Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What's Your Favorite PC Game to Play When You're Bored?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 11:57:48 PM
Nate388 wrote:
Civ V gives me some fun times smiley: smile

Although Civ IV is the most complete Civ III remains my favorite from the series among Alpha Centauri as spin off
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 2:29:34 AM
I used to play SubSpace: Continuum a whole lot. Clocked up ~3000 hours but I stopped playing like 5 years ago.

Nowadays I usually go to Team Fortress 2 or Counterstrike: Source when I'm not playing through an RPG or RTS (currently having lots of fun in Jagged Alliance 2 and Shogun TW 2)

FinalStrigon wrote:
What was wrong with Empires? I played the hell out of that game, too, and I never noticed any issues.

When it was first released until about half a year later, it had numerous bugs such as memory leaks (the game would freeze for longer and longer periods every time you selected a fleet), bad unit pathing (especially movement on fortress walls, but also cavalry units would break apart in every direction when ordered to charge), bad battle AI (often it just sat still and let you blast it apart with ranged attacks, and ignored you as you moved your entire army behind it to flank attack), bad campaign AI (it never ever launched ampibious invasions so the UK was basically a non-entity, and the AI didn't coordinate its alliances or wars so it would often declare war on you the turn after entering an alliance with you), and ridiculously long turn resolution times.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 2:53:54 AM
Panopticon wrote:
bad campaign AI (it never ever launched ampibious invasions so the UK was basically a non-entity

Ah, the non-amphibious invasions bug. How could I have forgotten that one. Good times, good times...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 12:34:48 PM
Panopticon wrote:
When it was first released until about half a year later, it had numerous bugs such as memory leaks (the game would freeze for longer and longer periods every time you selected a fleet), bad unit pathing (especially movement on fortress walls, but also cavalry units would break apart in every direction when ordered to charge), bad battle AI (often it just sat still and let you blast it apart with ranged attacks, and ignored you as you moved your entire army behind it to flank attack), bad campaign AI (it never ever launched ampibious invasions so the UK was basically a non-entity, and the AI didn't coordinate its alliances or wars so it would often declare war on you the turn after entering an alliance with you), and ridiculously long turn resolution times.

Ah, that would explain it. I must have bought it after it was updated. Because I know that late into my US campaign, for some reason, the Marathas were invading my newly acquired Canadian holdings. This was following numerous declined diplomatic proposals with them asking for the territory. What on earth they wanted with Canada I'll never know, but I showed them the door...I haven't noticed those other issues either, so, yeah, I must have missed that period of the game having all those issues.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 1:11:04 PM
When I am bored I usually buy a new game to play (and then regret it a few hours later).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 18, 2012, 11:44:20 AM
nats wrote:
When I am bored I usually buy a new game to play (and then regret it a few hours later).

Yeh, i know that feeling.

I usually play Counterstrike: Source. Im not sure why i always go back to it because it infuriates me to no end, but i guess im just not quite right in the head smiley: sweat
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 18, 2012, 4:31:26 PM
For pure boredom, league of legends or dota 2.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 19, 2012, 5:46:34 AM
Nomas wrote:
Although Civ IV is the most complete Civ III remains my favorite from the series among Alpha Centauri as spin off

HAH! so you do it to eh? I used Alpha Centauri as a spin off into Endless space when I bought the game xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 19, 2012, 8:11:26 AM
Well after a complete Civ game i used to go on a MOO game to continue the story lol till Alpha comes at least smiley: wink
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 20, 2012, 3:51:54 AM
Hearts of Iron III where I organize armies, HQ and stuff. Good boredom killer, but haven't actually played it for some months now.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 20, 2012, 6:54:19 AM
Civ 5 is a great time killer. I always walk away thinking, 'alright that's enough, it's getting boring now,' but that being hours later. smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 21, 2012, 10:19:14 PM
League of Legends where I also partake as a wrenchman in the forums.

And tf2 is good for a laugh
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 3:08:03 PM
Killing Floor.

Used to be LoL and DOTA2 but hundreds-too-many adolescent keyboard jockeys put paid to that. In no other game – and I’ve been an online gamer ever since it was possible – have I ever encountered such a toxic player base. I am now of the opinion that if LoL & DOTA2 ceased to exist tomorrow we would send at least one form of internet cancer into remission right there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 3:14:42 PM
defekt wrote:
Killing Floor.

Used to be LoL and DOTA2 but hundreds-too-many adolescent keyboard jockeys put paid to that. In no other game – and I’ve been an online gamer ever since it was possible – have I ever encountered such a toxic player base. I am now of the opinion that if LoL & DOTA2 ceased to exist tomorrow we would send at least one form of internet cancer into remission right there.

What do you mean by toxic player base? I can't speak for LoL, but I have some friends who play DOTA2, and I've been trying to get my hands on a way to get in and play with them.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 3:17:43 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
What do you mean by toxic player base? I can't speak for LoL, but I have some friends who play DOTA2, and I've been trying to get my hands on a way to get in and play with them.

Clearly not everyone is an asshat that plays those games, but by far and away they have the highest contingent of the said than any other online game I've experienced. If I could give you my DOTA2 pass you'd be most welcome to it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 23, 2012, 3:28:17 PM
defekt wrote:
Clearly not everyone is an asshat that plays those games, but by far and away they have the highest contingent of the said than any other online game I've experienced. If I could give you my DOTA2 pass you'd be most welcome to it.

Oh, I wasn't implying that you meant everyone was, just was curious as to what made you say that. Aside from Endless Space, I rarely interact with the communities of other games. ^^;; The most I do otherwise is checking the ME3 forums every now and then, looking for builds for classes.

And if you don't mind, that'd be awesome. PM it to me, whenever you feel like it. I'll owe you one.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment