Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Idea] Improvable Artisan and Strategic Quarter

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 4:01:44 PM

Since, in the real world, the value of goods varies according to its demand and the most requested goods receive greater investment, it would be neat to apply a more realistic mechanic to the Artisan and Strategic Quarter (Luxury and Strategic Resource Deposit exploited) by making additional gains dependent on the relevant districts based on the number of empires that buy the aforementioned resources.

What about something like:

• +2 Money on Artisan Quarter per number of Empire Buyer
  • +2 Money on Expoited Strategic Resource Deposit per number of Empire Buyer
  • +2 Industry on Artisan Quarter per number of Empire Buyer
  • +2 Industry on Expoited Strategic Resource Deposit per number of Empire Buyer

Some cultures may even play with this system by improving its basic value in a similar way to how Nubians's LT improves Deposits.

Another idea:

• what if Artisan Quarter and Expoited Strategic Resource gave +1 Workers Slot on City or Outpost? This addition would reflect reality as resource deposits offer work to people.

PS: these bonuses may even be obtained/buffed by some infrastructures (exs: Artisan Workshop, Commodity Market, Manufactory, Factory, Automated Factory, Financial District)

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 4:06:01 PM

Interesting idea!  I'm not sure if I'm on board with those +2money/industry gains specifically, but I really like the idea of benefitting more the more empires have purchased those, and definitely for some culture/civic/some sort of unique benefit "per purchase" as opening up more mechanics.  Neat idea!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 5:45:31 PM

Trade is the benefit: prices should go up. I already adovacted for a market but it won't happen.
While I could understand a gold bonus on an artisan quarter, I've an issue with the production bonus: it doesn't make sense to me.
I like the additionnal slot however.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 5:52:14 PM
Cure_off wrote:
While I could understand a gold bonus on an artisan quarter, I've an issue with the production bonus: it doesn't make sense to me.

That Resources Deposit, with the increase in "popularity" and consequently also of the funds, can afford to be better exploited by increasing the workforce and thus being able to produce more

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 6:27:57 PM

Still not convinced, the game doesn't go that way.

Imagine a game:

1. where a player A has a deposit of tea and a population of 20. The deposit is enough for all 20 pop.
  2. By trading it with the player B who also has a population of 20, the deposit is still enough for the now 40 pop and you want to represent it with a slight increase in yield.
  3. But later in the game, player B doesn't buy tea anymore, the deposit is only for player's A population. However, said population grew to be 50.
  4. As there's no trade, the deposit, while now generating tea for 25% more population than in #2 doesn't get a boost.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 6:55:25 PM
Cure_off wrote:

Still not convinced, the game doesn't go that way.

Imagine a game:

1. where a player A has a deposit of tea and a population of 20. The deposit is enough for all 20 pop.
  2. By trading it with the player B who also has a population of 20, the deposit is still enough for the now 40 pop and you want to represent it with a slight increase in yield.
  3. But later in the game, player B doesn't buy tea anymore, the deposit is only for player's A population. However, said population grew to be 50.
  4. As there's no trade, the deposit, while now generating tea for 25% more population than in #2 doesn't get a boost.

As I previously wrote, I would opt for buffing, in this case, the Tea Deposit even with infrastructures. In addition, while player A owns the Deposit, player B doesn't, so he has to pay for access to the Resource and the work behind it, therefore, the Money raised from this purchase is greater and can support a major investment on the Deposit even though it provides fewer people

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 26, 2022, 11:34:02 PM

A1y0sh4 wrote:

That Resources Deposit, with the increase in "popularity" and consequently also of the funds, can afford to be better exploited by increasing the workforce and thus being able to produce more

And I showed that situations will arise, in which the deposit will produce more without being funded, which makes no sense.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 27, 2022, 4:02:10 AM
Cure_off wrote:

A1y0sh4 wrote:

And I showed that situations will arise, in which the deposit will produce more without being funded, which makes no sense.

On its own the deposit should be able to supply your entire population, if you want to increase its production so that each person would be able to receive even more from the it, you should fund it yourself building infrastructures

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 13, 2022, 8:23:01 PM

Thinking again about this thread I think that even  the buyer should gain something from "better funded" resource deposit. One of my ideas would be to remove the stability bonus from luxury resources and make it depent on empire  buyer (+1 Stability per empire buyer to whoever has access to the resource) and maybe I would extend it even to the strategic resources 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 16, 2023, 5:42:41 PM

Ps: reading my last post again, I remembered that someone suggested to add natural gas as a strategic resource. I think that these two suggestions might synergies well

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment