Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[PC/Steam, Initial Vauban update] Bombing a city center while its under Siege crashes the game

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 21, 2023, 3:30:15 AM

As in title, I was the Era 6 Indians and opened a siege against a city from the coast with battleships, then attacked a group of troops around its city center with a full stack of Multi-role fighters destroying the city center tile and resulting in the game hard freezing for several seconds, then random buttons and indicators from the UI became jumbled around the map and i could no longer perform any in game actions. I force shut down the game and reloaded the turn, instead just bombing the city without a siege. To note, I had the Pentagon built and it may or may not have been that Squadron's second attack during the siege I don't remember. I also had the Kaiserliche Werft, which may have affected the battleships used also, IDK the coding lmao. 

I imagine this could be reproduced by using bombers or multirole fighters to destroy a city center tile during a siege since then the city is gone and the siege freaks out. 

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
May 22, 2023, 10:27:51 AM

Hello @YaBoiJotaro! Thank you for the report. Do you happen to have a save and diagnostic logs for this?

Your save will be located by default here:

• PC: \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Save Files
  • Mac: This is hidden in the Libraries folder. You will need to do an internet search to find specific steps for your OS. Once the libraries folder is revealed, they are in /library/ application support/humankind/Save Files 

The diagnostics logs will be located by default here:

Diagnostic files: Select the correct file by looking at the name like "Diagnostics - 2020'10'11 @1407'46''" that gives you the date and hour which should correspond to a save file  (Note: these files need to be compressed as a zip or rar file or the upload will fail):

• PC: \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files 
  • Mac: \user\library\application support \ humankind \ Temporary Files 

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
May 23, 2023, 10:09:23 AM

Hello!

Thank you both for the bug report and thanks Docktorkain for the save! It has been sent to be investigate and we'll work on a solution.There is no real workaround this issue except, well not bombarding the main plaza.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message