Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

General Feedbacks after ~1k turns

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 1:10:10 AM

Finally, another Open Dev! I really missed this game since the last time and am incredibly pleased to be here gathering my thoughts and feedbacks about this great game.

The game really did evolve since the Lucy Open Dev and it shows! Although I am a bit sad there is no patch note to have a concrete idea.

So, let us dive into the Victor Open Dev build!

BUGS

First things first, I would like to give my honest opinion about the state of the game: I am worried.

Since the last open dev, 4 months have passed, and I did not expect to see so many bugs for the date intended to be the initial release (which I will post in a different topic). You can argue that it was pushed back by 4 months, but it seems ambitious to have the game works perfectly by then.

In a single playthrough, I had to worry about bugs in many ways: visuals, IA, mechanics and even stability issues!

What worry me more, is that it is already be a huge problem in single player… And I cannot begin to imagine what it looks like for multiplayer matches.

I sincerely think you should either prioritize the stability of the game for the incoming months or delay the game further one, two or three more times. (even if it saddens me to say it)

Well, putting this note aside, let us continue to the usual feedback. ?

For clarity purpose: praise / criticism / suggestion. The rest is *just* context, comments, argumentation, or neutral observation.

UI

1. RESSOURCES PREVIEW: When building new districts, the green/red overview on each FIMSI is nice.
    The game really does not like non-workable districts like train stations or garrison. It will always suggest those as better district locations.

2. ERA STAR ADVANCEMENT: this is such a blessing!
    • Notches? Maybe add notches or some other way to have a grasp at how much is left. This could be especially for the Neolithic era. 
    • Which Star? You could as well show which of the three stars you are going for (first, second or third). This little information can be useful if you must choose between going to the next era or making fame.
       In this case, knowing easily if those stars will reward you lots of fame is valuable to take the right decision.
    • Orientation star? In the same regard as ‘b’, you can show the star on the verge on being unlocked is the kind related to your culture.
      Here is a little suggestion of where era stars could look like, considering my feedback. (picture below)

Current version (left) / Suggestion (right)

3. CIVICS POINTS ON ICON: Incredibly nice to have (was one of my criticism the last time)

4. CURRENT YEAR: I love this. It is a minor detail but add to the fun of the game and help to create a link to your game.
    Although, now it does not make any sense, you can research up through the industrial era before Jesus was born.

5. CITY BUILDING QUEUE: You can swap the order of the queued elements, but the one being built cannot be dragged (currently you must select another one to switch with the current being build). This makes it harder to reorder things and can be unclear at first.
    You should be able to drag the element being built as well.

6. OSMOSIS EVENT: When in scientific agreement, osmosis event often occur for science (or at least I believe it is what triggers it). But I never get to see what happens.
    Maybe those events were for techs I already unlocked? But then it should not be shown, shouldn’t it?

7. SECULARISM: The text did not specify that you lose the religion.
    And it can get somewhat frustrating when you are going for the Teutons.

8. NOTIFICATIONS: When you acknowledge notifications (with right click at least), they do not stay where they were, but swap place randomly. This is tiresome since you must search for it again when you want to see one again.
    The animation speed for opening and closing is also awfully slow and could be sped up a few times. (Maybe as an option?)

9. TOO LARGE: Some UI just do not fit in the screen, like the menu to create advanced colonies.

10. UI RESCALE: In my opinion, the game looks better at 80%. It is also the scale where every tooltip can fit in the screen. Maybe you can switch it to the base UI scale.
    • Bad rescale: But some menus are badly rescaled, like the Science Tree, the Civics the Next era Culture Choice or the Next Turn Button.

USER EXPERIENCE

1. KEYBOARD: qwerty mapping by default

2. BORDERLESS FULLSCREEN: I love it.
    Although I accidentally found the option to unlock the cursor.

3. LOADING SCREEN SHORTCUT: They are not updated when you change the shortcuts.

MUSIC

The music is incredible, the team you gathered, as well as Arnaud Roy really did a good job.

1. EVOLVING MUSIC: Based on what I understood in the feature focus regarding the music. The emblematic theme is supposed to change based on which culture you were in the past. This is interesting, but I did not notice it in this build.

2. COMBAT MUSIC: The music for combat is very good, but:
    • Few battle themes: Since the music always plays when you enter combat, it is easy to notice that there are few tracks. I would really love to have more tracks for those.
    • Not linked to culture: Another thing that I find a shame is that the combat music does not depend on the culture or era you are in.

3. MINI PLAYER: Would it be possible to add a mini player in the game, to see which music is being played, ask the game to put some music or skip one you do not like?

PACING

Pacing was really nice comparing to the last open dev. I really had time to feel the culture during the ~30-50 turns I could play it with until gathering the 7 stars.

But the pace does not seem to be fully under control yet. On my first run, when I reached the medieval era, everything went insane in only a few turns.

1. SCIENCE PACE: I really liked the pace I had for the Ancient to Medieval era. I had to choose carefully which tech I should go for since they would give significant advantages.
    And since the research pace is slow at first, the early cities also have the time to build the useful districts, infrastructures and dedicate time to train units.
    Early tech is also the time you bitterly regret not rushing army related techs when you see any expansionist/militarist coming in. It really feels like techs does have an impact in the early game.

2. FOOD PACE: This is a very strange one, because in some games, I had no trouble being overpopulated while in other I was painfully at almost 0 pop.
    I think this is because it is very easy to snowball, because you can get food from so many sources (Religion, Wonders, Districts, Techs, Armies, etc)
    • Deserted city loop: In one of my game, I just could not have any pop, because the IA were constantly at war with me. So, all my population were sacrificed for military purpose and I could not get any snowball going since I never had the infrastructures nor the population to start rolling.

3. CITY CAPS: This is such a nice rework. It is a lot easier to understand and does feel like there was indeed a limit to the grows I could manage in each game.
    • Any backslash? Although it is unclear of what would happen if I had to many cities. I get the fact that you can lose influence, but I have no idea of what this implies when you run out of it. (I did not test this, my bad)
    • City price: The price to make new cities is also a bit weird. Because you must spend tremendous amount or influence, or you can just buy a Settler who will pop a city easily with no real backslash or heavy cost.

4. STABILITY: While playing, I never had to worry about the stability of my cities. At least not to the extent where I had to release territories.

5. CITY INFRASTRUCTURES: In late game, I find that the cities have too much to do which is not necessarily a bad thing. The problem is that it is hard to see what you must prioritize without spending lots of time in each city.
    In the games I played, I often ended spamming the buyout option to do every infrastructure to simplify the city management.
    • Filter infrastructures: I remember seeing this in earlier Open Dev (maybe wrongly) and do not really understand why it is gone.
      It could be useful to have filters by FIMSI wields for constructible in cities.
       In later eras, this could be especially useful to have to help the player find the right infrastructures to do what he wants to do.
    • Icons: The arts are great, so I will not ask of them being removed.
       I just want to note the fact that it is hard to tell in a glimpse which infrastructure provide flat bonuses or based on population.
    • Infrastructure tier? It may be interesting to have a rough idea of the tier of the infrastructure (as in the era where it is unlocked), so you have an idea of which does provide bonuses interesting for early cities.

CIVICS

Civics really are an interesting part of this game mechanics. It incites the player to have stability and can shape its culture in many ways.

The general fact that you can now hover some effect to have an idea of what they do is magnificent as well. (status Celebrating for example)

1. IDEOLOGICAL AXIS:
    • Rework: The fact that the equilibrium between 2 opposite ideologies grant additional stability is great. It does makes you want to roleplay more since you often prefer to have concrete FIMSI bonuses than stability. Thus, you can feel like a despotic ruler in one game and like a humble counsellor the next.
    • Events: The new tooltips, in the event are a blessing since now you can check what is your culture is like before choosing what to do.
    • Collectivism vs Individualism: Particularly good.
    • Homeland vs World: Those two are similar, but also interesting to have.
       It is somewhat hard to chose for them early. Because you do not really know what you want to do early.
    • Liberty vs Authority: The authority ideology is useless.
      Authority gives “+4 turns before being converted by other’s influence on territories” while Liberty givers “+4 influence on territory”.
      But the fact is that influence can be used for:
      1. Influencing other’s territories
      2. Influencing your own territories (provide the same defensive ability as Authority)
      3. Gives you influence.
      Which means that Liberty does the exact same thing as Authority and more. The main difference being that it gives you influence that can be used for era stars, expansion, or wonders.
      On the other hand, Authority does not provide anything.
    • Tradition vs Progress: Clear and feels natural.
      Although I am not sure about the balance of Tradition, since when other powerful religion have as well, you are not granted to have bonuses wields in FIMSI.
      While with Progress, you are granted to have more Science wield every time.

2. UNDER INFLUENCE: It is very unclear of what you gain when you influence other’s territories. The same applies when you are under their influence.

3. UNLOCK CONDITION: Since some civics are gamechanger, it should be clear of what unlock each civics. I am specifically thinking about some key civics like irreligion or imperialist.

4. IRRELIGION: Those civics really are not clear
    • Secularism: This one does not imply that you lose the religious tab. (is it a bug?)
      And even if you lose the ability to manage religion, it is unclear of what happens to the tenants you had, the Legacy Traits of some cultures (Teutons) etc.
    • Atheism: This one is also unclear.
      It says you can build religious districts, but I could not.
      Is Atheism regarded as a religion in the game? (for Teutons EU’s ability and LT)
      What are the benefit for being atheist? I mean, you lose all tenants and possible extra wields. Would it not be more useful to go for another religion?

5. OSMOSIS: When an Osmosis event occurs, you cannot see which Civics the game is asking to replace.

AI

1. DIFFICULTY: I played my first game on Nation difficulty (medium), and then proceeded to the Humankind difficulty on all the next games (the hardest).
    In my first Humankind [the difficulty] game, I was constantly invaded by my two neighbours waging war against me at the same time. While I hardly had any army from wanting to play peacefully.
    But the following games were… strangely easy. It was still in Humankind [the difficulty, heh]. But the AI were just not so great. The battles were hard, I give you that. But they were just not doing so much fame.
    • Battle difficulty: The fact the AI on harder difficulty has better units is horrible.
      In Humankind difficulty, the AI just gain a +2 strength on all its units. Making it unforgiving in early era where you do not have enough resources to spam units and fight on 2v1.
       It also feels bad to be on the verge of defeat in a battle where you have 3 scouts and the enemy 1, just because it has +2 strength from difficulty and +1 from AI trait.
    • Fame difficulty: On the other hand, it did not feel like the AI was particularly better at the game. On Humankind difficulty, the AI still have a hard time to go beyond 8k fame, while I often reach 10k.

2. SURRENDERING: You can pretty much abuse the AI when surrendering… since when you surrender yourself to the AI and choose yourself what you want to let go and what you do not…
     Let us say I generate money at a fast pace, I can basically avoid any trouble by paying war compensations without cutting my FISMI revenues too much.

CULTURES

Err well. You probably already know and expect this but… Some cultures are very much broken comparing to others, but I will analyse each one I played below.
 I just want to add that in my opinion all LT and EQ should be roughly as powerful as others, just not in the same FIMSI.

1. EXPANSIONIST ORIENTATION: First, about this. I find the expansionist orientation to be bad. I never want to go expansionist except if I want to go to war with everyone.
    But because it implies going to war with everyone, I may not get anything if it turns out wrongly. 
    • Era stars: The era stars for expansionist are especially hard to get. You really must expand a lot to be able to have the 3 expansion stars.
       It almost feels like to get the 3 expansionist stars, you must start the era with 1 city or put everything in war during the era. You can also theoretically expand peacefully, but it takes quicky too much influence.
    • Ability: The Assimilate outpost ability is too situational in my opinion and not really viable as a mechanic.
      To make it work you must:
      1. Be at peace with the owner of the target (meaning no alliance or war)
      2. Pay the price each time the units dedicated to the assimilation of the outpost are swallowed in a battle
      3. Have access to the target (meaning that if the outpost is linked, you must have open borders)
      But because of all of this, it is so easy to negate the ability:
      1. By declaring war or entering alliance: you make the ability utterly useless.
      2. By attacking the army while they assimilate: you drain their money. Potentially preventing any further assimilation.
      3. By voiding “open borders”: you avoid having the city extra territories getting assimilated.

2. EGYPTIANS (run 1): They are fun!
    • Emblematic Unit (Markabata): This one can get useless quickly if you go for the Mayas or the Mauryan in classical though. But that is a thing the player must consider more than the devs.

3. CARTHAGINIANS (run 1): I really like this culture. They feel good and very polyvalent.
    It has all the things I love! Elephants, money, and industrial harbours.
    [This may in fact be one of my favourite culture in the game!] :D
    • Legacy Trait (“-50% on buyout”): Their LT is strong, even in late game.

4. BYZANTINES (run 1): Perfect for pacifist gameplay
    But this civ still may have the issue of drowning in money a bit too much. (refer to picture)
    • LT (“+5% money per alliance”): Their LT is perfect for pacifist, and nice to have some motivation for pacifist gameplay.
    • Emblematic Quarter (Hippodromes): Their EQ really does pack a punch.

Endgame statistic, showing the net increase in Money from Byzantines from Hippodromes.

5. JOSEONS (run 1): We can finally explore the industrial era! :D
    Aside from that, they are fun to play, but maybe because they are way too broken in science.
    [Man… I really am overjoyed and eager for the contemporary]
    • Outfit: I am not a fan of their outfit since it feels like it came from another game. I think it has too many details to it and thus does not fit well with the cartoonish look of the avatar.
    • LT (“+4 science on lake” & “+4 science on coastal water”): Their LT is the main problem here. It gives a boost absolutely insane allowing the player to research almost each remaining tech in ~1 turn (including industrial era), without even using the “scientific focus” ability. (refer to picture to have an idea)

Endgame statistic, showing the explosive Science of the Joseon, ending the game at ~21k science per turn.

6. PHOENICIANS (run 2): They feels off and are in my opinion the worst way to start a game. [And probably the worst of the game]
    Since they emphasise heavily on water, they really do not stand a chance against early aggression inland. And the fact that they cannot colonize islands territories make them utterly useless.
    • Merchant? The Phoenicians do have the merchant trait… But in ancient there is not much to trade.
    • LT (“-20% cost on buyout”): This one is strong, even in late game. [I will give them that at least]
    • EQ (Haven): The fact that their EQ is a bit hard to get is very inconvenient since you cannot benefit from their merchant gameplay until late in the era.
      In my opinion, this culture would be so much better if it would start off with the ability to build haven.
    • EQ vs food: There is also the fact that Harbours does provide a huge boost in food while their EQ do not have any grows wield (industry or food). You literally replace useful early food for money you do not have lots of use yet.
      In this regard, the Babylonian Astronomy House is a lot better, because it gives food AND science. And the Harappans Canal Network does not replace the Farmer Quarters.
      Considering this, I think it would be useful to let Phoenicians build Harbours as well. Or at least have the Haven gather more food.
    • EU (Bireme): The EU is very fit for early exploration… that is it.
      This unit can also ransack ports. But why would you do that as a merchant?
      [Yes, I am not a fan of boats as they are now. But I made a section about navy in general]
    • Naval culture without island colonies?! The fact that this culture is weak inland is okay… But then why does it not have the ability to go where it is strong?!
      [This is driving me crazy the more I think about it]
      Transport Galley is the first “Naval Transport” unit locked behind a Classical technology (the “Trade Expedition”), thus making Phoenicians painfully useless. I mean… they are basically a naval culture forced to be inland.
      In my opinion, this culture would be so much more viable if they could colonize island territories. [Maybe even viable huh]
    • Viable in Classical? Okay… then, maybe… maybe this culture is bad in Ancient only to be insane when going in Classical?
      Mh, nope. I mean, the Bireme is as strong as the Pentekonter.
      [Wait… Did I really transcend the culture I though was the worst in the game?]

7. TEUTONS (run 2): I really love the Deus Vult aura this culture has.
    And well… I kind of accidentally did choose Secularism when playing them, which felt odd since my religion tab was gone.
    • Irreligious Teuton: Not clear what it does to the LT and EU ability.

8. BABYLONIANS (run 3): They really do feel nice and well balanced. And the early science really is interesting to go for and the main reason to go for this culture. 
    • EQ (Astronomy House): Their EQ is a blessing of both science and food. Making it great as a soft starter for cities. It also plays its role more accurately than a science quarter for the ancient era.
    • LT (“+2 science per researched technology on Capital”): Their LT is just plainly useless in later eras.
      I get the idea to boost science in Ancient rather than Contemporary, but even in Ancient, it never gets so significant.
      In the Victor build, this means you can get up to 124 science per turn (62 techs). While late industrial tech needs ~15080 sciences (Aeronautics tech).
      When comparing it to the Phoenician LT, it pale in my opinion.

9. ROMANS (run 3): I really like their EU and LT. But their EQ feels strange.
    • EQ vs Expansionist: To get the most of your EQ (triumphal Arch), you must win war every 10 turns, because you get +5 influence and +10 stability on Victorious Cities (which last 10 turns after winning a war). This effect does fit more Militaristic than Expansionist. Because you need a war to win war… [I know right?]
      Which means that you will not be using much of the Expansionist ability to assimilate neighbouring outposts peacefully. Because you want to go to war, to be victorious.

10. FRANKS (run 3): Their LT and EU are really nice.
    • EQ (scriptorium): I personally preferred the way the scriptorium worked before.
      It really was interesting to have adjacency bonuses based on how many religious sites were next to it.

11. MUGHALS (run 3): Oddly enough, this was one of the most disappointing culture for me. Because I really loved it on paper, but it did not feel satisfying.
    I still really do love this culture for aesthetic reasons, elephant and the builder orientation.
    • EQ (Jama Masjid): I think the main problem with this culture resides in the fact that you can spam its EQ, making it feels like it is less powerful than it is (May be a bug though).
    • EU (Gajnal): The fact that this unit have a canon that does not damage fortification made it odd. It oddly feels less powerful to use it when you were expecting this.
      Its Speciality (move and fire) also did not match with my expectation at all when I went for it. I would have seen this unit more as a movable artillery than a mounted musket.

12. OLMECS (run 4): Stronger than I expected and very interesting to play, because you can just skip influence infrastructure for a while to focus on other things.
    It also incentivise the player to claim lots of territories quickly.
    This culture feels like it is better than expansionist cultures for expansion which is kind of fun. [Until the Winged Hussars Promachoi arrives] [Yes, they scare me]

13. GOTHS (run 4): Their bonus for ransack did not feels like it was working properly.

14. KHMERS (run 4): Really nice to play overhaul. I really love their EU, EQ and LT. Its one of my favorite!

15. DUTCH (run 4): Well… they are still way too broken regarding money. (refer to picture)

Endgame statistics, showing the explosive money generation coming from Dutch EQ

16. HARAPPANS (run 5): Errr, they do feel bad to play. Or maybe I did miss something. [Which is possible really]
    • EU (Runner): The Runner is an interesting unit. But not that useful.
      I thought this was powerful, because Runners are improved Scouts and you usually have plenty of after entering Ancient era.
      But in practice, they are still very weak compared to military units such as Warriors, so you can guess what can happens in front of Promachoi in Humankind. [damn this difficulty name!]
      In this case Promachoi at 23 strength vs 15 with Runners. [heh, feels like a zombie army]
      I was hoping they were a tad stronger, but oh well. It just stands to personal preference.
       Overhaul, I think they just make fine explorer and okay-ish ultra-early aggressor.
    • LT (“+1 Food on District producing Food” & “+1 food on Rivers”): The LT is okay, although a bit on the weak side.
    • EQ (Canal Network): This is the thing I do not understand.
      The EQ is just a famer quarter.
      With the uniqueness being:
      1. Cheaper than a farmer quarter (80 industry vs 95 for farmer quarters).
      2. Being considered as a river tile (synergy with the LT)
      3. Improving food districts wields by 1.
      I do not know if it is just me, but I find all those effects (except the price) to be utterly useless. It roughly translates in a +1 food for this quarter alone, and +2 food for each farmer adjacent. (1 bonus food being normal for farmer adjacency).

Thus I find this EQ to be uninteresting, but I may have misunderstood its purpose.
  17. GREEKS (run 5): I really like this one as well. Mostly for their Scientific orientation, the looks and the arts.
    • EQ (Amphitheatre): The rework of the amphitheatre is nice, but also strange.
      (Was previously +3 influence per era, is now replaced by science)
      In a way, its better suit the orientation of the culture. But in another way, it does feels forced. [I never heard of Amphitheatres being used for scientific research]

18. GHANAIANS (run 5): Not much to say here, except that I love their EU (Meharists) in this era. It really does have a lot of uses in an era where Cavalry plays such an important role.
    (this EU is a Cavalry unit with the Anti-Cavalry trait)

19. MING (run 5):
    • Outfit: I really am not a fan of their outfits (as well as the Joseon one), because they do feel like they are from a different game compared to the other outfits.
    • EU (Rocket Cart): the EU feels also weak, but it is mostly due to the fact that the animation does not feel powerful.

20. ASSYRIANS (run 6): Pretty hard to handle, but they do feels like a really good culture.
    • LT (“+1 land movement”): This one is incredible in my opinion, because it can change so much without breaking the game.
    • EU (Assyrian Raiders): They do feels like an incredible unit. Especially for early aggression. They can be used for harassing the enemy border with pillages and assimilating City Center.
    • EQ (Dunnu): Is it not just a regular garrison?
      Well okay I am not being honest, the Dunnu does not need tech and do not provide stability. [And that is it? What are you supposed to be using this for?!]
      I am sorry, but I really do not get the use of this district.

21. MAYA (run 6): Great! Love them!
    • EU (Noble Javelineers): The only thing that bother me is that it is hard to see when a unit is poisoned.
      You could add a visual effect to makes this clearer.

22. UMAYYADS (run 6):
    • LT (“+10 science per number of territories on all cities”): It is somewhat still unclear.
       If you have 10 territories, does it make 100 science in each city? Or does each city have 10*the number of territories attached?
    • EU (Haras): What do you mean “Drains additional stability during sieges”? How does that work? What does it do? I never saw any stability bar during a siege.

23. HAUDENOSAUNEE (run 6): They do feels like they sacrifice themselves for the greater good. Because I had so much population I was losing food and thus massively forced laboured them.
    • Models: I cannot unsee the fact that the units looks like they all have red bandanas.

24. HITTITES (encounter): WELL… Honestly, I think they are pretty good.
    • EU (Promachoi): THIS is scary! For me it feels like Cravers descended on earth.
      I do think they are really good to fight against and are really nice as they are.
      But on Humankind [again not the game...] they are so scary. You jump from kindergarten with its 3vs1 scout fights straight to hell.
      I mean… what could my 17 strength Warriors can hope to achieve vs a 23-steroid boosted Promachoi?
      Even if they stand on river while I have the high ground, I would be minced meat due to their Champion traits (17+4=21 < 24=23-3+4).
      Truly terrifying.

25. HUNS (encounter and ascending pannel): They are still way too broken.
    • EU (Hunnic Horde): Contrary to the Promachoi, Hunnic Horde does not feel like an epic fight in hell, it just feels like death row.
      I mean… having a unit that is:
      1. Strong: Hunnic Horde = 25 strength (22 base +3 from Hun’s LT) while hard counter like Lancer = 24=20+4 (from Anti-Cavalry) or Horsemen = 26 strength
      2. Cavalry (not affected by Zones of Control)
      3. Ranged (defender cannot reply)
      4. Act two times (One shot pretty often / Can rotate between units for attacking)
      5. Can self-replicate when pillaging / killing units.
      Excuse me but they should get nerfed!
      In my opinion, they should be around ~20 strength, which is still very powerful.

At least Mongols have more units to counter them in their era. (Mongol Horde = 29 strength while Pikemen = 35=31+4).
  26. EDO JAPANESE (ascending panel):
    • EU (Nagitana Samurai): Their EU seems to be not very powerful regarding their strength, the era they are in, and the fact they cannot retreat.

27. POLES (ascending panel): Why is the LT not a fortification icon? (picture below)

MAP

1. MAP ROTATION: Currently, the only option for orientating the map is to tilt it by ~30% temporarily.
    A nice option to have will be to be able to turn the map around and keep it that way.

2. NATURAL WONDERS: Natural Wonders are there, but do not make much of a difference.
    • Visual: The terrain is generally beautiful in this game and so does the wonders.
    • Bonuses: The bonuses they gives are unclear.
      Are the bonuses for the city in the territory? For all cities? (often +10 stability & money)
       What are the FIMSI bonuses? are they the wield of the tiles of the Wonders?
    • Vision bonus: This one I do not get at all. Why do wonders gives a bonus to vision? Especially mountains ones? Should they not stop vison? Does it woks?
    • Uses: After many games, I found out that Natural Wonders do not feels specials at all. They are gorgeous yes but the way they work passively do not make them interesting to have. You do not have to plan the city a certain way or make it the powerhouse of a specific FIMSI.
    • Not very unique: And because they almost always work the same way, you do not grieve over specific territories. You just think “oh well, better luck next time” and search for another territory hoping that it could have a wonder. And because of that, I almost always forget that I have a wonder in my territories and am only recalled their existence in the next game when I get the notification.
    • Improved Wonders: I know it is kind of far-fetched in Humankind. But I really loved some wonders in Endless Space, where you had a passive at first, and then could use the full potential after renovating them.
      It could be incredibly interesting and motivating to have a similar mechanic in Humankind.

3. STRATEGIC RESSOURCES “?” MARKERS: Interesting to have since you can fight before knowing which is it. I really like this since it allows players to have different layers of knowledge. It also allows for many gameplay perspectives regarding strategic resources.

4. SETTLERS: I find them very confusing to use. Since they can set up outposts AND create instantaneous cities from thin air.
    At first, I thought they were meant to upgrade outposts into cities. But it just does not work.
    In my opinion this should be an option since it does not seem less relevant than the usual option and can be used in interesting ways too.

5. RESSOURCES: When clicking on the resources you have (top right on the main screen), you should be able to navigate between those spots.

6. INDEPENDENT PEOPLES: When selecting an independent people army, you should see what your relationship with them is.
    It could also be useful to be able to click on their culture name to see where they are on the map.

7. SEARCH BAR: Currently, it is hard to find specific things like specific districts or resources.
    You could implement a search bar to see quickly where things are.
    Example: if I want to see if the English have Stronghold, I must manually search for them (eventually with the district output filter, but it stays quite inefficient).

8. PINS: You should be able to put pins on the map as reminder for various things. (“build a maker district here”, “Good spot for city n°4”, etc)

9. RAILROAD ON DEZOOMED MAP: You cannot see which are roads and railroads easily on the map & tact map. In my opinion, this is problematic in the scope of war, since you do not really know easily where you should put you units to cut reinforcements, retreat paths, or to control the map in general.
    It could be useful to have black lines (akin to real maps) to represent train railroads.

10. CONFIGURE WHEN THE ZOOM GO TACTIC: At the time, you cannot control when the tactic view will trigger when dezooming.
    I understand that for stability and performance issue, it is made this way specifically.
    But it could be nice to be able to configure the zoom.
    In this regard, it could also be useful to be able to configure when the resources icons and the like disappear.

11. MAP DEZOOM:
    • “Empire” zoom: This new zoom option feature really is great! It allows to zoom farther away than before makes it easier to see the empires from afar to have a better grasp of the scale of the empires. Truly magnificent.
    • “World” zoom: When your empire starts to become big, you want to be able to navigate easily between cities. But the fact that you cannot see the whole world on the screen makes it sometimes confusing as to where you are on the map.
      It would be perfect to add the possibility to have the whole map on the screen. Or at least the whole width/length.
    • “Contemplation” zoom: The game being as pretty as it is, it really lacks the ability to zoom very close to the cities and its people.
      Currently, the maximum zoom is too far away to incite the player to wander in its cities and is almost frustrating in some cases.
      You should add the ability to zoom closer! [Make it a LT I don’t know! I need it!]

12. DAY/NIGHTCYCLE: This… would be extraordinary.
    The game really is magnificent. But I cannot begin to imagine what it will looks like at night.

13. RESOURCES: When you unlock a new resource (Bronze, Iron, etc). The game should have a specific notification to show you where you could build some exploitation regarding those resources. This would save some time wandering the map to search for the resource you may have.

CITIES & DISTRICTS

1. CUT FOREST: Still useless.
    I mean, cutting the wood would grant 10 industry and takes 3 turns. While working the tile for 3 turns will grant you 9 industry… (with the forest improvement).
    Why would I ever want to cut down trees?
    Also, it does not predict what the wields will be when the forest will be cut.

2. PLANT FOREST: It still do not preview how the wield will change after planting a forest.
    If an army can cut down a forest, could they not also plant some?
    And somehow, planting forest does not always change the visuals on the tile. Which makes it harder to understand where forests are.

3. RELOCATING OUTPOST: When relocating an outpost, it should preview in the same way as the way it previews when planting a new one.

4. ADVANCED COLONIES: Why does outposts shows the different colony models if they all have the same prerequisites? What is the usefulness of going for a normal city when you can just have an advanced city for the same price?
    (Lucy used to have lots of turns for advanced ones, but you could simply straight up buy the city)

5. CITY MODE REMINDER: YES! This I really do love!
    The fact that the game now reminds you that there is a city in Science mode or Builder mode that can now stops is great!

6. HARBORS: Limit harbour to 1 per territory was the right call.
    It improves those quarters and incite the player to think over its placement for accessibility and wield purpose.

7. DISTRICT BUILDING SLOT: The district you can build anywhere, like luxury deposit, wonders, or garrison, which previously allowed to build other districts next to them, now forbit that.
    • Better planning: This restriction is a good idea, to force the player to think ahead when planning its city and not having it start from everywhere.
    • Useful Hamlet: This also makes the Hamlet district much more useful since it is one of the few that now allow this.
    • Too restrictive: However, it is currently not possible to construct next to those districts, even if they are linked to the City Center. (picture)
      In my opinion, I think you should be able to build next to them in such a case.

Not possible to construct district next to a wonder, even if it is linked to the City Center (in the upper right corner).

8.  SHED TRAIN STATIONS: They really are good! But it is a bit strange to grasp how they works.
    • Placement: At first, I thought I should place those quarter at the most inaccessible place on the territory, so that the railroad would be built over more tiles and my units would have easy access to more tiles. (Like how it works in Civ6).
       But in fact, you should build them where you want you units to have easy access to, because to take the railroads, they will have to go to the train station.
    • Mechanic: What they do is offer an easy access from a train station to another. There is no in-between, and that is not explained! (at least not clearly)
    • Movement effect: I think that to make it more understandable, the unit riding the rails should temporarily be shown as a train. To better show that the method of transportation is different and uses the Train Station. This would also help the player understand how trains works in the game.
    • Construction: When hovering with the Train Station in hand, you should be able to preview where the railroads will be. To see which territories are connected.
    • With others railroads? Does the railroad automatically connect with other empire? How does it work it is an enemy?
    • Ransack: Can you ransack railroads (not train station) to have better map control during war?
    • Visual: Why is there not any little train on the railroad? It would be so pretty!

9. DISTRICT ADJACENCY: I see you changed the adjacency bonuses for some districts.
    • Easier to build: In a way, it does make it easier to have bonuses from adjacency, because you just must jam lots of the same districts in a small space.
    • Less interesting: But the backslash from being easier is that it makes it almost too easy to get. The fact that you do not need to plan the way the city grows is a shame in my opinion.
    • Visual: It looks bad to be honest. Because jamming lots of the same district in the same aera is not visually as appealing as having a diversified city.
      But strangely, some did looks good this way. (especially Farmer Quarters)
      I think it mostly depends on what the culture district looks like when they are many.

10. RUINS: They are nice since they add a layer of atmosphere to the map.
    • Differences? Are they different if they are from different cultures?
    • Renovation? Would it be possible to Renovate Ruins to restore the destroyed district? It could be interesting to do so for Emblematic Quarters who cannot be built anymore (Although it may be used as an exploit to have more than 1 EQ per territory, or 2 City Centers)
    • Icon: The icon clear ruins do not catch the eye. Because it is the same icon as the Hamlet, it never strikes me as unique and do not catch my eye. 
    • Tile: The fact that the tile is not exploited is not visible enough, you should add some way to tell clearly that the tile is a wasteland for the city.
    • Action: When selecting clear ruins, the eligible districts are not visible. You should see in a glimpse where the ruins are with the usual preview used for districts. I spent too much time to search for them when I want to clear them. I always end to hover the entire region to trigger the green effect.

11. CURIOSITIES: Curiosity are still to shy to stay on screen and are easy to miss out.
    You should be able to check what they were based on the notification.

DIPLOMACY

1. INTERACTIONS’ DIALOGUES: They really feels more natural, but still lack a tad of fluidity in my opinion.

2. STRANGE REACTIONS: Why is my ally triggered when I forgive a grievance? Should he not be pleased?
    Did I do something wrong?

3. TREATY COOLDOWN UI: I think the UI need a simple way to tell if you can ask treaties in the main screen so that you do not have to open de diplomacy bar.

4. TRADING: The improvements are insanely good! It is so much clearer now!
    There are still a couple of things that bother me though:
    • Buying lots: When you buy lots of resources it gets tedious quickly.
      Click a civilization, display each resource individually, select buy, buy with selected transport, next, change the faction and repeat the whole process again.
      Could there not be an easier way to do this?
      Is it not possible to have a dedicated panel to see all resources available for trade?
    • Available? You just do not know when a resource is available to buy.
    • Price: You cannot see the price for a resource when you do not have enough money.
    • Blocked: When a route is blocked or destroyed, you cannot see where it was broken.
    • Imports/Exports on map: Imports/Exports are hard to see with the UI being active.
      You could have a map view dedicated to trade in the main screen.

5. OTHER EMPIRES CULTURE HISTORY: You cannot see what other empire did in previous era as you can with yourself.
    In my opinion, it should be useful to be able to check the Faction history of all faction.

6. JUST WANT TO BE FRIEND: On my 2nd run, I went with the idea of being the pacifist player who exchange and explore.
    I also set the difficulty to Humankind (the max) to try it and see.
    Oh boy… it was harsh.
    I already had a hard time to build friendly relation to my neighbours, but they did not even try to be peaceful!
    The yellow (on my west) and green (on the south) really wanted me dead and declared war on me as soon as they could. While I had no grievance from them nor did I ask for anything.
    Maybe it was the difficulty, but it was really nerve wracking to manage 2 wars start at the same time while your only distant ally broke the alliance.

7. GRIEVANCE: When triggering a grievance which is immediately forgotten, you cannot see what you did wrong.

WAR

1. SUPPRESSION/POISON: It could be very useful to have a visual effect for both of those.

2. WAR SUPPORT: When forcing surrender, the total war support total do not seem to correspond to the war support of both parties. (refer to picture)

Forcing surrender panel, with the total war support being 195 while blue have 100/100 and green 0/100.

3. INSTANT BATTLES: it is a great addition! No more forgetting to disable the switch.

4. RADIO EFFECT: It is strange to have units speaking with a radio filter (machine guns & Siege artillery) when you do not have discovered radio.

5. BATTLE SIZE: I really love the fact that the size of the battle changes dynamically depending on how many units there is.
    But I also find that it is unclear as to what the size will be. It makes me am a little worried for the industrial (and later) use of Siege Artillery, where you would prefer to have them outside of battles to use their ability to bombard.
    It is also unclear about how many units will be needed to increase the size of a battle.

6. REINFORCEMENTS: When units do get swallowed into a battle, it could be interesting to choose if you want some unit to reinforce or not. And if you chose not to, to have them keep their movement points.

7. RANSACKING: This feature is still very unclear to me.
    • Turns calculation: I thought that the number of turns to ransack was based on the strength of the army, but I keep having 7 turns ransacks (apart from sanctuary).
      The tooltip for ransack (on hovering) also do not tell how many health the district will lose and from what it is calculated from.
    • Ransacking strength bonuses (like the “Army Wage” civics): It is very unclear to me if they only apply for the number of turns needed for ransack or if they also concern those units when they enter a battle while they were ransacking.
    • Ask again after being attacked: When you are attacked by an enemy, it stops the army from ransacking. In my opinion, the ransacking should just resume as soon as the fight ends. This way the player will not forget to ransack the tile again.

8. CITY NAMES DO NOT MATCH: When forcing peace, the city names does not match the actual names of the cities. This is a major problem if I want a specific city for strategic resources for example.

9. WAR BUT ENEMY GET VASSALIZED: When a faction is vassalized by a player, others at war with it are in a very strange state. In my case, all the cities I captured were liberated and I was in a strange state where the war desire make it so I could theoretically force surrender but the UI for it could not be triggered. I eventually retook the city but could not do anything with it since it has the “Occupied” status.

10. VASSALISATION: The option for it should be greyed out when there is not enough war support.

11. FLEEING IA: I get that the IA does not like to lose battle. But the only way to successfully attack enemy unit without them retreating is either by having roughly the same strength as the enemy force, or by having the main force on reinforcements rather than attacking.
    My feedback for this stays the same as Lucy: I find that attacker should not have their movement points fully spent, or at least reinforcements should not. Because this is very tedious against 1 units armies that constantly flee.

12. DIFFICULTY MODIFIER: As I said am not a fan of virtual difficulty being raised by increasing the strength of the units…

13. PEACE DO NOT END FIGHTS: When forcing peace during fights, they do not stop. And that is a little odd.

14. ARTILLERY: MY GOD I LOVE THIS!!! [and once again I may be seen as a psychopath…]
    The fact that you can attack all nearby unit, district without entering a battle add to the depth of battle systems. [which is already more than what I could ask for]

Bombardment UI

I however have a few issues with it:
    • Units can get swallowed in the battle: This is a strange issue, let me explain.
      When setting a battle, you have a preview of the size of the battle. However, it does not include reinforcements.
      So, if like me, you like to set your units before the battle start, you may have the sad surprise of seeing your Siege Artillery inside the battle, because the number of units increased the size of the battle.
      Your artillery thus got swallowing in the conflict, trading its insane ability to bombard (with a 1 tile radius, so 6 tiles in total) for a 3 rounds attack.
      You thus cannot attack outside of the battle as well.
      Overhaul, I think the way it works is interesting, because it would incentivise the player to down artillery first.
       But the fact that you cannot reliably position your artillery beforehand is a serious problem, since you basically must wait 3 rounds before it can act, possibly turning the tide of the battle.
    • This ability is too hidden (at least for the Siege Artillery): I would never had found this if I were not doing my own unit tree. So, you must have at least a tooltip to show how it works, and the fact that it is different from the mortar and howitzer.
       [For those who do not know: Siege Artillery (and most probably bombers) has the “bombard” ability, which can be used anywhere, including on nearby battles. The units must have all its movement points to do so.]
    • Easy to miss-click: I find it easy to accidentally bombard something, because you forgot that you have more than one artillery piece.
       And when you want to select your army to finish them of, accidentally hurt yourself…
    • Bombard everywhere: You should be able to bombard everywhere you want if the unit can do so. Because, sometimes, you would prefer to aim slightly off to damage the enemy but not your troops.
    • Names of the units: This is a side note, but the name of the Siege artillery and the Howitzer do feel strange. In my opinion Howitzer better reflect the ww1&2 artillery whereas Field Artillery fit better for the Industrial/Victorian canons.

15. ENTRANCHEMENTS: I hope, I really do, that units will be able to create battle infrastructures such as trenches.
    Because, with the Siege Artillery going in, units will fall like flies, and you will want some way to either preserve your infantry or some way to hold the front line to defend your artillery.
    As such, some way to limit incoming damage could be especially useful.
    • City Districts: Of course, you could have special districts similar to garrisons such as bunkers (which in fact could be an infrastructure to improve garrisons).
    • On-the-Fly constructions: Those could prove to be incredible to have.
      I am thinking here of having armies being able to make on-the-fly construction, like trenches, sandbags, and the like. In the same way armies can plant outposts. But it could also be interesting to have them create some during battles.
    • Traps: You also could have defensive abilities such as minefields, barbwires, or tank traps. [But this is just me making suggestion based on games I play.]

16. LINE OF SIGHT: LoS is still confusing in some case, since you are not really sure what is blocking the sight. (refer to the picture below).
    It could help to have an icon instead of the cross, to symbolize what is blocking the view. This way, you know if you can do something about it or not.
    So, let us play a game, shall we?
    What is currently blocking the view? (as reminder, this unit is the Ironclad, with 5 range)
    Is it the Enemy Unit? The Fortification? (there but not visible) The district? The mountain?

Line of sight blocked by ~something~

Well,
    I killed the units: nope.
    Destroyed the fortifications, no can do.
    Ravaged the districts… and… nay.
    Well, it turns out I still cannot aim at it. [It was magic all along!]

Line of sight is indeed blocked by ~Something~ [Seriously thought, I have no idea what is blocking the sight.]

17. SIEGES: The “cut tree” ability said it can be used to shorten the time to make siege weapons like trebuchets. But I have no idea how it works concretely. It needs to be explained more explicitly.

18. FORTIFICATIONS: The rework of the fortifications is insanely good in my opinion!
    • Mounted units: The fact that mounted units cannot cross fortifications is such a good idea! Maybe I just did not notice this with Lucy, but this makes fortifications all the more interesting to have.
    • More resilient: They now can take a lot more before crumbling too. This is also great, because it now is interesting to go for better fortifications to stand against incoming armies.

19. TACTIC VIEW: Having the option to deactivate is nice, but you cannot see the boundaries of the battles.
    It could also be interesting to have tactic fortification, while being on the normal map.

20. ARMIES:
    • Order: You cannot rearrange the order of the units.
    • Upgrading: The view is not practical when you are upgrading units, because it just hide the lower layer.

AERIAL COMBAT

First time playing with them!! I am pleased as they are great but also a little bit confused.
The industrial ones just did not seem that useful for now. ['tis sad]

1. UNCLEAR: The way they are used is a bit mysterious. Since in industrial, they only grant vision. I could not try to fight other plane neither since I was too.
    You can also relocate them, but it is unclear what their range to relocate is.

2. VISION GRANTED: I really have no idea on what base the vision is granted. Is it the range in every direction? Does it match the territory limits? Why does this plane is flying over the Fog of War? (refer to picture below) Should it not reveal it?
    Damn, this is so confusing.
    Also, should they not provide a whole lot more vision?

(left : plane flying right over FoW / Right : vision granted = adjacent territories?)

Well, it turns out I eventually found out while taking the 2nd picture. I think that planes grant vision in every territory adjacent to the unit.
    Which can feel odd in some cases, where the plane cannot see 2 tiles away from its base.

3. VISUAL EFFECT: They look magnificent.

4. ADD FORMATION: It would be so incredible to have the planes in a formation when you have more than 1 in patrol!

5. AERODROME: In the late game I really had trouble to see where my planes and my aerodromes were. The districts filter did not help much neither to be honest.

NAVAL

There are things to say. A lot of things to say.

1. THE MAP: Firstly, I would like to speak about the map, which I find odd of a choice for naval focus.
    • Land everywhere: You can go anywhere on the main continent without dipping in water…
    • Few Coastal Water: The fact that you have few Coastal Waters does not help navy since, you can only use it fully in early modern era.
      Few Coastal Waters also mean you cannot move your ancients to medieval boats in safe spots for exploration without entering other faction’s territories. You then find yourself stuck from exploring since you cannot go beyond an empire who just do not want to have open borders.
      Since you cannot exploit tiles beyond your border, why not expand the coastal tile a little more? I think it would be perfect to have 3-4 tiles of coastal water before going to ocean tiles.
    • Territory nonsense: Territories should not cross too far from land, and barely in ocean in my opinion. (picture below)

Territory over Ocean tiles. [I mean… what even is this supposed to be?!]

• Small inner sea: The small inner sea (picture below) does not help in my opinion, since land units are better… on land. [wow]
      And naval units cannot really be useful as support as they are.
      The navy created in this spot also do not serve any purpose as soon as there is no war because they cannot go outside this puddle.

Inner sea next to the spawn

2. NAVY… TO DO WHAT? This question is the main problem I have with naval units in the current stage of the game.
    I will expose the abilities of Land units versus Naval one to have a rough idea of what the problem is.
    - Outposts: new territories can be colonized by land, navy cannot.
    - Strength: navy have more strength. But they function in the exact same way as land up to the Early Modern era. (where navy get 4 range with the carrack)
    It would be more interesting to have melee fight for embarked units, to incentivise further the choice of going navy.
    - Sea exploration: both can do. The main difference being that navy have more movement points and earlier access to deep sea. (in early modern: 3 for Caravel and 6 for Carracks).
    Which really is a sad comparison when you realize that navy cannot do anything in 2/3 of the map (being land).
    - Ransacking: The only things navy can ransack are trading harbours and some luxuries/oil.
    Which means there is no ransacking precious war resources to bleed the enemy.
    It also mean that if a harbour can be fortified the same way a land district can, then you can say bye to ransack navy and aggressive trade control.
    - Attack inland: both can do decent damage. But navy is so easy to avoid that it is laughable (having 1 range for 2/3rd of the game).

In short, navy is good (not great) vs embarked land units… that is it.

I really do not see any advantage in going for navy when you have so few things to do on water.

3. IMPROVE NAVY RANGE: To resolve the main issue I have with navy would be to give them more range. Probably as much as inland ranged units. Because, if you can have them inland, why not on boats?!
    This would resolve the issue of limited use for inland combats and further the gap between embarked units versus navy.

4. BOMBARDEMENTS: To go in line with the upgrade range ability. It would be coherent to have them transport some artillery as well.

5. EMBARQUED UNITS: This is one of the things I find the most confusing about naval combat for a lot of reasons:
    • Art & icon unchanged: When a land unit embark on sea, its appearance and damage change, okay. But not its icon, its art, and its land bonuses.
      You should see the art and icon of the boat the unit is using instead of the land unit. The land unit’s art should be kept as well, but as a reminder of which unit is onboard (see the suggestion below).

Current embarked unit attack UI (left) / Suggestion of what it should be imo (right)

• Land bonus: This really does not make any sense. When embarking, land unit keep their usual bonuses, such as Free Rider (Attack two times), Charge (bonus when attacking after moving), etc.

6. FORTIFIED HARBOR: I do not know here but does fortified harbour change the way navy interact with them?
    It could be interesting if it made them immune to ransacking and could avoid enemy navy to cross some chokepoints.

7. TERRAIN: I feel like what is lacking in naval combat is terrain variety. You just have Ocean Waters and Coastal Waters.
    Would it not be interesting to add weather, currents, or wind?
    Corals or Pearls could have an impact as well, no?

8. CANNOT REINFORCE: Sorry what? Why? Did I mess up something? It makes no sense that you can reinforce land battle but not on navy ones, does it?

9. OUTPOSTS: Navy cannot create outpost. Making exploration with them, frustrating.
    Maybe you can add a disembark action, consuming all movement point for disembarking and reembarking and making the unit more defenceless but allowing it to act inland in a 1 tile radius?

10. ZONE OF COUNTROL FROM LAND TO SEA? This really does not make any sense. A land unit has to spend an entire turn to embark but can pressure a naval unit nonetheless?
    It should really just be navy pressuring navy and land pressuring land.

11. MERGING LAND UNITS WITH NAVAL: In my opinion, it would be way better to incite the player to have navy by having a movement bonus (or anything similar) when merging naval units with land units.

12. HIGH SEA TRAITS: Why do ships who can navigate in high sea without penalty in later eras do not have the High Sea trait?

POSTMATCH RECAP

1. RECAP: I love the idea. It is very nice to see what you achieved, which era were your best and all that.
    But the animation is way too long.
    You could keep the pace per era, but rather than showing player after player, you could put them all in a list (refer to the picture below).
    This way you can see who did best in a second and it could be more enjoyable to have in multiplayer matches.
    And instead of having each civ being displayed, you could show the greatest culture of the said era.

Illustration of the idea to confront every player in the same panel, for quicker and more enjoyable outro [please do excuse the roughness of it, this is just a quickly made arrangement]

2. PODIUM: This is great!
    But you should be able to look at it again in 1 click from the graph board. (Not go through the cinematic of all players to do so)

3. STATISTICS: this is also great! I really love to rewind the game through endgame data.
    It just lacks a few things in my opinion:
    • Hide/Display players: The option to hide/display players. (and change the scale when needed be)
    • Religion: Religion should display the believer per religions (and the change of leader) instead of the state religion believer.
    • Images: The images should change depending on the different elements (culture of the city for the best city, number of turns in war, etc)
    • War duration: The longest war should display how many turns.
    • Hovering graph: On hovering the graph, you could have a cursor showing how much resources there is precisely (example in picture below)

Illustration of the idea to have indicator showing raw numbers based on the position of the cursor.

4. PAST GAMES: I hope you intend to add the option to view your pasted game scores.

ARTS

The arts of this game really are stunning. It is such a blessing in a game of this genre.

1. ARCHERS: It is nice to see that you are updating the many arts of this game, like the Archers unit which are a nice step up from last time.

2. JOSEON: Although I do not get why you changed to Joseon art. Personally, I found the previous one way better. This one seems strange next to all the other since it is a bit too colourful.

3. MODELS: The models are also very nice.
    I do have my concern though:
    • Scientific orientation: Would it be possible to have models specific for scientific cultures searching beyond their era?
    • Transcendence: Are there models planned for transcendence culture? (probably not I guess)
    • Vehicles: I really hope that vehicles (boats, planes, tanks) will get different looks based on cultures.
      Because as it is now, boats do feels boring to look at, since they all look the same.
      And I am really bored of the Americans modern tanks & planes being used as common units for everyone (like the Sherman, the Mustang, the F16, the B17…).

THANKS

Well, that is all for me for now.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed the game a lot more than last time, without clearly understanding why. But hey, that is a great thing!

If anything, it proves that you are doing the right things. ?

I really am looking forward the release and I cannot wait to see more of this!

[I may have already dug a little in the open dev files though… Ahah. Brazilians what a surprise. Ahah.]

This game really is a gem. It is great as it is and has to potential to be even greater in the future.
It was the right decision to push back the release. [even if it means I will go crazy in the meantime]

Again, great work to all of you guys!
Good luck to gather all the feedback, and for the incoming months.
And see you next time!

0Send private message
3 years ago
May 3, 2021, 1:38:11 AM

Had to take days off to read this but man was it worth it!

I completely agree with everything here. I'd especially like to add on the "worrying" state of the game.

To be clear, everything gameplay, art and music related is on point. A really great and solid base to expand upon.

The technical aspect of it though..

I'm sure it's an old build and the game has been pushed back for a reason, but still.. it's buggy indeed.

To add on your "bugs" section, I'd like to mention the performance side since I've got a pretty beefy rig.

I'm playing on a Ryzen 7 3700X, 32Gb of RAM and a RTX 3080FE, and the game is installed on a PCIE 4.0 SSD. With the game's resolution set to 1440p and the graphics to fantastic, I got ~120fps at the start and it degraded over time, to ~35fps around turn 75.

I sure do expect the performance to degrade over time on this kind of games, it's logical and not a problem. But here, it doesn't start that high and ends up quite low quite soon..

Sure, optimization is something tackled late in game development, but I hope it'll be done.

Maybe adding more graphical options could help? Having the choice of fine tuning our experience is one of the defining feature of PC Gaming and I sure would like to have these choices!

Beside, I agree with everything you said, and I can't wait to play the game!

Thanks for your feedback, loved reading it.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment