logo amplifiers simplified

I propose, that I win the scenario

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Jul 14, 2022, 2:10:27 AM

Name: SUPREME Leader Cheddahbeast
Score: 16100

Save: Cheddahbeast_scenario_attempt1_16.1k.ctr

My comments: This playthrough was brought to you by this being my first game played on fast speed. The <1 turn time to build garrisons had me flooding the map with them just for the dopamine rush of having a construction complete on a single turn. This strategy I thought would be fine...its ok....industrial era I will go Ethiopians...Ill be PRINTING SCIENCE LIKE MONEY. I say this to warn all fellow scenario-ers - THE DLC FACTIONS (sans MISSISIPIANS) are NOT in this scenario. Dont be me, DONT have 100 garrisons and no Ethiopians. I'll give it another try, though if I do WORSE on the second attempt then the spreadsheets and in depth analysis are coming out.

Good luck to the rest of you!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 14, 2022, 3:01:33 PM

How did you play the Scenario Challenge 01: Summer Heat? 

I've saved it in the correct location (Steam > steamapps > common > Humankind > Public > ScenarioSaves
), but does not show up on load files...Am I doing anything wrong?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 14, 2022, 3:12:31 PM
MaskReady wrote:

I've saved it in the correct location (Steam > steamapps > common > Humankind > Public > ScenarioSaves

It's a save file. Add to Documents > Humankind > Save Files. And load game.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 15, 2022, 2:46:37 PM
MaskReady wrote:

You have to use the Battuta Beta version.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 16, 2022, 7:14:44 PM

Attempt #: 2

Score: 24150

Save: cheddahbeast_scenario_summer_heat_Attempt2.ctr

Comments: Its hard to tell if I actually did things smarter/lessons learned vs the previous run beyond not building 100 garrisons. This is actually the highest fame I've ever gotten in Humankind so its a win there nonetheless. I rushed getting the 4 natural wonders left/west of the starting spawn - this was very strong. I think I fumbled the bag in a few periods: 

- I was rushing final tier space agency etc and actually could NOT complete the mars mission because of a lack of access to oil (350 fame I could have gotten on the last turn), I was so far ahead??? had I spent the time just vassalizing 1-2 more AI I would have been able to easily produce these.

- Missing the forest for the trees -  when I would put so much effort into getting either a competitive feat done or getting fame from romans (I stayed in classical almost max stars for an unnecessary amount of time - LOOK AT THAT FLAT LINE OF FAME FOR LIKE 5 PRECIOUS TURNS AT END OF CLASSICAL ERA)

If I attempt again (I see someone with a MUCH better score has posted...what a shame)

- I don't think there's much fame left to grab via picking a different culture each era. To maximize fame I think transcendence is the way to go. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 17, 2022, 11:13:12 PM

OK OK I might be obsessed.

Attempt #: 3

Score: 28984

Save: Ok_NextTime.ctr

++ 100% as previously stated, transcendence is the way to go...I went babylonians as this allowed me constant research and food income (no need to build farms). I switched to persians in industrial to pump my research into production and for the -% on constructibles for rushing space missions etc. If I do again I would still go Babylonians or maybe Zhou as they allow science production without any researchers (+with cultural respect those aesthete stars from ancient era to industrial would be WILD fame)

-- ABSOLUTELY FUMBLED THE BAG IN CONTEMPORARY ERA . OH MY GOD.

- I wasted SO MUCH INDUSTRY AND TIME JUST PUMPING OUT COMMONS QUARTERS - my goal was to swap back to science (swedes) in final era and just get every tech etc...ALAS THIS WAS STOLEN FROM ME! I missed out on 4/5 end game techs! That would have put me 30.XX K fame! Also the opportunity cost of building all those districts to no benefit WHEW.

- I actually missed 1 combat and 2 expansionist stars in final era because the ONE AI I DECIDED TO KEEP AS MY ENEMY WAS ZULU and BEAT MY ASS ohhhh if I do this again and watch my line infantry just be destroyed my Impi again imma FREAK.

- Wonders. Due to the # of AI and how I keep being so slow in each era to grab stars. I miss out on fair bit of fame there.

I might have 1 more try in me to work on the above noted improvements - might make sense in the future for me to save at the end of each era and savescum endlessly until I can get the most exceptional era each time. The scores I'm seeing posted by some others are just so wild I had no idea you could even get that much fame in Humankind (this scenario is the highest I've ever gotten!).

Good luck to the rest!

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Jul 17, 2022, 11:30:46 PM
Cheddahbeast wrote:

OK OK I might be obsessed.

Attempt #: 3

Score: 28984

Save: Ok_NextTime.ctr

++ 100% as previously stated, transcendence is the way to go...I went babylonians as this allowed me constant research and food income (no need to build farms). I switched to persians in industrial to pump my research into production and for the -% on constructibles for rushing space missions etc. If I do again I would still go Babylonians or maybe Zhou as they allow science production without any researchers (+with cultural respect those aesthete stars from ancient era to industrial would be WILD fame)

-- ABSOLUTELY FUMBLED THE BAG IN CONTEMPORARY ERA . OH MY GOD.

- I wasted SO MUCH INDUSTRY AND TIME JUST PUMPING OUT COMMONS QUARTERS - my goal was to swap back to science (swedes) in final era and just get every tech etc...ALAS THIS WAS STOLEN FROM ME! I missed out on 4/5 end game techs! That would have put me 30.XX K fame! Also the opportunity cost of building all those districts to no benefit WHEW.

- I actually missed 1 combat and 2 expansionist stars in final era because the ONE AI I DECIDED TO KEEP AS MY ENEMY WAS ZULU and BEAT MY ASS ohhhh if I do this again and watch my line infantry just be destroyed my Impi again imma FREAK.

- Wonders. Due to the # of AI and how I keep being so slow in each era to grab stars. I miss out on fair bit of fame there.

I might have 1 more try in me to work on the above noted improvements - might make sense in the future for me to save at the end of each era and savescum endlessly until I can get the most exceptional era each time. The scores I'm seeing posted by some others are just so wild I had no idea you could even get that much fame in Humankind (this scenario is the highest I've ever gotten!).

Good luck to the rest!

If you want to win the first place, you need to keep trying. Maybe you can't understand the Chinese of this picture, but the numbers should be understandable to everyone. This is 32280 points in 116 rounds, from a friend of mine who studies games. Of course, after knowing his method of obtaining this score, I think it may be a little cheating,but he didn't use obvious vicious bugs.

0Send private message
Comment