Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

666 Kills

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 29, 2023, 11:02:46 AM

Swedes Turn 150 order 666.ctr

This challenge is less a matter of how good you are militaristic, and more how much time you are willing to repeat the same thing over and over again. Theoretically, it's possible to hit four digits in kill count. If you are super lucky with rng and are willing to spend days doing it, you might be able to hit 5 digits, though that requires you conquering the whole map as quickly as possible, then get as close to 2 population a turn in every territory on the map, which i can't see happening realistically.
 Since the whole challenge is borked, i decided to have a 666 kill count

For anybody who wants a hint of how it's screwed up?

1. Liberate a city

2. Have MVP attack it

3. ????

4. Repeat each turn

The challenge would have been much more interesting if you couldn't cheese it like this, but it still was a good thought experiment before running into the cheese. I look foward to the next challenge!

0Send private message
a year ago
May 29, 2023, 8:02:40 PM

Yup, I did the same thing, but I wasn't willing to do it from the very beginning, so I only started after I conquered the starting continent. Even then it was really boring at the end.

Just two points you didn't mention, but I imagine you also applied:

- Do it with at least two cities in a one-turn range from MVP, so the pop can grow to at least 4 before you attack again.

- Avoid the technologies that improve the city defender troop (especially later on, so they never get ranged units).

0Send private message
a year ago
May 29, 2023, 9:59:59 PM

Avoiding the troop technologies i feel was obvious so didn't even think of mentioning it. And i just had my other cities build scouts all game, send them over to this city and disbanded them, so the mvp never need to move. Which becomes necessary when using organized warfare to bypass the one turn attack limit on a city, allowing him to kill as many troops as you have population in your empire

0Send private message
a year ago
May 31, 2023, 9:04:15 AM

Nice work!  And 666 is a nice target -- so much more accessible than aiming at verse 3:31 of the Book of Mozilla (Red Letter Edition):

"And the beast shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million keyboards like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of Mammon shall tremble."

As for this challenge being cheesy, well ... I reckon *all* of these contests have been about finding the cheese in some reasonably-accessible spot!

For me: spinning the RNG in the hopes of a better outcome isn't an acceptable strategy, as it's far too time-consuming and boring.

I set my personal goal of averaging 1 kill/turn (i.e. 150 kills) when I got to about T100 in my first game, got worried about how much longer the grind would continue; then peeked at the leaderboard, found that the turn limit was 150, and that 150 kills would put me ahead of the current leader (on 149 kills, I believe). I was very sure that 2 kills/turn was feasible, probably 4 kills/turn, and maybe even 8 kills/turn -- but I was happy to leave that to others, especially since I'm not particularly clever at finding cheesy strategies ;-)

My easily-accessible cheese was to have my hero travelling in a pack when attacking a new city.  The others in the pack would take out the troops (if any) with missiles, allowing the city's sword-bearing cannon-fodder to kill themselves on the hero.   Once a civ was beaten into vassalisation, it was easy-peasy to schedule the wars so that the hero could visit cities that had few (or no) troops with missiles, but with at least 6 citizens eager to throw themselves at my hero... until the last few turns, when rifles were issued to the city militia... but by then I was well over my 150 goal.

0Send private message
Comment