Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

I keep timing out.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:19:53 PM

Every time I try to start a game, it hangs on the loading screen for a while before a message pops up saying, "Connection To Server Timed Out After 30 Attempts." I have tried dozens upon dozens of times, both this morning and last night, all with the same result. (When I connected my Games2Gether account, this message stopped popping up, and it instead would just boot me to the title screen.)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:22:26 PM

Could you please try to reboot your computer really quick ? It's a known issue for us, and it seems it might fix it. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:56:34 PM

Rebooting did stop it from giving me the timing out message. Now it's been stuck on the loading screen for 15 minutes, cycling between bouts of "not responding".

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 12:57:35 PM

Could you please send your Diagnostics.log file ? (from my documents/humankind/temporary files).

Also, are you launching from Epic or Steam ? 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 16, 2021, 9:47:38 PM

I'm having the same problem. When it doesn't time out after 30 attempts it freezes just a little under fully loaded after starting the game (despite restarts and many attempts). This was in the Documents folder and the Temporary folder only had a readme. Hope this helps. Diagnostics.html 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 3:16:22 AM
NaZachetate wrote:

I'm having the same problem. When it doesn't time out after 30 attempts it freezes just a little under fully loaded after starting the game (despite restarts and many attempts). This was in the Documents folder and the Temporary folder only had a readme. Hope this helps. Diagnostics.html 

@NaZachetate Another really weird Diagnostic filer name link from You. Just like in that other thread. Usually they have like a date and such attached to it. It should look something like "Diagnostics (2021'06'14 @1618'26''685''').html" Not just "Diagnostics.html", or "Diagnostics-1.html". Really weird, like an empty html page, but written in Java when inspecting it. 

I think the devs have to look into that for sure, so it's not some trojan inserted or something. Hopefully You have not had anything happen to Your PC and are infected. Probably not. 

Hopefully it's nothing, just some other bug. Probably just me being overly cautious and paranoid about online security. :)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 11:26:38 PM

@Lord_Funk the same one actually, or it looks like the same one and looked blank when I tried to open it. I'm guessing this is just what it looks like when it installed and mine isn't working properly and generating the actual diagnostics file you described. I guess I'll try a full uninstall and start over since validating files didn't work.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 18, 2021, 2:05:30 PM

I started my first game yesterday and tried to load the save game today.  I'm also having the message 'Connection to Server Timed Out'.  What is the solution?

Thanks

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 18, 2021, 5:55:53 PM
I rebooted and it fixed itself.
ashwinhr wrote:

I started my first game yesterday and tried to load the save game today.  I'm also having the message 'Connection to Server Timed Out'.  What is the solution?

Thanks

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment