Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Adding New Era Star Definitions

erastarprogressionmodding

a year ago Apr 26, 2023, 6:30:23 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to add new era star definitions to the game, e.g. based on the amount of cultural wonders, the access to strategic and luxury resources.

I have no issue modifying existing era star definitions, e.g. increasing the total amount of scientific stars to five levels. Whenever I define new era stars, however, the game crashes on the loading screen when attempting to create a new game.

The operation was canceled.
  at Amplitude.Mercury.Game.Game+<DoStart>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00157] in <868638c755684bffbe0cbc68aeac9327>:0 

at Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00019] in <0d6bf5b31b694b0d85e4ddbe2563372d>:0 

Perhaps, I missed some definition? I'm defining a Deeds Definition, Era Star Definition, Era Star UI Mappers, and Rpn Fame Definition, all within the Fame database. Am I missing something? Do I have to create duplicate definitions in the DLC databases? Or is adding new era stars no valid modding option?

Any help would be highly appreciated because the era star progression is kind of the only thing ruining the mid to late game for me.

Selected answer
a year ago
Apr 30, 2023, 10:08:58 AM

The issue is that the EraStar Definition needs a unique key. The mod tools does not change that and you cannot change that in the tools manually. But there is a way... here a pic of a ninth EraStar :)

Anyway. Each EraStarDefinition needs a unique key and the solution is to edit the asset file directly with a text editor and change that value. Here is a package which you can import into your mod tools project: New EraStar.zip

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
Top answers
Oldest answers
Recent answers
Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Apr 30, 2023, 10:08:58 AM

The issue is that the EraStar Definition needs a unique key. The mod tools does not change that and you cannot change that in the tools manually. But there is a way... here a pic of a ninth EraStar :)

Anyway. Each EraStarDefinition needs a unique key and the solution is to edit the asset file directly with a text editor and change that value. Here is a package which you can import into your mod tools project: New EraStar.zip

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment