "Target" text box

D:\Steam\ESMapEditor\ESMapEditor.exe -LoadmodeRelaxed -GameSaveFolder="C:\Users\Patrick\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Save"

My Steam folder is saved to the D:\ drive - your should automatically reflect the correct path, since the system created this link and information for you.

-LoadmodeRelaxed

This, I had to use to bypass the errors I kept getting because of the Disharmony expansion, and unique items in it that the program didn't know how to handle

-GameSaveFolder

THIS is the important part. Locate where your savegames are going. By default, it should be under your User....Documents folder. INCLUDE THE QUOTATION MARKS!!! "...." Since there is a space in the path name (Endless Space), these are essential.

Save the changes.

Test the newly adapted link. Should work fine.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 23, 2014, 8:02:21 AM
Can't comment for the other individual, but this fixed it for me, thanks!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 8, 2014, 9:04:33 PM
Not sure, but this tool doesn't work. I'm trying the work around and here's what the shortcut properties looks like. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Endless Space\ESMapEditor\ESMapEditor.exe -LoadmodeRelaxed -GameSaveFolder="C:\Users\"Dustan Harless"\Documents\"Endless Space"\Disharmony\Save"

What am I missing?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 4, 2014, 3:18:01 PM
Exelent tool, i was always dreaming about a map and solar system editor, but unfortunately it seems that will have to wait because of this:

I am using Emeperor Edition with DISHARMONY, 1.1.42

Damn I wanted to create my Home solar system with Terran planets only smiley: frown

I'm not using Steam.

Thanks and keep going smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 5:43:14 PM
So I notice some ES downloads in Steam today... and it was a reminder about this tool. Yeah I admit I forgot about this tool\ES for 1/2 a year, seems I have some significant catching up to do. Big thanks to all of you helping everyone with the various workarounds to date.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 10, 2014, 9:15:59 PM
Update 1.2.170.1 released. (see first post)

Notes for release 1.2.170.1 - Expose - Seasons Change

----

+ Beginning the general update process for Amplitude's 1.1.49 base and Harmony DLC changes over the last year, just took a first

pass at xml parsing issues on freshly generated maps. Looks like Amp has made some tweaks to moons and added

colonization achievements, still need to tweak some code for those things, particularly when deleting systems so

one may want to play it safe and not do that till that's finished, but other than that in some limited testing this update should get rid of most of the parsing errors people were getting. I'm sure there are more I'll come across to fix in the coming days, if you hit one, as always speak up.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 13, 2014, 4:18:06 PM
Update released - 1.2.171.1 See first post.

Notes for release 1.2.171.1 - Foreigner - Double Vision

----------

+ Pass number 2 for xml changes in ES 1.1.49

Again minimal testing, played just a couple games to turn 25ish found the need for a 1/2 dozen updates

for errors related to AI_Master/.../commando state, contexts,effect,colonization events.

Should be able to edit 100% brand new game files, and those recently started, not had chance to check

any late game files yet.

*Again I suggest not deleting moons or systems (moving them is fine) - code not updated to renumber\remove

things 100% correctly in the event related xml storage, and looks like I may need to add checking when deleting

planets now too as those can be stored in events. That said worst case you could just manually open

the xml and delete all existing events if you run into a in-game-error - which would probably slow up as

out-of-bounds or invalid index type error. That said if you are editing a game at turn 0 things should be fine, or a game without events.

Note: I'm going away for the xmas holidays in a couple days, this is probably the last update for 2014. Plan is to fix the above in early January along with posting source on git with that cleaned up release.

Scrivener07 wrote:
Hell yea, welcome back KnightHawk.

Thanks. Sorry it took so long.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 4, 2015, 5:07:50 AM
Wow, this is not only a great tool, it also holds the potentioal to be something amplitude should have done a long time ago: A Map/Campaign Editor. Mostly because for Endless Space this would be really easy to use.. Anyway:

Thanks!

Now, i found some clues here as to why my newly added GasGiants are all freely colonizeable, but i did not see a solution.

Am I missing something or is this still a bug?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 10:48:28 AM
Zathuras wrote:
Wow, this is not only a great tool, it also holds the potentioal to be something amplitude should have done a long time ago: A Map/Campaign Editor. Mostly because for Endless Space this would be really easy to use.. Anyway:

Thanks!

Now, i found some clues here as to why my newly added GasGiants are all freely colonizeable, but i did not see a solution.

Am I missing something or is this still a bug?

So are you saying when you add a gas giant planet via ESMapEditor (without further editing to make it colonized) they are immediately ready for colonization even without having the tech to colonize them yet? If so I've not seen that behavior but will look into it if that is what your saying though I can say the planet adding process does not add any technologies so seems strange if that is indeed happening.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 9:50:59 PM
Gas Giants where the most obvious example I did not check for different circumstances, just filled a few systems with planets, all with anomalies and ressources, all UNcolonized, and it seems that every planet that hasnt been there before is colonizeable without corresponding tech. (That is, if planet 3 was asteroids an i changed it to desert, everything was fine, but if there were only 3 planets before, only those three would work. One planet was also broken after I deletet one of those original three and re-added it.

strangely, the same problem occured to me almost a year ago when i was fiddling with text-editing of a vanilla-savegame.

please let me know if you need anything from me on this, and thank you for your efforts ;-)

edit: it SAID they were colonizeable, i didnt actually try cause I didnt want to cheat (that much ^-^').
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 15, 2015, 5:08:03 PM
@Zathuras -Hmm that seems strange indeed, I'll try and see if I can a) replicate that and b) see what's causing it and correct it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 22, 2015, 6:24:05 PM

The program was working fine until the update and now I get a message see the picture above. I have Steam and the Emperor Edition with DISHARMONY. Is this because of the update? Please help. Thank you for your time.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 24, 2015, 10:22:06 PM
@lebead @Chemist18

Roger that. Just got the update myself today figured it would break something, and indeed it has. smiley: smile I'm on it (probably put out an update tomorrow), and thanks for the reports.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 31, 2015, 12:09:47 AM
Is there any chance this can be updated to the new stuff? I would really like to try this out!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 11, 2015, 1:54:06 AM
I've had some small success editing planets using the 7Zip program and editing the bin file for the save game. I don't know enough about XML databases to be able to parse the file then rebuild it.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment