Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[MOD] Adds a game setup menu option: disable turn limit

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 10, 2021, 7:13:09 PM

The mod adds an option to the Humankind game setup that will disable the turn limit regardless of which end game conditions you choose. It was tested in Blitz and Normal game speed, but it should work in any game speed (if it doesn't, please report this). It will work in multiplayer as long as all human players have the mod installed. 

You can choose to turn off the game limit on a per-game basis using a drop down in the Pace section when you're setting up a game. 

You can download the mod HERE.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 10, 2021, 8:52:04 PM

I'd like to add as a warning that the game consistently has problems handling games that go way past the turn limit (in any speed), so mods like this will likely cause games to eventually crash or get stuck in turn pending.

By all means give it a go, just keep that warning in mind.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 10, 2021, 9:37:00 PM
Arkalis wrote:

I'd like to add as a warning that the game consistently has problems handling games that go way past the turn limit (in any speed), so mods like this will likely cause games to eventually crash or get stuck in turn pending.

Thank you for pointing this out. I will update the download description to include this warning. Do you know if there is any specific turn number beyond which people should avoid playing or does it vary by game/system/other characteristic?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 10, 2021, 11:13:58 PM
AOM wrote:
Arkalis wrote:

Thank you for pointing this out. I will update the download description to include this warning. Do you know if there is any specific turn number beyond which people should avoid playing or does it vary by game/system/other characteristic?

Nothing consistent, as I've heard about reports ranging from 451 (Normal) and 722 up to one case I saw on turn 1200 posted on the bug report forum.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 11, 2021, 12:11:39 AM

Thank you again. The download description is updated now to reflect the information in your first post, so people will be aware of this known issue with mods that allow excess turns.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 11, 2021, 3:35:23 PM
AOM wrote:

Thank you again. The download description is updated now to reflect the information in your first post, so people will be aware of this known issue with mods that allow excess turns.

Thanks for adding the warning and good job with the modding!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment