Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Change the prerequisites of the "Punishment" and "Capital Punishment" Civics

CivicsNotification system

a year ago
May 12, 2023, 12:49:54 PM

Currently the "Punishment" and "Capital Punishment" are some controversial Civics due to their really rare to encounter prerequisites. In this Idea I'll be remembering to the community members their current prerequisites and, later, I'll be suggesting some new ones. I'm writing this idea taking inspiration from a previous thread of mine [https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/168-general/threads/51366-why-does-capital-punishment-need-empire-s-stability-lower-than-settled?page=1#post-366406] of which I'll be post here a little citation:

"The first person who wrote against the actual usefulness of the death penalty and torture was Cesare Beccaria, an Italian who is widely considered one of the greatest thinkers of the Age of Enlightenment because of his progressive ideas. Against the game's logic he actually wrote Dei delitti e delle pene, which is the pamphlet where he explained his ideas and it's also his most famous one, during a stable time where culture and science were flourishing: I may understand the necessity for the game to make depend some civics unlockment on a low stability empire, but in this case 1) it's not realistic and 2) is almost useless."

Said so, now I'll describe in detail the current prerequisites and effect of these civics, with also some suggestions on how to improve them.

Punishment

Currently, Punishment is a useful civic that offers the ability to either double the delay between two crisis, or to lower by 20% the amount of Stability lowered per turn. Its main downside is its prerequisite that requires to "have a City with a City Watch and have your Empire's Stability as Unstable"

Here my main suggestion would just to request as prerequisite just to experience an Unstable level of Empire Stability.

Capital Punishment

Capital Punishment offers the ability to either buff your Commons Quarters (+5 Stability) or your Farmers Quarters (+5 Food). Here the main problem is that this civic requires Punishment active as prerequisite (in addition to have at least 9 Farmer Era Star and to have the level of Empire's Stability lower than "Settled"). Here I would just suggest to fix the Punishment Civic, as already mentioned before, and to remove the necessity to have a low Empire Stability.

Updated 7 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
May 13, 2023, 11:03:04 AM

Feel free to share your thoughts here in the comments. Every suggestion is welcome.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment