Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

'One ocean territory contains more land than water tile' when this isn't true? (map maker help)

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 12:23:10 PM

'One ocean territory contains more land than water tile' when no ocean territory contains more land than water.

Is this a bug, or can land territories not have more ocean than land tiles? (Since I have some land territories that have more water than land)

Might put up screenshots of my map to see if someone else can spot it

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 12:28:21 PM

https://imgur.com/a/9JyTxqV

Here are the screenshots - if you would like to help me to try to find the ocean territory that has more land than ocean tiles, be my guest lol

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 12:49:49 PM
Based on your pictures, it looks like you have land in your "north and south" poles, which i think just need to be one huge strip of ocean territory on the top and bottom of the map.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 1:25:49 PM

Hmm I deleted all the land on the poles, same message is coming up though. Ugh this is super annoying, I just want to play the map lol

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 1:46:34 PM

I just tested on a new tiny map, you can have land at the poles and it validates fine

There must be something else that is wrong

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 1:56:53 PM

Ok - I moved all of my ocean territories to a spare continent and the error still showed. Is there a hidden ocean territory somewhere?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 2:51:21 PM

I think it's an editor bug, you can play the map without many issues. They are planning an update with extra validation checks, especially pointing out which territories have an issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 5:53:42 PM

Yup, it was also a bug I encountered with Elhoim's Earth Map

That, and the spawn points not being in the right order : You place the first, then second..... and when you play you aren't in the right place, you open the map again and it's not 1 anymore, but 6

Either I'm a complete moron and 1=6, or it's bugged

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 2:28:33 PM
Rexeit wrote:
Either I'm a complete moron and 1=6, or it's bugged

They are re-ordered from bottom to top and left to right. So the most southern one is 1, and if they are in the same line with another, the leftmost one is 1.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 4:26:13 PM

Oh, so THAT'S what it was, I didn't understand it xD

That's a weird design choice :/

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment