Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Can we please get some acknowledgement and ETA on when multiplayer will be fixed?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 30, 2021, 11:29:08 PM

Last dev post in this section of the forum a month ago. Please let us multiplayer fans have some hope!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 1, 2021, 7:09:34 PM
Drake22 wrote:

Last dev post in this section of the forum a month ago. Please let us multiplayer fans have some hope!

I'd just forget about the game for a few months/year. Get a refund if you still can and buy the game when it's actually finished. Besides the broken multiplayer, frequent crashes, terrible balance, untested mechanics added last second, and cut features, we're still waiting on mod tools so that at least some of the issues can be addressed by the community.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 1, 2021, 7:41:18 PM

+1 to what Cactapus said

I love Amplitude's past work, and I applauded their decision to delay the game over the Summer. But it's clear that the game is still unfinished for all the reasons you outlined, and I haven't touched the game in weeks myself.

It's disappointing that Amplitude won't be more forthcoming about being stuck in a bad spot. They rolled out a half-baked product that we can't even fix ourselves with modding tools, and it's already October. Speaking for myself, I'll be on hiatus from the game until we see some big patches or modding tools drop. Either way, I don't see myself buying another Amplitude game on release, that's for sure.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 2, 2021, 5:00:58 PM
PrinceCosmo wrote:

+1 to what Cactapus said

I love Amplitude's past work, and I applauded their decision to delay the game over the Summer. But it's clear that the game is still unfinished for all the reasons you outlined, and I haven't touched the game in weeks myself.

It's disappointing that Amplitude won't be more forthcoming about being stuck in a bad spot. They rolled out a half-baked product that we can't even fix ourselves with modding tools, and it's already October. Speaking for myself, I'll be on hiatus from the game until we see some big patches or modding tools drop. Either way, I don't see myself buying another Amplitude game on release, that's for sure.

Agreed. I was hopeful and told all my friends keenly waiting to play with me to give it a little time. Lack of communication has completely disappointed me with Amplitude. I finally brought myself to uninstall the game today as I have given up waiting for that "september patch".

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 24, 2021, 8:48:06 PM

After last news about patch, MP still not on list?! 

I am right, if I say that the game is dead? The HK Players League channel looks like Chernobyl dead zone ?

And I hoped so much...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 24, 2021, 9:14:04 PM

We did get this from the October Progress Update which would have been an indicator that MP fixes very likely won't come in the short term.

These issues have a wide variety of potential causes we need to tackle one at a time, and similarly, multiplayer connection issues involve a great number of variables that can make it difficult to reproduce them in our testing environment — in other words, these issues have proven more difficult to address than anticipated and as such have slowed down both the investigation and testing phases of some fixes.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 30, 2021, 3:36:49 AM
RedPhoenix596 wrote:
not a thing about multiplayer fixes in patch :(

I disagree. They fixed error generation which (should in theory) should hopefully reduce desync and crashes. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 30, 2021, 3:38:18 AM

But it's not clear to what extent that will improve. I did watch a multi - player - multi streamed game on Twitch just two days ago and they had approximately 2 + hours of uptime between a crash/de sync. I think all three players were in different parts of the UK .

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 11, 2021, 12:07:10 AM
Still leaves alot of room for improvement. I have had some success with 2-3 people with some desyncs, crashes, and disconnects. Tried with 8 and we couldn't even get past turn 5 since it was disconnect hell. 
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 30, 2021, 4:50:13 PM

Hi Folks,

My family just bought the game yesterday, and I have had it since pre-launch. 

When we Co-oped last night we had one disconnect, (had to restart the game/invite them in again), and now we are at (I think) turn 40. The game's red dot is always on (always in desync) yet it appears to play OK in desync mode. 

Question to anyone who has MP'ed to the end of the game: Does the game's desycing cause increasing disconnects? Or, it is not playable in desynch mode all the way to the end of the game without much (more) disconnects?

We are three humans + 3 AI, Large Map, 3 continents.

Thank you for any insight/esperience.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 27, 2022, 5:06:34 AM

I play this game with my brother daily, he is on steam and I'm game pass. When it crashes we just reload, it takes literally 5 seconds.

What's the issue?

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 26, 2022, 8:41:22 PM

I have a group of friends that have been trying to play MP since release. I would still love to get a full game in, I still have not seen the end game. None of us play SP games, we would love to be able to play this to completion. Just some information would be great.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Feb 28, 2022, 7:45:43 AM

The game is stable enough to be played in multiplayer, i played 50+ games by now on this discord server.

https://discord.gg/bSMtqa3unv

The balancing is still bad for multiplayer, but that can be resolved by using a balancing mod.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment