Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Economy] Add depth to the Resource depots system

PopulationDiplomacyTrade RoutesEconomy

a year ago
Apr 3, 2023, 7:11:01 AM

Since, in the real world, the value of goods varies according to its demand and the most requested goods receive greater investment, it would be neat to apply a more realistic mechanic to the Artisan and Strategic Quarter (Luxury and Strategic Resource Deposit exploited) by making additional gains dependent on the relevant districts based on the number of empires that buy the aforementioned resources.

What about something like:

• +2 Money on Artisan Quarter per number of Empire Buyer
  • +2 Money on Expoited Strategic Resource Deposit per number of Empire Buyer
  • +2 Industry on Artisan Quarter per number of Empire Buyer
  • +2 Industry on Expoited Strategic Resource Deposit per number of Empire Buyer

Some cultures may even play with this system by improving its basic value in a similar way to how Nubians's LT improves Deposits.

In order to also reduce the stability snowballing caused by the overbuying of Luxury resources, I would give +1 Stability to both the owner and the buyer of the Resource for the number of its buyers instead of the static +4 (ex: you have a Luxury resource that no one buys, you have +0 Stability from that depot. All of a sudden three empires buy your resource: now the access to the depot grants to all of you +3 Stability. In this case I would also add the Stability bonus also to Strategic resources but maybe I would also add an Inflation mechanic that avoids snowballing lowering the gold income from the resources you have in too much quantity and rising the ones that you lack of. The value that determines whether you have an abundance or the opposite of a certain material should be dependent on the numbers of the pops in your empire)

Another idea:

• what if Artisan Quarter and Expoited Strategic Resource gave +1 Workers Slot on City or Outpost? This addition would reflect reality as resource deposits offer work to people.

Note: I kindly remind you that, since 1M pts ideas shall potentially make its addition to the game, an upvote would be really appreciated.

Thank you for your support :)

Updated 25 days ago.
0Send private message

Greenlit

The GREENLIT status is given by the dev team to ideas they will really likely implement in the near future. Almost there!

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated a year ago

While we will not follow this idea exactly, we are planning to address the snowballing caused by luxury resources in a future update by overhauling the resource system.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message

Greenlit

The GREENLIT status is given by the dev team to ideas they will really likely implement in the near future. Almost there!

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated a year ago

While we will not follow this idea exactly, we are planning to address the snowballing caused by luxury resources in a future update by overhauling the resource system.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment