Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tool to move your Star Systems around ESMapEditor

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 6, 2012, 9:00:39 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I'm currently learning C# - I just started studying, but "understanding" codes is one of the things I can do yet :P

I can't understand code (except fairly straightforward stuff) - I can, however, understand people who understand code (usually)! smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 7:17:31 PM
Both blue links in the OP are working for me, to smallfiles.org. Is it blocked for you locally?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 8:01:00 PM
MrNewell122 wrote:
Is it blocked in UK ? Otherwise no, I'll try another browser and deactivate firewall

This webpage is not available

The webpage at http://www.smallfiles.org/download/3346/ESMapEditor_1_0_131.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Thats the chrome message I get

That's really strange, it works fine for me in Chrome - I'll upload it somewhere else, brb.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 8:01:36 PM
Tredecim wrote:
That's really strange, it works fine for me in Chrome - I'll upload it somewhere else, brb.

Thanks alot smiley: smile !!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 8:08:03 PM
MrNewell122 wrote:
Thanks alot that worked, and thanks and kudos for the mega fast response smiley: smile

No problem, no problem smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 12:07:00 AM
Sorry for the late reply.. For the next build I'll use a different provider if people are having trouble. Thanks for those that stepped in to help out.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 19, 2012, 6:54:35 AM
Hi, first thanks for your effort smiley: smile

However i cant get it to work cus it says "this version of the liquid technologies xml data binding libraries is not registered please purchase a license from www..." when i try to load a map.

And after that an error:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application if you click continue etc...

object refrence not set to an instance of an object."

And finally when you click continue its stuck at deserializing part.

i need to fix this license problem in order to use i guess smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 4:35:04 PM
@gokhan

First thanks for trying the app, sad to hear you've run into a problem. You should not have to touch or license anything unless you've messed with something in the distribution. Very strange.

I'm not aware of anyone else having this issue (if anyone else has this problem please let me know), and the 2 test systems use outside of the dev box I work on have never ever had this issue, ie they only have installed what's in the distributed package nothing special.

My suggestion would be delete\uninstall the release and re-download.

Also which version of the distribution of .131 are you using msi or zip and what OS are you using? (Not that it should matter but I'm curious)

As for this part...

"object refrence not set to an instance of an object."

And finally when you click continue its stuck at deserializing part."

--Yeah of course it is since it blew up earlier ... having said that there is a bug there in the exception handling I wasn't bailing out like I should have in .131 when that load fails (regardless of what the issue was - dumb mistake). I've already corrected that .132, thanks for highlighting else I might have missed it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 6:35:50 PM
Gokhan,

Run the attached simple test app.

Tell me if you get an "successful - embedded license worked fine" response or "unsuccessful - ..." response.

Thanks.
LQLicTest.zip
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 7:03:07 PM
thx for the reply.

i ran the test and it gives the same error. and it said trial license expired as a second error.

i've never used nor heard of this liquid stuff before this. and first time i used your program i just unzipped and ran it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 7:11:23 PM
i downloaded zip file 3 times before posting here. smiley: smile now i used installer and got the same error.

i use win 7 32bit. glad i helped. smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 20, 2012, 11:15:02 PM
i've never used nor heard of this liquid stuff before this
- and you don't need to...

I've tried unsuccessfully over the last couple hours to reproduce this issue on any clean xp or higher 32 or 64bit English systems that also have the proper ms.net 4.0 run-time package installed.

Hmm, is your platform English or another language, if another which language?

Also I sent you a pm with a link to try another test.

---

Totally Unrelated:

Will put out build 132 later in the week, nothing big just support for coming add-on2 stuff (added Wonders to system editor,and updated code to not bomb on achievement related changes in add-on2, as well as a couple new game settings).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 3:15:03 PM
Hotfix 1.0.0.131b

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/96910859/file.html

md5: 322c9c58fc61718916a8f447853e0bf6

Fix for anyone getting "invalid parameter" errors when opening and closing "system add\del" form and them using the map screen.

Also fix for gokhan's odd license issue included. No other updates included in this particular release.

This is just a patch not a full install so just unzip the included files to your install folder.

Many thanks to Gokhan for helping me track down these bugs.

Unrelated:

Next full release not till just after next ES patch (addon 2) is out (avoiding compatibility issues this way) which looks like sometime Wednesday night.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 8:57:51 PM
I have issues loading saved games:

[Code]GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: Pop_StarSystemsList: objESX object is not in a valid state~!

GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: popBasicGameDataFromXML: Failed to process the element [GameSaveDescriptor]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Dumping Innerexception

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Modification]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.LtValidationException: Failed read all the elements held within the element [Modification]. The unexpected element [Name] remains un processed

at LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.XmlGeneratedClass.ProcessElementSeqFromXml(XmlSerializationContext context, XmlElement xmlParent, XmlElement& xmlChild, XmlElementType parentClassElementType)

at LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.XmlGeneratedClass.FromXml(XmlElement xmlParent, XmlElement xmlChild, XmlSerializationContext context, Boolean isOptionalChoice)

GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: Pop_StarSystemsList: objESX object is not in a valid state~![/code]

I am about 99% sure this is because of the mod I'm using, since it load the vanilla save files just fine. Oh well, this works so well on vanilla ES! :-)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 26, 2012, 9:32:49 PM
This may be a simple problem of "modification object missing from xsd". If only the dev team had given a real xsd.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 28, 2012, 2:54:27 AM
Yeah davea is right I probably am missing some value that can exist for a mod. Crap I thought I got them all particularly 'name' but I'll fix it.

I'll need to play around with using some mods I probably just didn't catch something it's an area I didn't spend much time testing - I'll get this fixed in the update coming later this week.

Thank you for reporting the error.

Edit: I have this fixed for the next build.

Tiaximus wrote:
I have issues loading saved games:

[Code]GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: Pop_StarSystemsList: objESX object is not in a valid state~!

GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: popBasicGameDataFromXML: Failed to process the element [GameSaveDescriptor]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Dumping Innerexception

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: Failed to process the element [Modification]

GameExtracorTest.Module1 :: DumpLTExceptionTree: LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.LtValidationException: Failed read all the elements held within the element [Modification]. The unexpected element [Name] remains un processed

at LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.XmlGeneratedClass.ProcessElementSeqFromXml(XmlSerializationContext context, XmlElement xmlParent, XmlElement& xmlChild, XmlElementType parentClassElementType)

at LiquidTechnologies.Runtime.Net40.XmlGeneratedClass.FromXml(XmlElement xmlParent, XmlElement xmlChild, XmlSerializationContext context, Boolean isOptionalChoice)

GameExtracorTest.frmMain :: Pop_StarSystemsList: objESX object is not in a valid state~![/code]

I am about 99% sure this is because of the mod I'm using, since it load the vanilla save files just fine. Oh well, this works so well on vanilla ES! :-)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment