Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Mac/Steam v1.0.25.4236 UI Freeze Repeatedly

Copied to clipboard!
8 months ago
Sep 16, 2023, 2:17:36 PM

Description: Since installing the Bonny Update (although, back to playing for 1st time in about 4 months), Humankind seems to "freeze" up (MacOS spinning beachball) at times (often repeatedly).  Just having it open with a game loaded (see attached save) causes it.  It will sometimes even apply to others apps as well, though not always.

I am running this on a Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB (MacOS 13.5.2 (22G91))

I got about 50 turns into the game before this started happening

TheCivEngineer_UI_Freeze.zip

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 17, 2023, 11:50:33 AM

I started a new game, same setup - made it to turn 140 or so before performance started to suffer.  

Although, this time it wasn't the spinning beachball - frame rate would just plummet and then recover for a short time.  Ultimately, I had to close the game and re-open to remedy.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 29, 2023, 5:36:17 PM

I'm having a similar problem with the spinning beach ball. I'm running an Intel MacBook Pro 16" (2019).

For me the problems didn't start with the Bonny update, but they seem worse since. Usually the freezes get worse as the game progresses, and in the late game combat with lots of units involved always freezes the game.

0Send private message
7 months ago
Sep 30, 2023, 7:00:22 PM
ayresnograces wrote:

I'm having a similar problem with the spinning beach ball. I'm running an Intel MacBook Pro 16" (2019).

For me the problems didn't start with the Bonny update, but they seem worse since. Usually the freezes get worse as the game progresses, and in the late game combat with lots of units involved always freezes the game.

Thanks for letting me know that it's not just me... I wish Amplitude would say something.

I've tried re-installing to no effect

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message