Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Some "neolitic bonus"?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 8:36:57 PM

I tried (after a "warming up" game) to play the game seriously, as someone who is yet accustomed.

I didn't find through the Neolitic Era much to say...which is something I'd love to sign.

The neolitic Era sounds a bit plain to me: after I've got my first star, I may strive to achieve another one or all three but...all this doesn't have quite an incidence on the future development of the culture. What about, I dunno, set some bonuses like "You've got the star in killing animals? your culture will get +1 strenght"...or will this make the game umbalanced?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 10:30:40 PM

From my experience, what you do in the Neolithic era has massive impacts on your game. The exploration part sort of dissapears if you do multiple replays since we are on the same map, but you still have many condiderations.

1. Leaving early means you get a better culture pick, but also denies you the Influence and Science you get. Do not underestimate how big of an impact staring the Ancient era with +40 Influence for hunting several animals compared to not doing so. The same applies to science.
  2. You are supposed to get a bonus yield to all pops for getting the science start. Didn't get it here, but I remember it was a thing in Victor.
  3. If you can be efficient, getting multiple stars is essentially free fame. The goal is to get the most, and while it might not seem like much, it will boost your end game score to go for the other stars.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 10:47:28 PM

The legacy trait you get from the science star is supposed to give you a choice between +Ind, +Sci (I think), or +Food per population, but it's currently bugged.

The neolithic stars are easy fame and you'd probably only really want to rush it if you absolutely needed whatever culture you were shooting for. Unfortunately, I think they indirectly made the science one take much longer with some tweaks this cycle.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 6:09:26 AM

I didn't actually consider those things you're saying, mostly because, since is the first time I play this beta, I am still "fresh" and in that state where you can't quite rationalize and put a feet on it.

But I do agree that, as you say, it's a great idea to farm some base on the Neolitic Era. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment