Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Ultima Ratio Mod

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 6:23:51 AM
late stage of the game and running into 2 problems ...

1. Trying to upgrade the planet at the -10 to -5 stage and all the improvements added in make it impossible to pick except to go backwards. In other words the top lime works but all below line 2-3 do not. the impacting improvements (planet .. e.g. solar collector) seem to overflow the box and make it impossible to select anything except the 1st line = downgrades.

2. Planet invasions. Do not work at all. Built these nice ships with assault troop on them .. when hit the planet the invasion percent is always 0. so have to sit there for 20 turns even though have assault forces to invade. 1st time have had this issue. To me this is a game killer as it kills the entire troop line .. please fis.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 23, 2013, 1:01:14 PM
looks nice .. will give it a go once finish current game, thanx for doing and posting for us all.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 1:48:46 PM
Oh one thing I noted in regular Disharmony and in Jessies mod is tht the AI does not seem to attack pirates at all ... just sits there with them and waits. To some extent it stops the AI expansion. Will watch for this in your mod and let you know. I have ended up in effect winning because of this a few times. Should finish latest game today and start your mod shortly ... most of the AIs never left their wing of th galaxy because of the above effect.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 2:24:47 PM
Good day and before any thing, thanks for the hard work of yours, this is a really great mod smiley: smile

Now some bugs...

A kind of bug that I fond: Some fleets of mine tend to 'hang' when arrive on the system and then you can't select it anymore, the visual is like the fleet almost arrive on the system.

The fleet icon shows that you have a fleet awaiting commands but when select, error message...

A solution that I fond: send another fleet/ship to that system and merge then.

Sorry, I can't send the print-screen right now (on work)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 24, 2013, 9:00:33 PM
Might be making a rookie mistake here .But every time I start the game with a created faction . It always starts with a lava planet. Any ideas why?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 25, 2013, 12:48:14 PM
So far at turn 100+ and have had no real issues. Now instead of no one attacking about everyone did = me. Also noted that the H and Carvers are warring with each other. Was able to make peace and boy was it expensive whereas other times had to pay nothing here had to pay a fortune. One thing I like in Js mod that you left out was the trade bonus of +1 per pop for the improvements that add trade cap ... in most of my games trade is almost nonexistent, i.e. everyone tends to hate me.

Oh as to the Lava planet .. noted in the (I think) galaxysettengs xml in plugin that the terran planet was a lava not terra type. I changed this for my play thru and my created faction got terran planet. May be what running into.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 6:35:21 AM
Couple issues .. at least I think might be problems.

1. Gaia planets show up for me as malus/penalty when colonize them. Playing rebel trait designed player. If terran don't why do these??

2. No Personnel Shielding in the tech branch (at least I cant find it). Thus can not get Concrete Artifacts and others it is supposed to free up.

Oh in my game the AI is filling in all the fleets to the max number of ships ... did not do this initially but by turn 70+ max'n out the fleets. Now the problem is the AI is building attack fleets but not fleets to take planets. Fleet to fleet battles are plenty but when they blockade and invade all 999. In Js it was almost the other way around .... still so far this is nice with some more tweaks you might almost be there ... now back to the game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 26, 2013, 12:04:47 PM
Well so far i am glad that nobody reported game crashes so it seems that i've did a good job an getting rid of them game-crashing bugs. Only some gameplay flaws remain that can be only uncovered by longterm testing thus i thank you all that play this mod and report flaws/glitches and bugs in here giving me the chance to improve the mod over time.

@jsnider193: What kind of custom faction/traits are you using? It would help me to replicate that flaw on my machine thus beeing able to locate the cause in them trolly xml's. Do you get the same issues when playing one of the vanilla races as well?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 4:29:52 AM
No kill the game issues ... but the 2 items reported I get if use custom or one of the regular factions. I tend to take the rebels and mod to be high folks on the planet and tolerant ... other then that can't think why no pers shielding shows up??? does it for u ???

other then the 2 items and the AI not bldng fleets to take planets now have found no other real problems with the mod.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 6:05:40 AM
Having an issue with planet types: started a game 6 times in a row, ending up with 6 different starter planets (each worse than the last). Single population asteroids, Gas Giants for Harmony (all dat Dust is super great at turn 1), and more. Beyond that, I auto-explored every star system in my spiral of the galaxy - many many tier 2 and 3 planets, very very few t1 planets. No Terrans, no Oceans, nothing.

Could the Galaxy Generator be the cause? I did merge the localization XMLs to get the expanded list of star names to show up, but that was it. Could there be some compatibility issue causing the random starting planet and awful galaxy seeds?

Info:

Custom race, Harmony affinity, Amoeba appearance. Merged localization XML, and added Galaxy Generator to the mod files (only conflict was the localization XML iirc).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 22, 2013, 12:59:55 PM
Introducing: The Ultima Ratio Mod

First of all i want to thank the community and the devs for allowing us modders for making this overall possible.Special thanks go to the IMPERIUM AETERNA Mod (Evil Tactician), Jessie's Mod (Pondera) and Sandbox Mod (WhAtEvErYoUmEaN) on whom i've based my work on in order to realise my very own vision of what this game should look like. The Mod itself is so far fully compatible with Disharmony and especially optimized for it, so be sure to grab the Disharmony DLC already.

So what's the contend of the Mod? This mod adds almost everything that the IMPERIUM AETERNA and Jessies Mod has including:

-No population freeze on building ships

-The entire Warfare Techtree from the Imperium Aeterna Mod cleaned up and bug-fixed including the new Disharmony Warfare techs

-Planet Size Expansions (It's abit wonky but pays off as soon as you reach the huge planet size on certain Planets)

-Barren Planet creation out of Asteroids

-Massive Population and Influence radius increase by building Dyson Spheres and Planetary Rings

-Much more i can't remeber...

So what does this Mod add new besides the stuff that was already in Jessies Mod and the Imperium Aeterna Mod?

-A completely new and rare Planettype called GAIA (Master of Orion 2 fans will relate, eventhough it will spin wrong)

-Of course terraformation into GAIA Planet is also possible and necessary since these Planets are really rare to see but powerfull (+20 Approval +20 Food +10 Industry +15 Dust +10 Science)

-Terraformable Endless Wonders! Yes you can now build lategame restored Endless Wonders on any Planet that hasn't got any kind of natural Anomaly present on it already. Thus Planets without Anomalies become more valuable now.

-Dark Energy Slipstream Drive allows you in lategame to travel anywhere in the galaxy via warp travel in one round (Not Wormhole movement though since it didn't work, i've tried it :/). This is especially useful on bigger galaxy maps.

-Quantum Replication Industrial Tech allows you in lategame to double your industrial output. Together with Dyson Spheres and a proper Hero you can reach an industrial power of never known before extend.

-All new custom Icons for the new Techs where it was necessary to have them.

I've tested it and was able to play a crashfree round as Automatons so far but the Mod needs more testing to find and smash every tiny bug there is. I haven't tested yet the multiplayer compatibility so I cannot say anything about that.

But what i can say is that my work is also free to use for anybody who feels that the contend of this mod would do fine in his own creation. Just a tiny credit somewhere in yer description should suffice.

But now let's get to the fun: The Download Links! But before i post them i have to inform you that i've made two versions one including the Sandbox Mod for those who want to mess around with the mod and the vanilla version without the Sandbox Version.

Outdated Versions

Ultima Ratio 1.0.7 Vanilla Download Removed

Ultima Ratio 1.0.7 Sandbox added Download Removed

Ultima Ratio 1.0.8 Vanilla Download Removed

Ultima Ratio 1.0.8 Sandbox added Download Removed

Latest Version

Changes: v1.0.8 - Fixed bug that prevented luxury Artifacts to be researchable at all for some races, also fixed a bug that prevented planet invasion troopers to reach a higher success rate than zero. Thus always failing to invade a planet. And also thanks to Cadora I fixed a bug that made appear Nullreference Exception windows appear while trying to colonize a Gaia Planet via planet view and not via a colony ship.

Ultima Ratio 1.0.8 Vanilla Full with Gaia Hotfix DOWNLOAD

Ultima Ratio 1.0.8 Full, Sandbox added with Gaia Hotfix DOWNLOAD

Known Bugs: Yet there's none that i can relate to but I've passed the mod to someone else who told me that he got ALOT of Gaia Planets in his Galaxy which shouldn't happen. Yet i wasn't able to replicate that flaw and hope this happened due improper installing :P.

So HOW TO INSTALL?

The file goes to ...\user\Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony simply override that file and it will place the actual game folder in the right place. No other Mods will be harmed unleass they have the exact same name as the file you want to insert. Thus be generally sure to completely delete older versions of mods you want to update or else you'll get into trouble.

That's all and i have that mod will bring some joy to you and your endless space games! Please Report bugs you may encounter so i can try to fix them. New ideas and suggestions about whatever you think needs improvement in this mod shall also be posted here.

And now go out and play!

Also don't forget to have a nice day!

-Cosmocrat smiley: science
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 1:20:03 PM
jsnider193 wrote:
late stage of the game and running into 2 problems ...

1. Trying to upgrade the planet at the -10 to -5 stage and all the improvements added in make it impossible to pick except to go backwards. In other words the top lime works but all below line 2-3 do not. the impacting improvements (planet .. e.g. solar collector) seem to overflow the box and make it impossible to select anything except the 1st line = downgrades.

2. Planet invasions. Do not work at all. Built these nice ships with assault troop on them .. when hit the planet the invasion percent is always 0. so have to sit there for 20 turns even though have assault forces to invade. 1st time have had this issue. To me this is a game killer as it kills the entire troop line .. please fis.

To 1. Yes this issue is well known to me and it happens on planets that have moons. Since that additional frame overlaps with the additional Endless Wonder Icons. I've tried yet to fix that by using the !$(ClassMoon) and after failure, !$(Moon) pathrequisite in order to make it disappear in the Terraforming tab when the planet has a moon. Instead i wanted to make it show up in the Moon Survey and Anomaly reduction tab but neither the pathrequisites worked (The icons didn't disappear) nor the endless wonders showed up properly in the anomaly tab disguised as anomaly reduction. Will further investigate but it might be possible that i am reaching hardcoded boundaries.

2. I encountered this issue also earlier in the mod development. Me had the plan to abuse the planet invasion troop code in order to create some kind of System devastating insta kill weapon pretty similar to MoO 2 stellar converter. It was supposed to turn all planets into asteroids, destroy all population and buildings immediately and also set the whole system to "unclaimed" again. So when i tested that new kind of system busting troops i noticed that eventhough i gave them a military strenght of over 9000 (In fact it was 50k lol) the invasion percentage was still 0%. I first though that was the cause of my system busting troops not beeing properly coded thus greying out the invade button.

It seems now that this problem is indeed persistant through the other troops modules too.

Now that i am aware of it i'll further investigate cause of that.

Overall thanks for bug hunting and keep on rocking!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 28, 2013, 8:42:53 PM
On (2) only thing have seen is in SpecialModule.xml you are using WeightPercent and the affinity folks are not?? no idea if would have the no invasion impact effect ... well guess i'll take it out and see what happens in the next mod. noted in another module (think SupportModule??) they use Weight and you use WeightPercent. Have not gone thru all the xml just couple where troops are and only see the above ..... Gonna try another game as soon as finish off the Shadowrun game that just came out on steam ...

Edit: Oh and for the Pers Shielding issue a check of TechnologyWarfare shows you have dropped TechG27 which is it so the 4 other resources it frees up are never activated in the game.

Edit 2: Is TechG21 not 27 ... in original the PlanetLuxury13-16 are there and in your mod you have replaced them with missiles and does not look like moved them to another tech to be found.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 3:57:04 PM
Aww yeaahh! Fixed the absent artifact tech and the troops are working properly now too.

For the absent artifact tech the fix was quite easy but I didn't saw it coming because I was developing it in a different language. When i suddenly switched over to english I saw the artifacts were missing while they were not while i was using a different language from english. It appears that the program is especially picky with names when using the default english language. Anyways the artifacts tech is now available for all races now.

The not properly working troops were an issue derived from me not using the recent up to date registry.xml I didn't though that this file could bring me in this big trouble. A simple copy&paste from the public_xp1 simulation registry.xml and overriding the old one was already fixing the problem.

I'll upload the fixed version ASAP, hope that made yer day.

-Cosmocrat smiley: science

P.S.: My custom planet is still rotating on the wrong side. I've heard from the beta patch that'll fix this issue so any eta on when it'll arrive on steam?

P.S.S.: Added latest version for download. Hopefully it fixes all bugs for ya so far :P. Haven't got the time yet for long term testing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 29, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
Great looking fwd to giving it a new try ... made the mistake of loading in the beta and boy did it have issues with the mod, but checking around I see it has issues with other mods and just the game. I'll try again with the mod and beta and see if run into the problems expect will, but luv to try betas. If no go then back off to what works as your mod (for me) makes the game more enjoyable.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 1:33:10 AM
OK played for a couple of hours with an old save and your new changes ... with the beta ... and all seems to be working fine now. Invasions are back and the tech (Shielding) is now avail to be researched. Couple more points for consideration:

1. Tech .. Shielding .. needs to be lowered just a little or the one above it raised. they both overlap just a little, purely cosmetic issue as the work fine in game.

2. Still running into the Gaia planets having the malus penalty. Now race I created (rebel affinity) is tolerant so wondering if that might be the factor. I have the tech to upgrade to gaia even and when do get the malus effect. Thought like terran is colonizable from start.

3. Might want to add the gaia planet to some of the tech that increase FIDS, e.g. Epigenetic Crop Seeding. A great planet can always be improved, heh.

4. Idea: for those techs that add in troops/planes that take up 2 slots should be a follow on tech that reduces the slot back to 1 ... streamlined design or such. If already in forget the idea as usually the game is over before get all the tech stuff.

Still latest fixes seem to make the game better and now I can kill the bugs faster rather then waiting 20+ turns
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 6:55:28 PM

Cool, so I downloaded this mod and started playing as the Hissho faction. Three turns into the game and this happens, I don't know anything about XML stuff or mods so... ya. This popped up when I was trying to colonize a Gaia planet, it never would let me do that. Screen Shot is well... a screen shot.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 30, 2013, 7:10:39 PM
Are you using the beta for the game .. I am and have the same issue every now and then. Never had in the non-beta version of the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 31, 2013, 5:20:52 AM
OK playing around with it some more I found that if use a colony ship have no problem landing on Gaia and planting my folks. If try to colonize it from another planet in the system get ezactly what you are showing above. So seems to be an issue with how the gaia is set up but why if use a ship can colonize even if have other planets in system already occupied, beats me I'll play around some more later, but at least figured out how to colonize them. No idea if this be your issue, but twas mine.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment