Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

12T beat England, 13T win, 14T end, I'm the best player

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 30, 2022, 4:05:11 PM

Paris in the end. The challenge is so easy and I can beat England in 11t but can't win due to the war support.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 30, 2022, 5:56:21 PM

Congratulations!

However, @saxogrammaticus has also got a T12 victory (i.e. the turn England is made vassal). Although he's not posted his save game yet I think for fear of people copying his strategy.

So you are then first equal, I think. RN.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 30, 2022, 7:50:21 PM

Kudos, nice to see more competition! To clarify, I vassalized England on T10.

Not totally happy about withholding the save, but if it comes down to a straightforward set of optimizations, then I figure it would be anticompetitive at this point.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 31, 2022, 12:02:56 AM
saxogrammaticus wrote:

Not totally happy about withholding the save, but if it comes down to a straightforward set of optimizations, then I figure it would be anticompetitive at this point.

That's perfectly acceptible.

I made this complaint re: Summer Heat challenge before. It's not ideal.

FYI I have in fact loaded up @passingwind save game to analyze his strategy:

1. I can see from the diplomacy screen he DoW with only just 50+ War Support. (In my playthrough I waited until 80 for a formal war).
  2. I could see he used 2 armies of archers + swordsman to take out London. (The harder of the two cities).
  3. The optimal placement of garrisons and harbors for optimal unit movement logistics. (But I had already figured this out and practically had the identical infrastructure).
  4. First tech: War Summons. (Though I think this is obvious).
  5. No naval units. (Surprise! I love naval warfare so I always build at least 2 ships).

Armed with this knowledge I think I might make another playthrough to improve on my T29 score.

Thank you.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 31, 2022, 2:27:02 AM

You guys really do a good job. The way to win quickly is to vassal England. The key points is how to quickly capture the second city and accumulate enough war support, or more straightforward, to capture all three cities quickly. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to try again.

In addition, I really want some challenges about Player VS Player.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 31, 2022, 5:15:00 PM
  1. Surprise war works just fine.
  2. London takes longer to move troops to, and the terrain is less favorable.
  3. Optimal placement for Bordeaux seems to depend more on when you take the city/where you need to be that turn, but the arrangement above obviously works.
  4. Have not researched War Summons on any of the quick runs.
  5. Can think of one situation where naval units help, but that's about it!

Will also add, there is a winning Passage to Aquitaine above.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 1:34:22 PM
blackbutterfly wrote:
saxogrammaticus wrote:

That's perfectly acceptible.

I made this complaint re: Summer Heat challenge before. It's not ideal.

FYI I have in fact loaded up @passingwind save game to analyze his strategy:

1. I can see from the diplomacy screen he DoW with only just 50+ War Support. (In my playthrough I waited until 80 for a formal war).
  2. I could see he used 2 armies of archers + swordsman to take out London. (The harder of the two cities).
  3. The optimal placement of garrisons and harbors for optimal unit movement logistics. (But I had already figured this out and practically had the identical infrastructure).
  4. First tech: War Summons. (Though I think this is obvious).
  5. No naval units. (Surprise! I love naval warfare so I always build at least 2 ships).

Armed with this knowledge I think I might make another playthrough to improve on my T29 score.

Thank you.

To capture London is easy. I use 2 archers, 3 swordmen and 1 horseman to besiege London and win. The army of 5 archers don't join the battle, it's a strategic blunder to create that 5 archers. 

The key point is how to quickly capture Bordeaux. You could use a scout rider to reach the city faster than I do (use a horseman).

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 1, 2022, 3:46:11 PM

I try another way to rush the England, but I really get bad luck. England build the third city in the corner of the map. So although I capture London and Bordeaux in 10T but I can't win. The war system of Humankind really annoys me.

auto-save 4031.ctr

0Send private message
Comment