Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Custom Map Broken - Stuck on loading

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 8:14:52 PM

Hello,

I love the map editor tool in this game and spent a lot of hours making a custom map based on my own homebrew DnD campaign map.

Unfortunately it seems the map is now broken and just gets stuck on loading forever when I try to open it, even though other maps open fine.

Based on reading the diagnostic log, I'm guessing that it looks like the problem is because I created a landmark on accident, and then "erased" it with right click scrubbing it, and then drew on top of it with a different/new landmark. So there are 0 tiles for the original landmark, but there's still some sort of data/index entry for it existing, and I guess that just errors out?

I can attach the diagnostic file and the broken .hmap file.

Large - Tirislanna.hmap

Diagnostic_brokenMapEditorFile.html

I spent a lot of time and personal passion on this, and I'd really like for the map to not be lost forever if an awesome someone is able to help me recover the map.

Thanks,

TheEmperor30k

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 8:37:34 PM

Im having the same problem. My map is not loading after i first finished editing it and trying to access it again, but i dont think i deleted any landmarks tho so might be a different problem.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 23, 2021, 4:03:26 PM

Just wanted to make an update that I managed to salvage my custom map (albeit with the landmarks erased). It seems like there's some sort of bug with the landmarks that causes the file to read the wrong index or something and it looks like its just loading forever but it's actually a crash. Using Dembeor's post I was able to get into the Save.hms file and change some things that got my file back.

Having said that, I made a bunch of updates and I think the map is in a great spot. This is based off my homebrew DnD continent - Tirislanna! Below is my hand-drawn map from a while ago, you'll find the Humankind map is pretty similar! Spawns are "sorta" near where the various cities on the map are! Feel free to download and enjoy!

Tirislanna_V5.hmap

Installation

Download to:

Documents\Humankind\Maps

TheEmperor30k

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment