Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Bugged - Armies locked - turn 184 - giving up

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Sep 24, 2022, 3:09:28 AM

Five armies Locked in place after retreating from my besieged city.
- to reproduce: load the game, retreat from regular battle, retreat from city siege -> armies locked (also, city can be retaken in the same turn without any resistance from the AI, kinda weird mechanic)

I won the first war against green.
Green redeclared war 2 turns later because he got a lot of grievances (his religion/culture in territories I took in the forced surrender I imposed).
Orange declared war at the same time and was about to take my capital with industrial units.
Surrendered to Green to save my lands.

Survived a war vs Red as Green's vassal by avoiding battles and abandoning cities until Green managed to win (lucky).
Reached medieval era with 4 decent cities.
Contemporary Black and his vassal Red declared war vs my industrial liege Green.
I destroyed several Main Battle Tanks with archers... 5-10 damage at a time...
Requested freedom from Green while Black was besieging one of my cities. Green obliged, taking me out of the war without any land losses.
Sadly I decided to stop here due to the Locked armies (I wasn't really looking forward to the end game)

I probably would've had to get a new liege to survive another 3 eras before I could start to build the 100 unit armada required to steamroll contemporary era wars at humankind difficulty.
The plan was to raze the main plaza of most of their cities during war (crimes) to vassalize them one after the other in swift wars.

Too many weird mechanics need to be exploited to make such a challenge possible.

Looking forward to watching Cat-o-Nine-Tales and Jordan on the next stream attempt this challenge.

Save:

Mississippians Turn 184 - retreat army lock bug.ctr

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 24, 2022, 9:20:30 PM
Ansive wrote:

I probably would've had to get a new liege to survive another 3 eras before I could start to build the 100 unit armada required to steamroll contemporary era wars at humankind difficulty.
The plan was to raze the main plaza of most of their cities during war (crimes) to vassalize them one after the other in swift wars.

Too many weird mechanics need to be exploited to make such a challenge possible.

Yes, I haven't given it a serious try yet, but after a couple of quick starts to see what's it about, it looks like you either cheese every cheesable mechanic you can find or you get utterly destroyed.

0Send private message
Comment