Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Antera Faction Trait Mod

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 23, 2013, 11:35:01 PM
Version 1.1.9.1 is out. Note that I've implemented trait tag colors on some of the traits as an experiment (along with all the stuff described in the changelog), let me know how you guys like the changes.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 27, 2013, 3:35:10 AM
Quick fix to go above 10 faction trait for those playing beta. Simply unzip the attached file into: ..\Modding\AFTM\Simulation\

Edit: silly me, didn't realize Registry has to be a certain name and format. Here's a new one that actually works. Same install instructions.
Registry_v1.1.14.0.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 4, 2013, 3:59:44 PM
FYI, I messed up the quick fix in the post above. Just uploaded a new one. I'm surprise nobody noticed. Oh well.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 1:47:44 PM
I have to say that this has made my game with my friend so much more enjoyable! I also adore - adore - some of the new traits you added! I enjoy the research ones quite a bit, and find having +Science/Person to be great. We personally add one Genetic Engineering II rank (so, -50) as a small hadicap, mostly because we're newbie players and we like things a bit slower, haha. Highly enjoy the ability to add Garden of Eden as well and it's just great in general.

I'll ask my friend later if he has any ideas, but none come to mind right away for me. ^^ I like you've covered just about everything that can be covered and more, so thanks! If you want, this is what my custom race usually has;

• Genetic Engineering II (1)

• Garden of Eden

• Greedy Builders (5)

• Smart Scientists (2)

• Superior Record Keeping (2)

• Ingenious (4)

• League of Heroes (1)

• Dust Shortfall
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 9:58:55 PM
Very nice, good to see people are enjoying the variety!

I'll be releasing more traits soon (probably around the time of next stable patch), so look forward to more wacky ways to play. Please do let me know if there is a trait you like me to try to implement.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 15, 2013, 4:15:14 AM
More resource conversions ... I'd love to have more stuff be able to convert into science. =P Also maybe more Harmony-specific traits, since they play so differently then the other factions. It also comes to mind that maybe you can add traits that modify affinities of each faction in that case, like allowing Cravers to gain more LP before it goes into negative FIDs? Or more production per tax rate for the United Federation (is that right?). I'd love to see the ability to change planet types and improve anomalies, but those are more technology requests. =P

Other then that, no idea. I don't even know how it's possible that you're thinking of new traits. xD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 17, 2013, 12:08:27 AM
Faction specific traits eh, you just gave me some ideas...he he he

I just have an over-active imagination I guess. And space really gets the imagination going. So dark and mysterious..
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 18, 2013, 8:10:13 AM
Wait ... what's the difference between 1.1.17.0 and 1.1.9.1? Is that a 9 as in 09 compared to 17?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 18, 2013, 2:52:19 PM
You can see what changes with each version in the changelog, its about halfway down my second post in this thread. Generally speaking I add about 8-12 traits with each new release. Yes, it is a 09 compared to 17. Between 9 and 17, I added 10 traits, fixed up enhanced defense, and extended adaptive constitution to L3.

The way I number the mod version is I use the same first 3 number as the stock game number where I ended the development of that particular mod version. So, the current mod version is 1.1.17 even though I been making changes the whole time while playing 1.1.14 and 1.1.15 beta. The last number always start at 0 for the 1st mod version I release for a given stock version number. It increments by 1 each time I release a new mod version. So v1.1.9.1 was the second version of the mod I made while the stock game was still at v1.1.9

I number my mod this way in order to help people figure out which version of the stock game the mod was built in.

Also, I always leave an older version of the mod behind as an attachment in case something isn't right with the new release or they just really want to play with the older version. I have all the previous versions of the mod as well if anyone need them.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 21, 2013, 7:07:20 AM
Just DL'd your mod and ...OMG!!!!! I just lost it when I was going through the options and read..."Faith Based Missile Defense and Excessive Victory Parties!" Totally hilarious and a very nice job over all...!
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 23, 2013, 2:19:06 PM
Consider adding Endless Wonders to the starting anomalies section.

Question: Is it possible to mod in a system where you have multiple wonders per system?

What about spawning resources? I'm uncertain that this could be done through a trait mod, but that seems useful.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 1:46:01 AM
started reading this and....just......god...this could be insane when I try it out

and mean time still waiting for harmony to get re-balanced to be worth it
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 3:31:18 AM
NewAgeOfPower wrote:
Consider adding Endless Wonders to the starting anomalies section.

Question: Is it possible to mod in a system where you have multiple wonders per system?

What about spawning resources? I'm uncertain that this could be done through a trait mod, but that seems useful.

Yea, so I was thinking about Endless Wonders. Do people want the de-activated version? or the activated version? or both?

I'll have to think a little more about how to assign points for the de-activated verison too.

As a matter of fact, it is possible to have more than one wonder in a system. However, I have not found a way to place them on anything other than your starting planet with the trait system (you can place them using planet improvements once in the game). What happens when I place two anomaly of any kind (including wonders) on the starting planet is that the last one to get added will show up in the anomaly slot but the effect of both will be fully active. Its kind of weird how it works.

I'll look into spawning resources.

Wakugai wrote:
started reading this and....just......god...this could be insane when I try it out

and mean time still waiting for harmony to get re-balanced to be worth it

Sounds like a plan. Hopefully, it won't take many more iterations. I think the recent use of open betas really helped.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 24, 2013, 12:52:59 PM
I have downloaded and tested your mod and i must say that you did a very good job! From slight changes to just plain insanity i can have everything i want and more, and the way you sorted the traits is very smart and looks pretty good too !
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 7:15:49 PM
Thought of something while playing Leto's mod.

Is it possible to add a moon to home planet through traits? What about a temple? Guarantee your homeworld will have temple of your choice... hmm.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 26, 2013, 9:54:47 PM
My initial code dive did not turn up anything that can control resource, moon, temple placement. But hopefully the devs will be able to clarify. I messaged them about other possible commands beyond the one that places anomalies.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 27, 2013, 9:36:28 PM
System size is determined by the Galaxy Generator using a system of weights. There's a special set of instructions in there for each faction's home system. There's no way I know of to affect the Generator using traits, but I will keep in mind to look out for any such possibilities.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment