Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Steam Workshop?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 31, 2021, 12:15:55 PM

When will the maps, and eventual mods, be available on Steam Workshop?  I'm really not interested in being forced to sign up for yet another site just to download some maps -- as amazing as some of them look.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 31, 2021, 9:48:05 PM
Gedemon wrote:

you can log in with your Steam account AFAIK. 

you always could. I think he is asking when the steam mod system, steam workshop, will be supported

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 11:38:26 PM

Correct -- it would be nice to download the maps / mods without having to set up yet another account on yet another site.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 2, 2021, 5:10:12 AM
BlazingImp77151 wrote:
Gedemon wrote:

you can log in with your Steam account AFAIK. 

you always could. I think he is asking when the steam mod system, steam workshop, will be supported

I suppose it won't be, unless they drop mod.io, but as they've picked it to be compatible with multiple versions of the game, not just Steam, I don't see that happening. If they used both, as a modder I'm not going to maintain multiple uploads, I'll use the one available to everyone.

Once the in game browser will work you won't need to go to any site to download mods anyway.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 10, 2021, 7:04:52 AM

Mods are being made for this game. You can download them here, and you don't need to sign up to download: https://gc2021.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

As far as Steam Workshop goes, I think some mods will need to be in .dll format which Steam doesn't allow. Any mod like that will never be available on Steam.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 10, 2021, 10:19:05 AM

I know that at least Civ5 DLL mods were available on steam, but then it was integrated with the modding framework of the game.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 13, 2021, 10:11:28 AM

Yeah, wondering myself.

I still have a nice map to share since I was too late for the map making contest and I began wondering how the community was going to exchange maps easily like in Steam Workshop

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 1:55:10 AM

It's cool that we can download them, but how do I install them to my game? I downloaded a bunch of maps on here and none of them are showing up in my game (or at least I am not seeing them right now) so do I need to move these into a folder somewhere on my computer? I haven't ever done something like this before and I am not finding any instructions on how to (yet, still searching).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 26, 2021, 12:07:42 PM

The steam workshop must be added pretty soon. To few possibilities to customize the game right now. The game starting to be boring.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 26, 2021, 9:59:08 PM

It won't even let me connect to mod.io -- keeps saying it will be "available soon".  Any of the maps I wanted I've had to manually install.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment