Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Plans for a new E-sport platform

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jan 28, 2021, 8:38:25 PM

now that we know that twitch drop's have been out and somewhat a success, is the following question whats next?

as it is now 4X game has not had a big present on twitch, but humankind might be the game to change that.

i could see a big 7 day's event in formal 1 style, having 3games X 8 houres running 24/7 whit bigger teams, going tryhard and really push 4X into a E-spot platform 

but this can go in many ways, so what would the community like to se in a twitch/humankind partnership? 

and what would make you follow a bigger humankind event? 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 28, 2021, 11:39:43 PM

Yeah, i think this is a great idea - I mentioned streaming multiplayer games here. I think having knowledgeable and decent commentators would make huge difference between boring and interesting games. Often, when I try to watch 4x games on Twitch, if I show up after the game has started, it takes a while to figure out what's going on. A commentator could change that in the way T900Official has changed the landscape of AoE II. Also significant would be limited turn times so we don't end up with very slow players. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 29, 2021, 1:09:00 AM

LETS CRASH THE E-SPORTS CIRCUIT WITH HUMANKIND!
XD
But seriously, sounds fun.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 29, 2021, 9:13:55 AM

4X genre and esports are on the opposite side of the spectrum. There's no point to force "professional competitiveness" just to see it fail spectacularly.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 29, 2021, 7:41:07 PM

Yeah, the (often painfully) slow traditional 4xes and the fast-paced world of esports are in many ways opposed to each other, but Humankind has several advantages, namely being faster than games like Civ, and having diplomatic relations as a proper game mechanic, instead of something part of the AI.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jan 30, 2021, 1:17:45 AM
Sublustris wrote:

4X genre and esports are on the opposite side of the spectrum. There's no point to force "professional competitiveness" just to see it fail spectacularly.

Don't be so pessimistic! Though I doubt 4x would ever achieve anything like the popularity of some esports, just look at the thousands of views 4x let's plays get on youtube. Also, don't forget that people watch cricket too.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Feb 15, 2021, 2:43:47 PM
difficult: 4x games are complex and time intensive, this is the genre, all others no fun for such a player community 
(and less duels more random/diplo matches with much players). 
We have experience in organisating of such tournaments, it is hard to get player for ending. A good method can be Hotseat/PBEM/Pitboss.
And about complexity -> means using exploits, and not use it for esport, only for fun multiplayer.
You need at least a  year to get out big bugs and getting a hard level player community. I'm interested to create a multiplayer page for humankind (and organisating tournaments and lans), but only when showing interest (and game has a good multiplayer mode) and we get an admin (can overtake this at start). 
ocawn wrote:
Sublustris wrote:

Don't be so pessimistic! Though I doubt 4x would ever achieve anything like the popularity of some esports, just look at the thousands of views 4x let's plays get on youtube. Also, don't forget that people watch cricket too.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 27, 2021, 10:05:23 PM

If we get a ladders with auto matching, replays with auto uploads and observations features, and all this supported by game, I do not see why it can not competes?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 9:16:24 PM

Please no, as soon as devs start noticing and balancing only for "competitive" it ends up hurting the casual and fun parts of the game in the sake of "balance"

A competittive side has to arise organically and not propped up hurting the casual majority players.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment