Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
black screen on exit of humankind using epic launcher
PC
Epic
9 months ago
Feb 2, 2024, 12:35:32 AM

When I exit the game (humankind) from the main menu using the X top right. The screen goes black forever and I have to use task manager to close the game and go back to epic launcher. Its been like this for a long time. Its been like this over multiple updates. Anything I can try would be appreciated. 

Step by step of the bug
Step 1
play game humankind
Step 2
exit to main menu
Step 3
click the X button top right to exit
Step 4
Get black screen that never goes away. Program does not stop running.
General information
Category
Sub-category
Other
Other
Platform
Distribution
Game version
PC
Epic
1.0.26.4437 - George Sand Update
0Send private message
Were you able to reproduce the bug reported by harvest3?
Upvote
Upvote gauge
Investigating
CurrentDev.Username
Dev
Tyor
Hello! Could you please send the files requested in my answer to your bug report? It will help us investigate your issue. Thank you very much for your bug report!
Votes
Make your voice count
When will the bug be reviewed?
We try to look at all bug reports, but the more players confirm encountering a bug by upvoting it, the higher we will prioritize it. Investigating
How can I contribute?
In your next game, try to reproduce this bug. If you consider the bug important, click to upvote it.
upvote
Copied to clipboard!
8 months ago
Feb 7, 2024, 8:42:02 AM
PC
Epic
1.0.26.4437 - George Sand Update

Hello!

In order for us to fully investigate this issue we need the following:

- Your diagnostics logs. These are time stamped, and any time you close and relaunch the game, new ones are started. Please grab all diagnostics logs related to the session you were playing where the issue occurred. These are by default located in \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files

n user/library/ application support/humankind/Temporary Files

Thank you for taking the time to send us this report.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
Description
Please describe the bug you found and what you were doing just before it. You will have an opportunity to share files and screenshots later.
continue