Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

2 different save files between the blogpost and the contest post

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Sep 25, 2022, 3:04:40 PM

I felt it needed to be mentionned : the save file provided on the blogpost is https://medias.games2gether.com/forums/the-cat-o-nine-tales/Against_The_Odds_Scenario.ctr ; whereas on the contest post it is https://medias.games2gether.com/forums/the-cat-o-nine-tales/Against_The_Odds_Scenario-1.ctr

It's not a big problem though, players can edit and remove the -1 by themselves on the contest post savefile, but since you specifically stated "Please do not rename the save file. If you rename the save file, this change will not display correctly in game if we have to check the save", this could lead to having two different savefiles posted by players if not corrected.

So I'd suggest correcting the savefile provided on the contest post.

Cheers,
Waykot.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 25, 2022, 7:43:07 PM

The renaming was meant for your entry save you upload. If you rename that file in windows explorer, the in game name will not change and may have wrong information.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 25, 2022, 8:55:00 PM

That's true, that's how I understood the sentence as well.

Actually it seems that the added -1 to the savefile on the contest post doesn't affect the name at all. When loading the file, the name appears correctly in the load menu.

If you overwrite this file when saving, it will generate a new file in your Documents/Humankind/Save FIles folder with the correct name Against_The_Odds_Scenario.ctr

0Send private message
2 years ago
Sep 26, 2022, 7:38:50 AM

Hey, just to confirm:

They are the same save-file.

Unfortunately, just linking to the save file I had already uploaded with the blogpost didn't work, so G2G ended up creating a duplicate when the file was uploaded.

And as shakee said: The renaming is about the save files you create for your submission. E.g. If you named your save "Scenario-Victory" and then renamed the file to "Waykout-Turn75" in Windows, it would still show up as "Scenario-Victory" in the in-game save browser, making it much harder to identify.

0Send private message
Comment