Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

UI Problems

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 23, 2021, 3:56:34 PM

Since this doesn't fit any of the Victor threads, here's some issues I have with the UI:

1. The tutorial popups often obscure parts of the screen they explain. It's usually an option different from what they're trying to get you to do at that moment, but you want to do something without dismissing the whole tutorial it's rather annoying. I also can't see any logic in which of them appear when.
  2. The placement detail view you get placing a district obscures the total sum of yields displayed over the tile if it's any higher than the lowest third of the screen, so using the detail view actually takes away vital information. The position could be adjusted or, preferably, the subtotal be added to the detail view.
  3. Similarly, there doesn't seem to be any total value for the Stability balance, which there really should be. I want to see how many districts I can place until my Stability starts to go down.
  4. Once you unlock the next era there is no way to see the current stars.
  5. I can't find a way to display the name of a region. Outposts are named for the region so that's fine I guess, but when I won a war and tried to get regions with cities from the enemy, I had to reload saves until I guessed the right region name. Am I just missing this?
  6. There's no way to change civilisation in the diplomacy menu without changing back to the relations tab. This should really be a one click thing, especially for stuff like looking for a specific trade resource.
  7. Some tooltips display controller mapping, such as the hover menu on the society map "Select with (A) to display a breakdown..."
I may amend this list if more crops up.
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 7:55:26 PM

8. The 'Close Menu' buttons are wildly inconsistently placed (I can think of at least 6 different places for the cross button and 1 without - in the Empire screen)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 28, 2021, 7:47:59 PM

Upgrading Units is tedious and annoying, there is no "upgrade all" or "upgrade all possible" button (See literally every other endless game that does this mostly right)
There really should be a trade tab that works per resource instead of per nation. It would make trading easier to understand and a little less tedious (again, no *buy all resources from this friend* button).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 29, 2021, 10:30:49 AM

10. the need to scroll through your entire build options list in the tiny city construction options screen (see my suggestion about this as well)

Edit:
11. Not all essential information is displayed on the main screen (like empire stability and amount of research). There are no direct buttons to different screens (research, wonders, tenets, civics) and overlays (like the trade map). (See my other suggestion on UI improvement. Felt like a bit too much to add here entirely, sorry for the different threads).

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment