Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ultima Ratio Mod

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015, 12:21:27 AM
Well well well, isn't THIS interesting? I too had ideas on expanding the weapon research options...LOVED how many there were in Vanilla ES, and the flavor text was just brilliant. I'm glad someone continued on with my work after I got bored and moved onto other things. So how DOES this play? Any crashy bugs and what-have-you?

O_O I just had my first look at the weapons tree. Holy mother of god, you actually did it all! How in the world did you manage to balance all of this? Doesn't Disharmony follow a different damage formula than the vanilla game Imperium Aetunra was made for?

Well, I know what I'm doing with the rest of my night.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 12:25:37 AM
Cosmocrat wrote:
@BluexXHorizon: Well thank you for posting this bug I really didn't saw that one coming since i have yet always whether Terraformed a planet into gaia or been using a colony ship for acquiring Gaia planets. Well get into fixing that and also adding Gaia planets into Planetary improvements techs.

P.S.: I found out by testing the CustomShipsAndPlanets mod from Amplitude itself i'll get the exact same error when colonizing a system having a pinky planet but not colonizing the pinky planet itself first but another planet. If you then try to zoom in to the planet you'll get the same error as shown above. This does not happen when using a colony ship directly onto the said planet.

It seems Disharmony was brought plenty into the modding stuff provided by Amplitude ^^. I wonder if other modders using custom planets have encountered the same problems?

It happened to me once before, I think it was actually in the regular version of the game. But it's something that really bothered me because it broke the way how I'd play... Any ideas on how to fix it yet in the mod? I'm sure others would be very interested in knowing how if they don't lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 1:56:30 PM
My workaround would've been using a colony ship for getting a Gaia planet but you don't have to hassle with this anymore thanks to Cadoras which brought to the solution of that problem i was able to fix it. Now you can colonize Gaia planets properly from the Planet View without crashing your game. I'll upload the new version within the next minutes and you should be able to get it as soon as you read this message.

Simply visit the first post and download the hotfix version and delete the old version just to be sure.

Please tell me if that has fixed your problems with Gaia planets, i want to be absolutely sure ^^.

Cheers!

-Cosmocrat smiley: science
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 3, 2013, 2:33:45 PM
Is it possible for you to upload a version that doesn't allow for the wonders to be built every where. For me that isn't something i want to play with. Getting all the planets up to Gaia tier is more important to me. I would do it myself, but I don't even know where to begin. Just a suggestion.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 4, 2014, 5:34:10 AM
Issues I noted while using mod:

1) Errors when trying to 'autoupgrade' ships (Error window pops up - quit game, or keep playing). Seems to start occurring at the time I research "Quantum Substrates". Have to manually check every option used, and make sure they are upgraded.

2) None of the items in the 3rd tab of ship upgrades (Special Modules) are upgrading as Research unlocks them (they all stay at level 1) This negates the use of fighters/bombers, which I am in love with.

3) After completing ALL Research, it doesn't automatically skip the empty selection - keeps popping up the idiot-check "hey, you forgot to select research!), so have to click on "End Turn" twice

4) Weapon technology branch feels 'bloated' with all the additions.

Fun mod! Quite enjoyable, obviously a lot of work went into this project. Well done
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 26, 2014, 1:40:53 PM
Hey Guys,

i just started to Play Endless Space anbd i like it very much.

Now i want to try a few Mods. But i dont want change too much. So i thought about the Imperium Aeterna or Ultima Ratio Mod. Can me tell someone if this Mods are still working fine with the newest Version 1.1.9?

Thanks

Tim
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 28, 2014, 10:29:25 AM
Hello Jolly77, if you want a mod which doesnt change too much but add several factions, heroes, planets types and traits, try out my Endless Mod !

It works on the last version of ES and its still updated by no one else than me smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 7:28:40 PM
The download links for this file seem to be unavailable - the "free hosting" site is so clogged with ads my browser can't even load most of the page before everything is obliterated by popups. I've messaged the Dev, but in the meantime wondered if anyone had a source copy of the mod .zip so I could upload it to GitHub or something?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 9, 2015, 2:08:53 AM
I don't have the original .zip, but I still have the mod (1.0.8) installed on my game.

I repacked it into a zip and have uploaded it to mediafire.

Can I post the link here or should I PM it to you?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 10:08:41 AM
@BluexXHorizon: Well thank you for posting this bug I really didn't saw that one coming since i have yet always whether Terraformed a planet into gaia or been using a colony ship for acquiring Gaia planets. Well get into fixing that and also adding Gaia planets into Planetary improvements techs.

P.S.: I found out by testing the CustomShipsAndPlanets mod from Amplitude itself i'll get the exact same error when colonizing a system having a pinky planet but not colonizing the pinky planet itself first but another planet. If you then try to zoom in to the planet you'll get the same error as shown above. This does not happen when using a colony ship directly onto the said planet.

It seems Disharmony was brought plenty into the modding stuff provided by Amplitude ^^. I wonder if other modders using custom planets have encountered the same problems?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 17, 2015, 9:15:20 AM
Hello,

I've been trying the mod and it is great. Combat is much better as it is challenging and there is no one solution fit all anymore.

Thanks for the good work smiley: smile

One question, is it intentional that the retreat action has no combat at all?
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 11, 2015, 10:59:18 AM
@ kazuma6666

If you research....a technology that I don't remember the name of....you can use the Battle Action: Offensive Retreat. That allows you to shoot as you retreat. So in answer to your question: I believe so yes.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 27, 2016, 2:17:29 PM
I can't seem to get this to work, I run endless space of steam. Is there anything else I need to do to make it recognise it has a mod installed? Because it's just running vanilla endless space disharmony.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 29, 2016, 2:32:45 PM
I can't seem make a custom race the as it says that i need to have o negative traits and 0 possetive traits....
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 2, 2016, 2:34:14 AM
How about fixing the AI of star system governors? I see people around me getting upset of manually updating star system improvement (and planet expansions), which is not covered by the AI governor. It will be nice if the system governor is also tweaked. Maybe, adding an AI attribute named "Expansion" or just tweaking the existing AI to upgrade with the mod's improvements.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 13, 2016, 10:27:32 PM
rayhanlahdji wrote:
the AI governor
Does anyone actually use that? Can it be programmed: ie, "please build these buildings in the following order"?
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 15, 2016, 8:22:45 AM
Current issues, not forgetting how old the mod is.

Without IA's weapon changes the weapons tech tree is not that great. Tolerant does not allow Gaia colonisation, and only upgrades to malus. Home plant not being Terran really sucks. Trait limitations /0 are a bit broke.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 21, 2016, 1:14:05 PM

Maybe that can be fixed? as currently no custom factions while using the sandbox download
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 18, 2016, 3:37:24 AM

Hi Cosmocrat :)

Thank you for this mod, I really enjoy your work.

I have a problem with upgrading laser weapons at level 3 and higher. Here are the screenshots.

l

After that report I can still apply them, increased damage is shown and game does not crash when I use them in battle (only few fought so far).

I play custom race and have ES Disharmony on steam.

Edit: Error message does not show if I autoupgrade - then I can freele change type of a laser and there is no problem.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment