Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game stuck/crashing when quitting to desktop after a long play session

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 20, 2021, 7:34:29 PM
1. Summary / Title: Unable to quit game from main menu without crashing/freezing after playing for (an unknown) period of time.

2. Description: When hitting the "quit to desktop" in the main menu after completing a game or playing for several hours, game will go to a black screen and be stuck until you click somewhere which will cause a "humankind.exe is not responding" notification to popup. The game will continue to freeze even after leaving the game on the black screen overnight. I am playing on a strong system.

3. Steps to Reproduce: 1. Play a long session/finish a game  2. Press the "quit to main menu" button in the game menu  3. Press "exit to desktop" in the main menu.

4. Reproducibility: 4/5; has happened after each long session of playing but does not occur in short play sessions.

5. Expected Behavior: After hitting the "exit to desktop" button the game should quit to desktop and should (I believe?)  also open a link to the post-play survey for the closed beta.

6. Notes: I don't know what attachments would be needed to address this bug but here is the DxDiag report that I collected the day after the bug had occurred several times.

DxDiag: DxDiag.txt

Output logs: There was not "output_log.txt" file in \Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\AMPLITUDE Studios\Humankind\

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 20, 2021, 10:45:06 PM

I had the same issue twice in two game sessions.  First time, I got the "you didn't finish your game" survey.  Second time, nothing.  No post game survey at all.  Both times I had to use Task Manager to force quit.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment