I just finished this OpenDev and here are my comments.  My Lucy OpenDev feedback can be found here.  Anything comment marked with a + below is an improvement over Lucy, and anything marked with = is an unchanged opinion from Lucy.

Bugs:

• The loading times are really long. I don't remember the loading times for the Lucy OpenDev being this long, and Endless Legend definitely loads faster.
  • If you hover over a unit that's hidden in the Fog of War, you can still see a battle preview. This can help you locate enemy units that you aren't supposed to see due to the FoW. I told one of my units to attack that "invisible" army. They would arrive at the enemy's position in 3 turns and attack. However, I guess the enemy army moved when the turn ended. So the following turn my army still showed the waypoints to move/attack, but it did not move and was shown as an idle army despite there being waypoints defined for it. Issuing a new command fixed the idle status, but it was sort of awkward/weird.
  • = The pathfinding cursor still would still not consistently appear before moving my units around. In some cases, it would only show up if the endpoint of the action was a battle and not show up at all for simple movement.
  • Sometimes I would look at the pathfinding cursor for a unit, click, and then the game suddenly decided to change the path after I clicked so it's a far longer route and/or a route that goes in the opposite direction. By comparison, I never experienced pathfinding difficulties like this in Endless Legend. High ground and Fog of War would sometimes make this worse by making it look like you would be able to get to a particular high ground location only to find out that you had to walk around a mountain or something.
  • I somehow got the game into a weird state where it would always refuse to load any save and kick me back to the character select screen if I tried to load one. I finally got it to stop doing this by closing and reopening the game.
  • The opponent avatars would sometimes briefly T-pose in the War screen.
  • It looks like I cannot declare war and in the same turn attack an enemy unit for the opponent that I just declared war on. (I declared a Surprise War on a vassal.) After declaring war, an attack cursor would appear on the enemy unit, and my units would say "To battle!" or whatever. No battle would start though.
  • In the Society window, I see purple text placeholders in the tooltips that says things like "Tag_Empire_Ideology_Social_Conservative".

Battle:

• =I still do not like the Capture the Flag mechanic at all. I tried manual combat a bit more during this OpenDev but still dislike it so much that I mostly just used instant resolution for the battles this time around. I'm not going to rant about it much this time because I already did that during the Lucy OpenDev.
    • See my Lucy OpenDev post for details - almost all of my comments in the Battle section still apply.
    • (The tl;dr is that I think it is a HUGE step down from Endless Legend's combat because the goal is to camp on your flag and you're hopeless if an enemy's flag spawns on high ground or your flag spawns on low ground.)
  • + Unless I missed something, it looks like the Fog of War was removed from the battlefield. This is a definite plus.

Overall Gameplay:

• = It would be nice if there was a "Force Turn End" button which would end the turn even if there are idle armies. It's tedious to have to manually skip movements for each army. A single warning about idle armies is sufficient (like in the Endless games).
  • = I still don't like that the "Complete Movements" button is hidden in the all-in-one turn advancement button. It needs to be a separate button. For example, I had two armies at the start of a turn: Army 1 was an idle one whose last action was Skip and Army 2 was going to finish a movement during the current turn. The Turn button first displayed the idle icon because of my idle Army 1 so I had to deal with that first. Then I could click the button to make Army 2 finish its Move operation. Once that was done, then the button changed back to Idle because Army 2 was then idle. So then I had to deal with that. What was so bad about the Endless games having a separate button to finish army movements so you could deal with all idle armies at the same time?
  • The Cultural Conversion mechanic was unclear. I initially went with a militaristic culture which did not produce much Influence, and I kept getting warnings that a neighboring culture was converting mine. However, I did not notice any issues even when their conversion was 100% other than osmosis events which mostly seemed positive.  I guess I was expecting something like Peaceful Conversion in Endless Space.
  • The War Support mechanic was unclear. I was at war with a civilization, and they had 0/100 War Support while I had 76/100. But the game let me select surrender terms worth 176 War Support even though I had only 76. Why? Also, I had one civilization that I was at war with but could not seem to gain or lose support for over 100 turns.
  • = How to unlock things to spend Civics points on was still hard to understand. They seemed to just sort of show up at random. The tooltips did not help in understanding how they are unlocked. Do they really just unlock randomly? Really confusing mechanic.
  • I had two cities that were close to each other. City 1 was under siege and City 2 was not. I could not build units in City 2 because the game said that City 2 was bordering a battlefield. I found this to be annoying because City 2 was in a totally different region and not under siege so I assumed this was a bug. If it is intentional, then there should probably be a warning somewhere about building cities too close to one another.
  • I got a "Stole My Independent People" grievance from an opponent which said I had to pay 750 Money because "a previous grievance was no longer available". There didn't appear to be any way to pay them though.
  • It would be nice if there was more emphasis on how to gain Fame. My Fame sort of bounced around, and I didn't really understand why other than getting Stars, building Wonders, and completing World Events. Maybe a notification saying "You gained [amount] Fame from [action/event]" would be a good way to help people figure out where their Fame is coming from?
  • I feel like the Infrastructure improvements are sort of less useful than in Endless Legend because of the stars earned for building districts, researching, and making money. I tended to cheese Money and Science districts to try to rush to the next era before my opponents so I had more cultures to choose from.

UI:

• I got a tooltip that said that I discovered the Amazon River. Clicking on the tooltip zoomed on an area that didn't seem to contain a river. Somewhat nearby the zoom-in location I could see a river, but it was not clearly marked as the Amazon. Finally I figured out that it would be marked if you zoomed out at just the right zoom level. Zoom in too far, and there is no marker on the map. Zoom out too far, and there is also no marker on the map. It also seemed like the game was making a huge deal about this landmark but it didn't really have a purpose. There were no apparent gameplay bonuses from that river compared to other rivers.
  • + The new tooltips which show FIMSI when placing an outpost/district are very helpful. Excellent addition.
  • = I still think that selecting a culture is awkward because of the expand/collapse feature of the culture cards. If I'm reviewing the culture stats, I have to click twice to (1) select the next culture and (2) expand the card to see the stats and repeat the process for each culture I want to look at. It makes the process slow and frustrating. Can the cards just stay expanded or the cards be condensed so there is no need for expanding the cards?
  • The "Expert" label on the tooltips was a little confusing initially because I didn't really know what "Expert" was referring to. I initially thought it was the game difficulty, but after digging around in the settings a little I am now assuming that this label has to do with the tooltip level in the settings. If so, saying something like "Expert Tip" instead would be clearer.
  • Waypoint markers can cover FIMSI tooltip icons when placing an outpost on a tile that's not on the tile your unit is currently on.
  • = I still really do not like the layout of the Technology Screen It is spread out way too far across the screen, and it makes it hard to plan out research paths through the tree. It really needs a Compact Mode or the ability to zoom out like in Endless Space.
  • The number of tooltips that can be dismissed is better now, but there were still some of them that I could not find a way to dismiss without clicking on menu items. The Grievances, Veterancy, and Extractor Constructor tooltips are a few examples. Extractor Construction was the worst because you had to actually start an extractor placement and cancel it to dismiss the tooltip.
  • It would be nice if you could see the health of a ransacked enemy outpost in the menu that pops up when you click on it. Right now you can only see the health if you hover over the outpost.
  • I got a tooltip about creating my first city before my outpost was finished. Confusing.
  • = The color of the Faith icon still blends in with the white background in the Holy Site tooltip.
  • The Placement Details pop-up would not always show up when placing a district unless I scrolled/zoomed the map to just the right location.
  • It would be nice if the game remembered your Item Mode/List Mode preference across game sessions.
  • The Culture Change - Transcend tooltip almost completely covers the Cancel/Confirm buttons and cannot be dismissed.
  • It would be nice if the Cultural Transcendence menu listed details on the Fame bonus granted by the Legacy Trait. I had to transcend and then go back and look at my Empire Menu afterward to find out what the bonus did.
  • = The menu used to unlock Wonders was still hard to find because it's a button that's buried in the (mostly unrelated) All Cities and Outposts menu. I completely forgot to unlock my first Wonder because of this.
  • Sometimes when adding an Infrastructure to the build queue, the Infrastructures panel would automatically collapse and reopen which was visually jarring.