Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Religion? God(s) move in mysterious ways.

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Oct 23, 2020, 12:53:15 AM

I've only played the scenario once so far, and I'm used to Amplitude games being a little opaque (but utterly worth it once you get past the translation issues), but religion was the biggest problem for me.

I can honestly say I don't have a clue how any of it works. At all.

Faith didn't seem to match what I thought I'd be producing in each city, I have no idea why my religion got founded when it did, and it just seemed utterly mysterious.

Partly that may be because my game finished just before I got any tenets (I presume!), as I thought I'd get to play the third era and not have the game finish as soon as I entered it.

In fact, I thought I had 100 turns to play 3 eras, not 46 to play 2 and then automatically finish - probably not a bug, right? Also didn't get any survey after the video thanking me for playing.

But I digress - does anyone understand why religion does what it does?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 23, 2020, 1:24:59 AM

Just seen someone else comment about playing in the classical error - did I experience a bug?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 23, 2020, 4:24:26 AM
punkass wrote:

Just seen someone else comment about playing in the classical error - did I experience a bug?

maybe. i had the same problem as you, so i just decided to not move on to era three for the remaining turns available. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 23, 2020, 6:09:23 AM

I believe (sorry had to be) that religion as presented so far, is still wip and it will probably be better to grasp when the game is out of the alpha or beta stage. That said I'm ofc no Dev.

As for what it is and what it does: I understand it like a second influence scale that provides certain boni to you, but also to potential followers. You can concentrate on your own religion, but also try to accumulate a foreign one. The boni granted vary strongly with the tenets picked. Religion founding is pretty easy (I think it was smth like you got 3 pop in your city!?) strengthening your religion is done mostly with buildings that create faith I think. I still need to wrap my own head around the system though. There is certainly someone who can explain it better than me. :)

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 23, 2020, 9:47:04 AM

I have not played the Stadia Opendev (don't have Stadia), but in the current VIP build, religion is considered a work in progress (still some kinks to work out).

HBumblebee is more/less correct. Unless something is different in the Opendev build, religion works in a similar fashion to influence. Spreading your religion to your people and to other factions populations increases your religious points allowing you to upgrade your religion and attain new bonuses from the religious tree (chart thing). Your factions main religious building, along with various Wonders, certain civilization specific buildings, and unlockable buildings increase faith (like religious influence). The more faith you have, the less likely your people are to be converted, the more likely you are to convert others, and so forth. Having a high population with a high percentage of them as believers in your faith will increase the number of bonuses/upgrades you can receive from the religious chart/tree/scale thing. 

(If any of this is outdated info or I am missing something, could any other testers just correct the outdated info, cuz religion is probably the part of the game I currently pay attention to the least). 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment