Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

a year ago Aug 17,2023, 14:04:41 PM

Humankind 2nd Anniversary Community Challenge

Reply
4 997 Views
30 Comments

Hey everybody!


Humankind was released two years ago today, so it's time for a little celebration. Just a little one, though, as we’re quite busy working on the next update. :) 

For those of you who haven't been following our regular news, here's a little summary of what we've worked on in the past year:




We know many of you are excited to get your hands on the trade rework, improve naval combat, and poaching ability, but that’s not quite ready to ship yet. (Don't worry, it's not that far off now. You'll get a hold of it next month.)

To get you in the mood to mess with your enemies once the new update hits the waves, we prepared a little community challenge: From today (August 17th) until next Tuesday (August 22nd), we’ll be tracking the number of districts all of our players ransack together. As you burn and pillage more districts, you will progressively unlock Humankind-themed rewards, alongside a few hints about the final in-game reward.


  • Goal 1: A hint of what’s to come 
  • Goal 2: New G2G Badge
  • Goal 3: A second glimpse of the future 
  • Goal 4: New Humankind wallpaper 
  • Goal 5: The final clue 
  • Goal 6: New free in-game content 



The hints will be revealed as you reach the goals, but all other rewards will be delivered with the naval update. 


EDIT:

You've done it! All the clues and rewards have been unlocked.

All rewards will be delivered with the naval update, and we will reveal what the final reward is soon. Until then, I hope have fun speculating about it. :)

And since there seems to be a bug with the reward containing the final clue, I will include it here:



Have fun stealing your neighbor’s riches! 

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 17, 2023, 2:51:57 PM

Let's GO! Time to pillage and plunder our enemy's. To the victor goes the spoils!

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 17, 2023, 4:28:21 PM
Judgemental_Soldier wrote:

Is am Amplified Account required in order for the community points to be added to the total?

No need of an account. The data is taken directly from the game

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 18, 2023, 12:59:27 AM

Seems hype, I'll get to ransacking!


Assuming, for now, that the co-ordinates 41°52'26.183"N 69°55'5.602"W are a reference to the contested rights between Canada and the US over the Gulf of Maine, until someone better at geography or history can correct me.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 18, 2023, 2:19:23 AM
Daarkarrow wrote:
Judgemental_Soldier wrote:

Is am Amplified Account required in order for the community points to be added to the total?

No need of an account. The data is taken directly from the game

Sweeeeet.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 18, 2023, 4:21:13 AM

First clue is a set of co-ordinates (41°53’26.183’’N 69°55’5.602’’W) that seem to indicate a location just off the coast of Massachusetts. Given there are no islands there, and the image used for the background for 'Treasure Hunt Hint 1' looks kind of like a pirate's treasure map I looked up the location of shipwrecks in the area and the closest I could find is the wreck of the Whydah Gally - the ship of pirate Captain Samuel Bellamy and his second-in-command, the better-known Edward "Blackbeard" Teach.


If I had to guess the final reward of this event is going to be unlocking Blackbeard as an avatar for all players - which seems kind of fitting seeing as we'll be getting the naval content rework soon.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 18, 2023, 2:02:09 PM
GrendelHime wrote:

First clue is a set of co-ordinates (41°53’26.183’’N 69°55’5.602’’W) that seem to indicate a location just off the coast of Massachusetts. Given there are no islands there, and the image used for the background for 'Treasure Hunt Hint 1' looks kind of like a pirate's treasure map I looked up the location of shipwrecks in the area and the closest I could find is the wreck of the Whydah Gally - the ship of pirate Captain Samuel Bellamy and his second-in-command, the better-known Edward "Blackbeard" Teach.


If I had to guess the final reward of this event is going to be unlocking Blackbeard as an avatar for all players - which seems kind of fitting seeing as we'll be getting the naval content rework soon.

Nice catch, best I could guess was it was off the coast of plymouth rock and thought maybe a pilgrim culture was getting hinted at.


0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 19, 2023, 3:00:31 AM

Just copying this here from the other treasure hunt thread in the main forums in case anyone misses it:


Second set of co-ordinates (101001°101’100010.1110000111’’N 1001000°110’11010.100010’’O) is in binary - which, if I calculated it correctly should be 41°5’34.903’’N 72°6’26.34’’W (I'm assuming the 'O' = 'Ouest' ('west in French)). If so, the location given is Gardiners Island, just off Long Island, New York - a place where Captain William Kidd buried some treasure just before his death the following month (the treasure was actually dug up and used against him as evidence of his piracy in his trial). So yeah, in combination with the last set of co-ordinates indicating the resting place of the Whydah Gally, and this whole event being a treasure hunt where we make progress by pillaging, taking place just before a big naval update, the reward has to be something pirate-related.

0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 19, 2023, 8:01:48 PM
chasethecw wrote:
GrendelHime wrote:

First clue is a set of co-ordinates (41°53’26.183’’N 69°55’5.602’’W) that seem to indicate a location just off the coast of Massachusetts. Given there are no islands there, and the image used for the background for 'Treasure Hunt Hint 1' looks kind of like a pirate's treasure map I looked up the location of shipwrecks in the area and the closest I could find is the wreck of the Whydah Gally - the ship of pirate Captain Samuel Bellamy and his second-in-command, the better-known Edward "Blackbeard" Teach.


If I had to guess the final reward of this event is going to be unlocking Blackbeard as an avatar for all players - which seems kind of fitting seeing as we'll be getting the naval content rework soon.

Nice catch, best I could guess was it was off the coast of plymouth rock and thought maybe a pilgrim culture was getting hinted at.


That could be something interesting to view, indeed.

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Aug 20, 2023, 4:26:54 PM

No it keeps asking me how am I going to download it built the button does not activate.

The statement sounds more like a threat now

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Reply
Comment