Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
a year ago
Jun 10, 2023, 4:16:23 PM

To add a greater sense of control to making future lobbies/saves, I suggest the addition of a 'Persona Pool' functionality. When creating a lobby, the new menu would look something like this:

Though it looks similar to the current menu, more or less, the 'Random' AI instead is the name of a theoretical pool of Personas created by the player.

To find a Persona that meets the criteria in the pool, the game would need to define search parameters that are selectable by the player, I feel like such a precedent is already easily available in the form of the 'Archetypes', 'Strengths', and 'Biases' tabs respectively. A 'point limit' functionality would also be invaluable.

You can see I've named the prospective Persona Pool 'PersonaPoolOne', but I imagine players would name theirs more flavourfully and creatively if given the options, with names such as 'IRL Friends', 'Pacifists', 'Hurt Me Plenty' and so on; with that in mind, it would be helpful to be able to manually include or exclude a Persona for such a group as 'IRL Friends'.

I have included a further example menu for how this overall concept would function. It does not, at present, include buttons for 'saving' or 'loading' but I assume for a lot of people, that'd be a key part of the functionality of this feature.

Hopefully these images and the associated text can entice both the playerbase, and Amplitude into adding such a useful, and helpful, QoL feature to the game.

Edit: Expanding the 'Persona Pool' Idea

Hi, so it's 3 months after I initially posted the idea, now. I've had renewed interest interacting with threads on the forum that are keen on a similar feature or that might agree that this would be a good system for the game that would help them customise their experience.

With that in mind, I've made a pretty basic mock-up/draft of what the system's menu may look like in-game, so as to better communicate the idea.

I'm not sure what else might be worth adding to the idea, now, other than to warn that what I've suggested is a fairly pared down/basic iteration of the potential the idea can hold and that I've made it as an attempt to showcase an interpretation of it.

Some issues that are already apparent are that a secondary option for moving Personas around, like a button, or keyboard shortcut, may help users that may find it hard to click and drag during gameplay for one reason or another, as well as a lack of overall visual polish or ability to tell which slot (if any) is 'selected', despite my best efforts in making something that imitates the game's style.

Notably, such a system would also fix the 'I've unlocked the Twitch Personas and can't turn them off/disable them if I don't enjoy this creator, and so on. It would really help people that want to 'fine tune' their randomly generated opponents instead of having to feel a little less happy hand-picking AI that they might otherwise have found fun to discover.

In the spirit of Twitch Streamers, as they're a big reason why a lot of people have renewed interest in the idea, I'd recommend upvoting the thread or, as they say, 'providing engagement' with a 'call to action'.

Ugh, I feel dirty after saying that.

Updated 6 hours ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment