Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Art and Archeology (Leverage expanded)

DiplomacyCongress

a year ago
Aug 18, 2023, 12:41:01 PM

The main aim of this idea is to add new interesting sources of leverage. Since leverage is currently quite boring to obtain even though it's incredibly valuable since you can get fame from it.

Archeologists

Archeologists search for signs of past battles, destroyed districts/cities and sunken ships. Once found they dig up the remains giving you a choice of reward depending on what they found. If they uncover a battle in which you partook you have the choice of gaining a new reparation grievance against your past enemy or influence. If they discover a battle in which you didn't partake you can choose to give the reparation grievance to either side granting you leverage against them, or you can choose to gain gold. If they find sunken ship or remains of a free city you can get either gold, influence, or global leverage.

Artists

A new unit you can take with you to paint a battle or send out to paint a landmark. Each landmark can only be painted once. A landmark painting gives you the choice between either global leverage, gold, or influence.

In battle an artist cannot attack, but if for most of the battle they have line of sight of an enemy or one of your units adjacent to an enemy they succeed in painting. If the artist succeeds, they retire granting you a reward. You can choose between gaining stability in all of your cities for 10 turns or gaining influence against your enemy.

Reparation grievance, generates extra influence when renounced or can be demanded for payment.

Global leverage, can only be used on actions in the Congress of Humankind.

Disclaimer

As always, I try to make my ideas revolve around existing game mechanics so they don't require a complete overhaul. That's why I want to make it clear I'm not suggesting copying the culture mechanics from Civilization. In this idea art and archeologic findings are not physical goods you have to store somewhere in your empire. They're one-time events granting you a reward. Maybe in the future Humankind wants art museums and art trading and whatnot, that would be awesome but would require a big expansion whereas my idea is an improvement on existing mechanics. For example, archeologists can use a variation of the leverage curiosities that are already in the game. Artists also only use content that already exists like events, landmarks, battles and line of sight but in an out of the box way. 

Updated 19 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment