Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Antera Faction Trait Mod

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 16, 2014, 10:09:40 PM
Hmmm, something's not right, my cruisers with 800hp were regenerating 80 hp per turn with 50% (the last one before per combat turn) trait.

Rerolling a new race to test.

Edit:-

Ship with 378/472.5 HP becomes 401.6/472.5 next turn with 7/15 Regenerating Hull Trait (50%)

Ship with 339/472.5 HP becomes 362.6/472.5 next turn with 7/15 Regenerating Hull Trait (50%)

Need more?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 2:15:56 AM
Oh Antera, you're a god send. This will make my life much, much easier.

Thank you.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 3, 2016, 9:41:51 AM
The upkeep cost trait does not work which is in Building Tree (CleverArchitecture and other one. )

I also tried to edit xml file but still no effect.

EDIT: okay i correct my fault: it's working however the game does not recognize the trait. In system you see -XX improvement costs but the real revenue is still correctly calculated.

I also added few tweaks such as overpopulation approval and CP value by percent.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 15, 2016, 6:47:23 AM
If you have an unofficial fixed version, post it smiley: smile

If you have a list of things that need fixing, post it and someone will get around to fixing it.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 16, 2016, 11:43:20 AM
---Its the CleverArchitecture trait. In the game (system menu) yo don't see the correct dust value. Hovewer it seems dust value calculated correctly in empirewide. (needs confirmation)---

---I also added few things such as reducing bad planet disaproval, fleet evasion rate, command points by percentage and tweaked hyper dimensional (seperate traits incresing free move by percent or flat value and not reducing string move.) few more tweaks that i dont remember. Hovewer this modifications done by me by changnig the original traits of the mod. Also some of the res conversion traits doesnt work. For example if you take a trait that converts dust to ind. in system you cant use inf ind to dust. I think game cant calculate values correctly (maybe this can be fixed by tweaking the calculation priority i dont know someone needs to try ) . My english not the best in the world, sorry.---

---So basicly dont use res-conversion traits, CleverArchitecture and the opposite one.---
0Send private message
8 years ago
Apr 19, 2016, 7:08:09 PM
The res conversion traits are invisable in operation, so checking them is hard. Regnerating hull is another broken one, both this and Tiax's Anomaly Overhaul are in my todo stack.
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 23, 2016, 6:12:44 AM
Dabooma wrote:

Maybe I'm stupid... but... where is the download link? Can someone post it? 

You're right, it's gone. I think I may have a copy of it on me, if so, I'll post it here

EDIT: Got it:

AFTM_v1.1.20.0.zip

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 11, 2013, 3:14:47 AM
Hi everyone, this thread contains all of the information regarding my faction trait mod.

I'd like to start by thanking ZZGashi for making the Endless Genetics mod, which I use as a guide/template to build my mod. I'd also like to thank Amplitude Studio for making the game so easy to mod and the modding community for posting and discussing various modding tricks.

Originally, I was only going to port Endless Genetics to Disharmony, but I have since expanded the scope of the mod and implemented a large number of changes (see below for a complete list of changes). After a while I realized there are many things in this mod that could help my fellow modder, so I'm publishing the mod to the public. To all modders, feel free to use any part of this mod though please give credit where it is due. Without further ado, I present to you the:

Antera Faction Trait Mod

Current version: 1.1.20.0

Compatible with Disharmony 1.1.0.0 and above

Goal: The original goal of the mod was to help me re-create the Silicoids by implementing various faction traits, I have not reached that goal yet but I'm getting there.

Purpose: I envisioned three purposes for this mod,

[LIST=1]
  • For regular players who want to play different combination of traits because they are bored of the stock traits.
  • For modder/developer who wants to test out ideas for new races but cannot build their race from the stock traits.
  • For anything else that anybody might think of.

• [/LIST]

What the mod does: The mod adds a large number of new traits to the game, which you can read about in the trait list.

Changes to the Game

Aside from adding a bunch of new traits, the following changes have also been implemented:

[1] Trait Window Organization

Since the game organize all traits alphabetically, I tricked the game into arranging traits in a certain order by using trait tags. That's the "[Ec01+]" tag in front of every trait added by AFTM. By using this tag I'm able to pair up traits that are opposite of each other. The tag also shows very clearly which trait is an AFTM trait as well as what category it falls under and whether it is positive or negative trait. The stock game only had a handful of traits so organization was not a major issue, but the addition of AFTM traits can make the trait window chaotic so this organization was implemented. Note that the trait tags are not always sequential because I'm leaving room for expansion.

As of v1.1.17.0, all trait tags are color coded.

[2] Trait Titles

In the stock game, effect of all traits in the "Empire Factors" screen and FIDS break out are listed as "...FROM FACTION TRAIT", which is not so bad when you only have a handful of traits. But when you start having more and more traits, it can become very difficult to tell which trait is giving which effect. I have implemented a new set of trait titles that properly identifies the trait causing the associated effect when you look at the "Empire Factors" screen and FIDS break out.

One of my goal is to eventually have AFTM equivalent of all stock traits so that they have both trait tags and trait titles.

[3] Trait Cost

I've scaled the cost of various traits based on the cost of stock traits where possible, and various mathematical projections where it is not. However, the numbers are by no means perfectly balanced and should be taken as ballpark values. Many traits have been extended to outrageously large trait levels and have trait cost that prohibits their use when playing with stock game trait point limits. As with Endless Genetics, "Genetic Engineering" traits have been added for people who want to use these traits for whatever reasons.

Please discuss within this thread if you feel a certain trait is badly out of balance with other traits.

[4] Anomaly Traits

For those familiar with the Endless Genetics' system for placing anomaly, AFTM uses a newly re-written system. You no longer have to take fake "Mutated Flora" as pre-requisite to access the other anomalies. Which also means that you can now have Mutated Flora anomaly on your starting planet. Additionally, the new anomaly system is completely separate from the stock game's anomaly system so you should not pick anomaly traits from both AFTM and stock; it may cause issues. Lastly, the AFTM anomaly traits do not have trait tags, instead they use "colored anomalies" titles that Amplitude Studio included into the game (or any modified "colored anomalies" titles that you may be using). By doing this, the trait window will automatically separate all traits by color, and alphabetical order within each color group. The only anomaly left that are not colored are the stock traits. I found this to be a pretty good way to organize the anomaly traits.

Please let me know if the new anomaly system is not working correctly. It's a lot of code so a lot of room for error.

As of v1.1.9.1, natural wonder traits have been added.

[5] Miscellaneous

There are still many traits that I plan to implement into the mod though I figure I release what I have so far. I plan to update every 2-4 weeks with new traits introduced at each update until I'm satisfied.

I will occasionally add in traits that I consider "Experimental" and they will be noted with an asterick (*) after the trait tag. Experimental traits are subject to major changes, though I would appreciate it if you could try it out and see if they work properly.

I will also note in this thread any new traits that I'm currently working on for the next update. You are free to make suggestions about what traits to add though I'm free to not add them if I believe they are not add-able for whatever reason.

Occasionally, an update might break the link to a trait from an older version, though I would not do this unless absolutely necessary. In such a case you may need to re-create your custom faction though I believe the game will allow you to simply edit the outdated faction. In any case, please bare in mind that this is a mod so backup your saves, custom races, etc. when updating.

Explanation for Traits

Most of the traits are self-explanatory. But a few of them can be tricky to understand. This section explains the tricky traits.

Many traits operate on a different priority level than other in-game effect. For example, the trait "Master Shipwrights" work at a different priority level than improvements/heroes/wonders. What this mean is that if you have Master Shipwright +5 (-50% ship cost) and an improvement that has the effect -50% ship cost, the total ship cost is multiplied by (1-0.5)*(1-0.5) = 0.25, as opposed to (1-0.5-0.5) = 0.

Affinity traits:

Affinity traits are specific to certain affinities. For example, "Resource Assimilation" is Craver specific. Affinity traits become available if you have the right affinity. You can tell which affinity is needed by mousing over the trait or by looking at the trait tag.

Goverment traits:

The traits "Expansionism/Isolationism" work at a different priority level from technologies that decrease overcolonization malus.

Population traits:

The traits "Virile/Impotent" work at a different priority level from ship construction effects like Harmony's "slow growth" effect.

Building traits:

The traits "Master/Bungling Builders" and "Master/Bungling Shipwrights" work at a different priority level than improvements/heroes/wonders.

The "System Exeprts" traits has a different priority level than the "Master/Bungling Shipwrights" traits. For example, if you have Weapon System Experts +2 (-50% weapon module cost) and Master Shipwright +5 (-50% ship cost), the cost of the weapon module is multiplied by (1-0.5)*(1-0.5) = 0.25.

Fleet traits:

The trait "Hyper-Dimensional" is intended to make a faction more reliant on free warp over conventional starlane travel. However, due to an issue with the hardcode, it is not possible to force a fleet to warp directly from point A to point B if there is a starlane/wormhole connecting them. As such, some amount of starlane travel is typically still needed for smooth movement. Try it out and you'll what I mean. Note that this trait is very powerful when used by Amoeba.

Module tonnage reduction traits have a different priority level than ship bonus. See Building traits for an explanation of priority.

Installation Instructions

Mod files are attached to this post.

Install:

1) If not already existing, create a new folder called "Modding" in "My Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\"

1a) If you don't know where "My Documents" is, navigate to "[DriveLetter]:\Users[AccountName]\My Documents\"

2) Unzip the zip file’s content to "My Documents\Endless Space\Disharmony\Modding", this should create a folder called "AFTM"

Running the mod:

1) Start the game, go to Mods on the title screen.

2) Select mod and load.

Starting the game with the mod loaded:

1) [Steamusers] Go to the "Game Library" in Steam

2) Right click Endless Space and select "Properties"

3) Click "Set Launch Options"

4) Type "+mod AFTM" without the quotation marks into the blank

5) Start the game

Uninstall:

(You need to uninstall a mod that takes up only a MB?)

1) Clear the "Set Launch Options" if you had them set

2) Navigate to the "Modding" folder

3) Delete the "AFTM" folder

How to Use

For players who want to have a balanced game follow these rules:

[LIST=1]
  • Don't pick genetic engineering.
  • Don't pick more than 3 levels of any trait (positive or negative). Alternatedly, use your own judgment on what may be too OP of an ability/combo to use.
  • Don't pick more than 3 negative traits for the purpose of gaining points.
  • Don't pick both the stock and the AFTM version of the same trait. Doing so can cause unforseen consequences as the AFTM traits will only be debugged/balanced against other AFTM traits.
  • Afinity selection does not currently disable any AFTM traits (for example, picking Harmony normally disable all dust/hero traits), it is up to the user to pick traits that make sense for the given afinity.

• [/LIST]

For anyone else

[LIST=1]
  • Anything goes

• [/LIST]
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 11, 2013, 3:18:26 AM
    If you played with a particular trait combination that you thought give rise to an interesting game play style, please post on this thread. This helps me in two ways: 1) I can tell what combination of traits people like to play with and what kind of traits to develop next; 2) Which traits may need balancing.

Q&A:

Q1) Do the upkeep cost modifiers work even though the effect text are missing?

A1) Yes, the effect text you see in game for upkeep modifiers are custom text generated using special tooltips for specific traits and improvements. They are rather tedius to make and does not automatically update, I'll try to get to them if I have time.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 11, 2013, 3:29:55 AM
    I had been planning on porting my mod into the expansion, but I have been waiting to see if the devs continue to develop the game in a way that would hold my interest, because otherwise it has gotten a bit stale. It will be nice to see the mutated flora issue finally resolved.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 11, 2013, 3:37:54 AM
    ZZGashi wrote:
    I had been planning on porting my mod into the expansion, but I have been waiting to see if the devs continue to develop the game in a way that would hold my interest, because otherwise it has gotten a bit stale. It will be nice to see the mutated flora issue finally resolved.

Hey ZZGashi, was trying to get in touch with you. Yea, I think the devs might have fixed the Mutated Flora bug at some point, cause I just implemented all 54 anomalies exactly the same way as in the stock game code and they are holding. At least when I tried it. Hopefully, it'll work with other people's games as well.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 11, 2013, 3:50:45 AM
    Antera wrote:
    Hey ZZGashi, was trying to get in touch with you. Yea, I think the devs might have fixed the Mutated Flora bug at some point, cause I just implemented all 54 anomalies exactly the same way as in the stock game code and they are holding. At least when I tried it. Hopefully, it'll work with other people's games as well.

Good, I had reported it, and was hoping they would get around to fixing it, since I figured it had to be on their end of things that was the problem.
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 15, 2013, 7:41:33 PM
    Hey there,

I just played a full game out on Impossible, and found the game to be a complete pushover. I didn't go overboard on the traitset in this - the problem seems to lie with the AI, it completely lacks any aggression.

The AI didn't do a single Diplomatic option at all during the game, they waited around in cold war for the entire game and when I tried to negotiate a cease fire/peace they had no interest in agreeing to one whatsoever. They barely interacted with one another as well. I think something may have become broken in there with the changes that have been made. I was able to snatch up 4 colonies while in cold war without getting any reaction from the AI. I think that fleet building may have been stunted too, but that could be just the luck of the game.

Most importantly though, throughout the game at no point did the AI initiate an attack. They would just blockade endlessly at the planet and never try to invade other territory.

Happy with the changes overall though! Hoping that these bugs can quickly be caught and fixed! smiley: smile
    0Send private message
    11 years ago
    Jul 19, 2013, 12:26:58 AM
    lchmilen wrote:
    Hey there,

I just played a full game out on Impossible, and found the game to be a complete pushover. I didn't go overboard on the traitset in this - the problem seems to lie with the AI, it completely lacks any aggression.

The AI didn't do a single Diplomatic option at all during the game, they waited around in cold war for the entire game and when I tried to negotiate a cease fire/peace they had no interest in agreeing to one whatsoever. They barely interacted with one another as well. I think something may have become broken in there with the changes that have been made. I was able to snatch up 4 colonies while in cold war without getting any reaction from the AI. I think that fleet building may have been stunted too, but that could be just the luck of the game.

Most importantly though, throughout the game at no point did the AI initiate an attack. They would just blockade endlessly at the planet and never try to invade other territory.

Happy with the changes overall though! Hoping that these bugs can quickly be caught and fixed! smiley: smile

Hmmm, can you give me more details on the game set up you used and what races were there? I'll play a few games and do some code diving to see if there's something key that got changed.
    0Send private message
    0Send private message0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment